VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #5,716 of 7,982
  hoollly smokes they (GR07 BE) like a absolute dream! i'm not even sure how much they guy i bought them used for burned them in for but i don't care!

how is it possible to have this kind of low end, so fast so clean, so tight?! without bleeding into mid range? theres just the perfect amount of weight on the low end.

the midrange is dry and natural, with a fantastic soundstage. Male and female vocals are soo nice i actually prefer the re400s in this aspect. maybe cause its just a shad recessed because of the fantastic low end

the highs is aggressive perfectly enough, i detect a very small sense of siblance, but once i realize how far they extend, the clarity,

this is fantastic, i got them 100CAD. they are officially my main iem. i use to use the re400s (those sound fantastic, but the gr07's cables are sturdier, the overall build is sturdier, and i didn't care for the fabric cable of the re400s plus the cable is just not as nice as the vsonics)

i'm just debating between using the generic single flange or the sony hybrids?!

the sony hybrids warm up the sound, bumping the bass a bit and a bit on the lower highs but mid to upper highs seem more clear and coherent with the generic ones, while toning down on that delicious bass, while making the midrange less recessed.

Decisions decisions! but what fantastic predicament to have!!!!

:D
Knew it! Never found one person who is disappointed with the GR07 BE. Such a fantastic IEM in every aspect :)
This is coming from a guy who has owned several much more expensive IEM's...

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #5,719 of 7,982
  hoollly smokes they (GR07 BE) like a absolute dream! i'm not even sure how much they guy i bought them used for burned them in for but i don't care!

how is it possible to have this kind of low end, so fast so clean, so tight?! without bleeding into mid range? theres just the perfect amount of weight on the low end.

the midrange is dry and natural, with a fantastic soundstage. Male and female vocals are soo nice i actually prefer the re400s in this aspect. maybe cause its just a shad recessed because of the fantastic low end

the highs is aggressive perfectly enough, i detect a very small sense of siblance, but once i realize how far they extend, the clarity,

this is fantastic, i got them 100CAD. they are officially my main iem. i use to use the re400s (those sound fantastic, but the gr07's cables are sturdier, the overall build is sturdier, and i didn't care for the fabric cable of the re400s plus the cable is just not as nice as the vsonics)

i'm just debating between using the generic single flange or the sony hybrids?!

the sony hybrids warm up the sound, bumping the bass a bit and a bit on the lower highs but mid to upper highs seem more clear and coherent with the generic ones, while toning down on that delicious bass, while making the midrange less recessed.

Decisions decisions! but what fantastic predicament to have!!!!

The BE is pretty fantastic with it's bass presentation, with the MKII right behind it...the benefit of the MKII being that the midrange is a bit more forward as a result of less bass emphasis.  No less extended or textured though, just with slightly less impact...the differences are quite minimal when comparing them side by side.  Both are a good choice to pair with the RE-400 but I agree that the build and cable are better on the Vsonics.  I do like the small driver housings quite a bit on the RE-400...if only the cable felt more durable.  Both are very comfortable to wear for me.

I find the authentic Sony Hybrids to be the best match for silicone tips on the GR07 in terms of sound/comfort, but lately I've been testing the small double-flange tips that come stock on the RE-400 on my MKII, just pushing them past the second knuckle so they are flush with the driver housing.  I posted some pictures on the BE thread: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630585/vsonic-gr07-bass-edition-impressions/1680#post_9961858

I figured since you have both, why not give it a try?  The nozzle hole is just the right size, but there's not much room left from the nozzle itself and your ear as you can see, so they fit fairly snug as a result.  Also, the Sony MH1 stock tips (technically Hybrids v.2 from what I gather) also work fairly well.

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #5,720 of 7,982
Has anyone paired the MKIIs with the dx50? The dx50 is waiting at home for me and I will be pairing it with the re400. However, some people have said they do not have good synergy. I loved the vanilla gr07s so I'm thinking of picking up the mkIIs.

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #5,722 of 7,982
Yes I think I would go for the mkii. A few people said the mids can be slightly recessed on the BE, and I can't stand recessed mids. Wondering if it would be worth it to wait for the classic though. Any news on them?

Nov 15, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #5,723 of 7,982
Hello all!

I lent my GR07 mk2's to a work colleague who is looking for new IEM's. He is very keen on getting a pair, but can only find them for sale on ebay from Hong Kong. He would rather buy from the UK / EU if possible. Does anyone know of an appropriate stockist in these locations?

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #5,724 of 7,982
  Yes I think I would go for the mkii. A few people said the mids can be slightly recessed on the BE, and I can't stand recessed mids. Wondering if it would be worth it to wait for the classic though. Any news on them?

i own the re400s with very strong mids and overall neutral sound and the gr07 be a/bing them

the gro7's mids do not fall much behind the re400s, but to say its mids are "recessed" is relative. in its overall sound the mids would be considered a tad recessed

but as whole its mids are still fabulous

the  weight on bass on the be edition seem make the mids seem that way

even though the bass is very well weighed in my opinion and its attack and decay is very good as well. i feel the re400s without that little bass bump makes the mids shine a bit more. but theres a multitude of reasons for that as well. 

i find the vertical layering and depth on the re400s allow the mids to have more "airier" feeling as well

the mids on the be edition is a wider, evident to its wider sound stage. and is good for its purposes. 

id say if your listening to more celtic music or more vocally emphasized music with a less bass punch the re400s would be better. 

for more modern music recordings, pop, edm, i would give the nodd to the be edition

Nov 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #5,725 of 7,982
Hello all!

I lent my GR07 mk2's to a work colleague who is looking for new IEM's. He is very keen on getting a pair, but can only find them for sale on ebay from Hong Kong. He would rather buy from the UK / EU if possible. Does anyone know of an appropriate stockist in these locations?

Anyone?

Nov 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #5,726 of 7,982
  Anyone?

Well, headphoniaks had it at a discount for a while but they are out of stock right now and only have the BE. I know they have connections with vsonic, so they might restock soon but I'm not 100% sure. I hope your friend realizes that going with a EU seller means paying probably around 30+ pounds more - he'll never get it at the cool 130 bucks LMUE are selling it for.

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #5,727 of 7,982
  Well, headphoniaks had it at a discount for a while but they are out of stock right now and only have the BE. I know they have connections with vsonic, so they might restock soon but I'm not 100% sure. I hope your friend realizes that going with a EU seller means paying probably around 30+ pounds more - he'll never get it at the cool 130 bucks LMUE are selling it for.

Hi, thanks for the info.

I did tell my friend that would be the case, but he seems adverse to buying outside of the EU. There is also the problem of import duty if your buying from ( mostly  ) America and importing to the UK. I think that at $130 there would be a charge of around £30 on top anyway!

I said he would be better off buying them at £118 ish from ebay ( Hong Kong ) as its less likely to be flagged for import tax.

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #5,728 of 7,982
  Hi, thanks for the info.

I did tell my friend that would be the case, but he seems adverse to buying outside of the EU. There is also the problem of import duty if your buying from ( mostly  ) America and importing to the UK. I think that at $130 there would be a charge of around £30 on top anyway!

I said he would be better off buying them at £118 ish from ebay ( Hong Kong ) as its less likely to be flagged for import tax.

Well, if headphoniaks restock them and sell them again at around 120 euro it should come at around 110 pounds with the shipping (DHL) and he'll receive them pretty fast from Spain (still about 30 pounds more expensive than LMUE).
Otherwise, I'll suggest LMUE - I've never paid tax for stuff from them (probably coz they mark the packages with ridiculously low prices and iems are light) and also it usually takes 5-10 days from the packages to arrive from Singapore to Europe (of course shipping times may vary)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back