Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Mar 27, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #1,367 of 5,568
Are these the iems to get if you want a really good sound without going for customs? I was planning to do just that but I thought that i may be to much of a hassle to send them back and forth over the ocean to american ( I live in sweden ). 

How is the fit and size of these? I just love the small size of the RE0 headphones and the experience with the horrible fit of the super fi 5 still scares me.....

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #1,368 of 5,568
Westone 4 sound amazing with Gloria Estefan CD RIP Greatest Hits/1988 Dr.Beat 1019 kpbs VBR FLAC 44.1kHz filesize 31.9 mb.
I never though that this song was soo real, i can hear things that were there before, but now is around me, is like she is playing on the stage only for me.The bass/drums all instruments are there, fast and separation is great.
Who want to have listen PM.
Westone 4 indeed are the best IEM for the moment, untill Westone come with a 5 drivers IEM in the future.
PS.where can i buy medium Shure Olives in UK?Thanks,
Levi

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #1,369 of 5,568

You can't go wrong with Westone 4.They have the best sound sound for a IEM IMHO, try them and you will be very happy.PM for a great seller if you are interested.Size and fit is just like W3 and Westone are very good with build quality and fit, better then Shure wich are ok.
Levi

Quote:
Are these the iems to get if you want a really good sound without going for customs? I was planning to do just that but I thought that i may be to much of a hassle to send them back and forth over the ocean to american ( I live in sweden ). 

How is the fit and size of these? I just love the small size of the RE0 headphones and the experience with the horrible fit of the super fi 5 still scares me.....

Mar 27, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #1,370 of 5,568

Quote:
Westone 4 sound amazing with Gloria Estefan CD RIP Greatest Hits/1988 Dr.Beat 1019 kpbs VBR FLAC 44.1kHz filesize 31.9 mb.
I never though that this song was soo real, i can hear things that were there before, but now is around me, is like she is playing on the stage only for me.The bass/drums all instruments are there, fast and separation is great.
Westone 4 indeed are the best IEM for the moment, untill Westone come with a 5 drivers IEM in the future.
Levi

iheadphones.co.uk, handheldaudio.co.uk theheadphonecompany.co.uk (seem to sell individual pairs) to name a few!

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #1,371 of 5,568

Quote:
I've been told by a few members that the W4 is what I'm looking for, and I would like to ask members in this thread if that's true. Basically, I have the SE535 and W3, and neither is ideal for me. I have EQ'd both to sound much closer to my ideal (which is basically a hybrid of all my best headphones + my references studio monitors). Here are the EQ settings:

SE535:

W3:

Judging from my EQ settings, can you guys please tell me if the W4 is indeed what I'm looking for, or should I consider other models?

Based on your EQ settings, I think the W4 is a good choice to use no EQ for the bass/mids, and there is no 7-8K peak to remove either, although you might still be wanting to add a couple of dB in the very high treble like you do now.  That will depend on the tips and ear canal position.

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #1,372 of 5,568

Quote:
No, I believe. You would probably like the bass but you would find midrange too recesed and highs will be the same issue for you as with W3. IMHO you should look into dynamic drivers or over ear headphones.

Quote:
Are you the first person here to say that the mids on the W4's are too recessed? Does anybody else agree?
Thanks

I don't agree with him in the least bit.

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #1,376 of 5,568
How is the fit and the isolation on these W4's ?

Recently i got on a loan a pair of W3's and i did find their isolation really poor when compared with the Shure SE420's and just poor when compared with the Shure SE530's. In my book the 420's are the most isolating universals out there but i expected this W3 to match the 530's in that regard.

To me isolation is of paramount importance since it's health for my ears and increases the dynamic range and resolution at a given volume.

Thus i'm really disappointed with the W3 in the isolation area. They are comfy and isolate but their isolation is far worse than the one i get from Shure.Actually i think that without custom tips they are a no go for me since i need to crank up the volume more than i like ( I love low volume listening).

Since it looks that the W4 casing is the same as well as the nozzle i'm assuming they would fare like the W3's in the isolation department. Am i missing something ?

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #1,377 of 5,568
Okay, who wants to lend me their W4? Don't all speak up at once...lol.
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #1,378 of 5,568
hi,

i think you can get it at amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0015PN3W6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&m=A2H3RC0JQFACIT

Quote:
Levi

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #1,379 of 5,568
I feel that the W4 have a slight forwardness in their midrange but definitely not the most forward I've heard in a earphone.

As for isolation I get decent isolation but not at the same level of Shure. The short tips are an issue with me for that area so I won't get the best isolation but still good enough for my comute.

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #1,380 of 5,568

My W4 Warranty Card just reached Westone USA.I just got a confirmation email from them.
Their customer service is Great, that's why i allways choose Westone.! year when you register online+another 1 year when you send the warranty card to them.Very happy with those, do they need 24 h hours burn in?The sound is better and better IMHO.
400 $ CAD for W4 with 2 years international warranty isn't bad at all is it?
redface.gif

Quote:
I thought Westone didn't really care as long as you had a proof of receipt or the warranty card filled out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back