Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Dec 29, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #871 of 982
Quote:
I don't have a soldering kit, so I probably won't reterminate it.  Any idea on who to contact if I purchased them direct from VSONIC on Amazon?

You can try to contact VSONIC directly. They solved issues with faulty GR07's before, even out of the warranty period. You must be patient and persistent though, as they're known for not being very responsive to emails and it can take a while for them to answer...

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #873 of 982
Quote:
Has anyone tried GR07 mkii with Cowon i9 player? Also how are GR07 for outdoors use (I don't listen to IEMs at home)?

The GR07 MKII isolate decently, have low microphonics and stay in your ear pretty well. They'll stay for walking, but probably not jogging. I find them suitable for outdoor use.

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #874 of 982
I have decided to buy a decent IEM and was planning to buy a re-262 until people started suggesting the GR07 for the music i listen. I mostly listen to bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, radiohead, arctic monkeys, U2, muse, coldplay, mutemath.

So now i need to decide if i'll buy the MKII or the BE. In the BE-thread people suggested the BE, but what will MKII owners suggest?

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #876 of 982
RE0 graph is out on Rin's blog. Treble seems just as peaky if not more than the GR07. Distortion however is extremely low. Channel matching is excellent. I was on the fence about RE0's treble, and the dips start a bit lower than I predicted. I wonder if this is typical of the RE0 since most people seem to rave about the linear and extended highs, which I'm not hearing or seeing in Rin's graph either.

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #877 of 982
Quote:
RE0 graph is out on Rin's blog. Treble seems just as peaky if not more than the GR07. Distortion however is extremely low. Channel matching is excellent. I was on the fence about RE0's treble, and the dips start a bit lower than I predicted. I wonder if this is typical of the RE0 since most people seem to rave about the linear and extended highs, which I'm not hearing or seeing in Rin's graph either.

I'm curious to how it responds with different tips.  Rin states that it's most linear with stock single flanges.  I was never able to get any type of good seal with the stock single flanges.  The best seals came from the Sony Hybrid for me.  

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #878 of 982
Just received my GR07 mkII, just 7 days from Singapore to Europe with weekends and new year included, so really fast. First impressions really good, sound is really good and comfort is 10/10, can't even feel them in my ears. Now there is much less bass compared to my old Klipsch image S3, but i guess S3 just has too much bass, i really have no idea how much bass there is supposed to be haha. Also didn't receive hardcase, i guess it's no longer included into complectation?

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #879 of 982
Just received my GR07 mkII, just 7 days from Singapore to Europe with weekends and new year included, so really fast. First impressions really good, sound is really good and comfort is 10/10, can't even feel them in my ears. Now there is much less bass compared to my old Klipsch image S3, but i guess S3 just has too much bass, i really have no idea how much bass there is supposed to be haha. Also didn't receive hardcase, i guess it's no longer included into complectation?

Don't forget to give them 250 hours burn in! (serious) :wink:

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #880 of 982
Quote:
Don't forget to give them 250 hours burn in! (serious)
wink.gif

Yeah of course, but it already sounds extremely nice for me compared to my all previous cheap iems. 

I would like to know, can you break iems just by doing too much volume on DAP which is w/o amp? My cowon iaudio 9 gives a lot of power, so wonder if i can go up until max.

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #883 of 982
Quote:
On that note, does anyone know of a full-sized headphone that is like the GR07 MKII???   I'm having trouble finding any answers.

I heard the Denon D7000 shares a similar signature. Unfortunately they're discontinued now.

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #884 of 982
Yeah of course, but it already sounds extremely nice for me compared to my all previous cheap iems. 

I would like to know, can you break iems just by doing too much volume on DAP which is w/o amp? My cowon iaudio 9 gives a lot of power, so wonder if i can go up until max.

No, I think you'd do serious damage to your hearing before that happened. Just use them normally, I have amped GR07 MKII in the past and punished them fairly hard there was never a problem. even that after weeks and weeks off burn in at 3/4 volume. The main thing you want to avoid is distortion, and also look after you hearing!

But to answer your question full volume won't hurt them. (as long as there's no distortion) Pretty tough little drivers in there. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back