Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Dec 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #863 of 982
Quote:
Thanks, but i am still really interested in DBA-02 mkII. I read it has very well detailed sound and that's very important for me. But again i never listened to a good IEM so hard to say.

The GR07 is just as detailed as every balanced armature I've heard. The difference is how aggressively they push the details in your face. Compared to the 07, the DBA will sound like it lacks bass. I also recommended the GR07 because it's the best phone I've heard for rock  under $1,000

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #864 of 982
Quote:

The GR07 is just as detailed as every balanced armature I've heard. The difference is how aggressively they push the details in your face. Compared to the 07, the DBA will sound like it lacks bass. I also recommended the GR07 because it's the best phone I've heard for rock  under $1,000

Wow awesome.. Now gonna really consider GR07s, thanks.

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #865 of 982
It's relative though. Compared to the ER4S the DBA will sound like it has more emphasized bass and stronger treble. So the GR07 sounds quite bloated in comparison to both the DBA and ER4S. It depends what one prefers and is used to. You should try both at some point to see what side you fall on.

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #866 of 982
Quote:
It's relative though. Compared to the ER4S the DBA will sound like it has more emphasized bass and stronger treble. So the GR07 sounds quite bloated in comparison to both the DBA and ER4S. It depends what one prefers and is used to. You should try both at some point to see what side you fall on.

If the GR07 sounds bloated compared to the DBA and ER4S, I'd say those two are suffering from some sort of sonic anorexia.

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #867 of 982
If the GR07 sounds bloated compared to the DBA and ER4S, I'd say those two are suffering from some sort of sonic anorexia.

A lot of people would agree with you. There are two ways to perceive bass in a live setting, through the ear and through elsewhere on the body (feeling).
Iems with emphasized bass simulate the feeling, and iems without emphasized bass simulate only the heard bass.

I think once a person gets used to one presentation or the other it can be difficult to switch.

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #868 of 982
The sound is great, but it's already randomly shorting out on one ear or the other randomly so I have to fidget with the area where the headphone jack is located.  :c  It's been like 3 1/2 months.

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #869 of 982
Quote:
The sound is great, but it's already randomly shorting out on one ear or the other randomly so I have to fidget with the area where the headphone jack is located.  :c  It's been like 3 1/2 months.

I had the same problem (MK1), but had the jack re-terminated instead of shipping them back to Singapore where I bought them (lendmeurears). I highly recommend getting a warranty replacement asap. 

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #870 of 982
Quote:
I had the same problem (MK1), but had the jack re-terminated instead of shipping them back to Singapore where I bought them (lendmeurears). I highly recommend getting a warranty replacement asap. 

I don't have a soldering kit, so I probably won't reterminate it.  Any idea on who to contact if I purchased them direct from VSONIC on Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back