Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Aug 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #334 of 982
Quote:

Really?  I have the TDK BA200, and I WANT to love them, but every time a do an A/B, the GR07s come out on top.  For me, the GR07 sounds much fuller, especially at the high freq. end.  I could see preferring the BA200 if one had a severe aversion to the slight sibilance, which the GR07 could be accused of (though, having gotten used to it, I love it).

Say, anyone interested in a like-mint set of TDK BA200s ?

I guess I'll try running them in some more and keep my fingers crossed!

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #336 of 982
It's just the overall clarity that I'm somewhat disappointed with so far.

I was the same at first, especially when you come from something like B2 or any mid tier BA driver, it will improve. Make sure you give them 150 - 200 hours before judging them, the break in period for these is really important, that's why I don't bother listening to out of the box impressions. it took me about a week to understand the signature and now they make my TF10 sound flat in some regards.

Just keep them burning and see how you go. :smile:

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #337 of 982
Quote:
I was the same at first, especially when you come from something like B2 or any mid tier BA driver, it will improve. Make sure you give them 150 - 200 hours before judging them, the break in period for these is really important, that's why I don't bother listening to out of the box impressions. it took me about a week to understand the signature and now they make my TF10 sound flat in some regards.
Just keep them burning and see how you go.
smile.gif

Yup, intending to, thanks.

60+ hours now only, guess it's a lil early!

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #338 of 982
Quote:
 it took me about a week to understand the signature and now they make my TF10 sound flat in some regards.

I can relate to this.  The first time I heard the GR07s I thought they could not hold a candle to the TF10s.  The more I listen to the Vsonics, though, the more I like them.  I still think the TF10s are a little better, but I'm loving the GR07.  They do things the other can't do, but both of them make listening to music a pure pleasure. 

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #339 of 982
I can relate to this.  The first time I heard the GR07s I thought they could not hold a candle to the TF10s.  The more I listen to the Vsonics, though, the more I like them.  I still think the TF10s are a little better, but I'm loving the GR07.  They do things the other can't do, but both of them make listening to music a pure pleasure. 

There's nothing like good variety, owning both you can have the best of both worlds because they sound completely different though excel in certain areas. GRO7 texture, timbre, is what calls me back. Sometime when I switch to TF10 straight away I say .....nah, I want that GRO7 treble switching back. :tongue_smile: There's something about the whole GRO7 signature though that really forms a relationship with it's owner. A bonding if you will. Like any friendship it takes time getting to know one another.

My new silver plated cable arrived today for TF10! (just have to pick it up from the PO) :rolleyes:

Aug 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #341 of 982

I had a pair of PFE's on loan and used them with the grey filter. The signature was quite similar with the GR07 (MK1) having better extension and impact at the bottom. The PFE's were harder to drive.

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #342 of 982
Out of curiosity, can anyone with more experience fiddling with these offer any fit/comfort advice regarding the adjustable nozzle angle?

I'm having difficulty perceiving any particular differences in sound/seal... comfort seems best to me when angled the most "forward" (while in the ears), but angling to the other extreme (inward, toward center of head) feels "tighter" in the sense the housing is more snugly cradled in my outer ear folds...

Just curious I suppose if anyone has explored how to go about determining/measuring an "optimum" angle, if such a thing can be defined?  I think the nerves in and around my ears  alone aren't up to the task as I can't really feel it out =).

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #344 of 982
Quote:
I also don't really get a "seal" feeling. I just push it directly into my ear canal.

Same here, and it bugged me. I switched to the double flanges and I get the seal feeling I expect.

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #345 of 982
I found them a bit boring, thats why I'm not going to try the MK2. But have been reading the thread with some interest :)

Quote:
What that EQing adds detail timbre etc. If you say so.

Obviously EQing doesn't add timbre, but it can add some more detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back