Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Jul 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #213 of 982
Just checked mine, there's the slightest deformation at the union between the strain reliever and cable. It is a little oval shaped, it would take a caliper to say just how much.

Yes, that sounds exactly like my pair Raven9891. Hopefully it doesn't cause problems.

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #214 of 982
Quote:
Has there been any consensus whether the MK2 sounds different than the MK1 yet? 

From what I can understand from the review I posted some posts back, the reviewer says there's a significant improvement over the original model sound, with "a more balanced sound" and "overall dynamic upgrade". Around here, I'm not sure if anyone already had the chance to compare them both side-by-side... 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 22, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #216 of 982
So the GR07 and what else has been recabled?

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #217 of 982
Quote:
My GR07 MK2 got here about an hour ago and all I can say is that I'm impressed. I'm using an HP Touchpad as my source (Wolfson WM8958), along with some audio mods from XDA and Volume+ for EQ. It's probably not the best source, and please keep in mind my iem experience is limited (A151, CKM50, Brainwavz B2). Upon first listen with zero EQ (Some DJ Shadow & Ulrich Schnauss), they did come off as very neutral, but I was expecting this and am very happy with the purchase. I went on to mess around with the EQ a bit while listening to some Interpol, old school breaks, house, and other EDM that is on the darker side (Boards of Canada, Nick Warren, etc.) and don't understand why everyone classifies the GR07 as "unexciting". I used to spin back in the 90s-early 2000s, and I almost feel like I'm standing right behind the turntables with these things. In fact, I think without ever sticking the GR07 in my ear, I may have never discovered this almost nostalgic sound signature. It's like everyone else said, a professional monitor with neutral and accurate sound and I'm in love with the GR07. I can't believe it took me over a year to finally buy these. Thank You ClieOS, ljokerl, and everyone else who answered my GR07 questions in numerous threads and private messages!
Anyway, I'm going to go listen to some more music 
smily_headphones1.gif

Are you finding them better than the brainwavz b2? More realistic or natural?

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #219 of 982
I contacted Lend Me UR Ears for an update and they were very gracious in letting me know what was up. My MK2 looks scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

Jul 27, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #220 of 982
Good luck!

After a couple days of burn-in, these are really starting to grow on me. I love the delicate highs, the clear mids, and the wonderfully textured bass. Music sounds real with these. I especially enjoy acoustic piano pieces, as each keystroke is defined and full. Electronic genres are great as well, but not as fantastic since the sounds aren't really natural. Fantastic earphones; best I've owned.

Also, the cable. Nothing more needs to be said.

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #222 of 982
Quote:
Good luck!

After a couple days of burn-in, these are really starting to grow on me. I love the delicate highs, the clear mids, and the wonderfully textured bass. Music sounds real with these. I especially enjoy acoustic piano pieces, as each keystroke is defined and full. Electronic genres are great as well, but not as fantastic since the sounds aren't really natural. Fantastic earphones; best I've owned.

Also, though the bass quantity may not be up there with the IE8, the absolutely delicious texture makes it great for dubstep. You should listen to a really good bass drop with these things. My jaws dropped open.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #223 of 982
Good luck!

I feel the same way. Owning TF10 and EPH-100 I feel MK2 were the best purchase I've made to date.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #224 of 982
I feel the same way. Owning TF10 and EPH-100 I feel MK2 were the best purchase I've made to date.

When I received the eph-100 I thought they were fantastic, top grade. After receiving the gr07, they were like throwaway earbuds. These are the closest thing I've heard that resembled a full sized can in an iem form factor. I'd expect a sound like that with the more expensive ones...not one priced under 200. No sacrifices were made for the SQ either cause the build quality is second to none. One of the most bang for buck IEMs out there.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #225 of 982
I'll probably get slaughtered for saying this, but I do feel TF10 are better suited for rock and metal genres over GRO7. It's dynamic range and speed gives a fuller sensation. However, what TF10 can't do as well is drum presentation in these genres. I was comparing last night with some Metallica, TF10 won the air time. For any other genre though GRO7 signature is hard to beat.

*ducks for cover*

@stevenlongs: If you can find a set of TF10 on the boards I recommend them for something different. They can hold their own up against GRO7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back