VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #5,704 of 7,982

So basically the GR07 except with different colours? Hmm... don't know what to feel about this, haha.
Wish they were a bit... prettier lol

still debating on whether or not to pull the trigger on the gr07mkII or the bE or even the gr06, i have so many iems already!!!

i have this feeling the new one coming out will tone down on the siblance and improve more on the strain relief

this model is what 3 years old already and its still this popular? thats what you call good engineering

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #5,706 of 7,982
Waiting on the GR07 classic to come out.. 

Out of all the IEMs that I have been through, the GR07 has been the most satisfying.

I also wanted to chime in to the person above. I am surprised the GR06 doesn't get more love around here! I owned it briefly, and if you are looking for a warm sound signature it is an awesome value.

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #5,707 of 7,982
  Waiting on the GR07 classic to come out.. 

Out of all the IEMs that I have been through, the GR07 has been the most satisfying.

I also wanted to chime in to the person above. I am surprised the GR06 doesn't get more love around here! I owned it briefly, and if you are looking for a warm sound signature it is an awesome value.

Thats great could you just give a quick impression on those gr06 vs gr07

i'm interested in trying its mid centric signature and it a supposed subdued treble a bit

plus it has almost all the goodies that come with the gr07 the pivot nozzle over-ear guides and cable 

i'm actually more interested in pulling the trigger on gr06 just on price alone (i'm getting soo poor! Head-fi! its all your fault! haha

Nov 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #5,708 of 7,982
To put it briefly, I feel the GR07 is a good neutral all arounder while the GR06, like you said is mid-centric and warm. I think they are good complements to eachother if you want to own both.

For the price I think the GR06 is a no brainer. I was surprised how nice they were. I did ultimately end up selling them though because I like more neutral sound. Quality wise there no issues.

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #5,709 of 7,982
EQing the GR06 to tame down the mid-bass a bit and raise the sub-bass just a little bit will make it a pretty nice neutral-ish, all-rounder IEM. Plus the soundstage seems wider compared to the un-EQed.

Nov 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #5,713 of 7,982
Such as a hustler

^ ALWAYS MENG!!!
wink.gif

... WAAA!!! WAAA!!! WAAA!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #5,714 of 7,982
  GR07 BE :) You'll enjoy it.

i hate how your able to read the future!! haha only joking

i order a pair of used gr07 be from ottawa (i live in toronto) wish i ordered them a few days ago, i got hit by the bummer that is saturday and sunday (haha no way)

so i have to wait till monday-wednesday for them to arrive

can't wait! i love the neutral sound of my re400s but i also crave the bass of my turbines (wish it was a bit less)

the re400s are fantastic just a tad lean in sound for me (airy to me) the turbines are just bit thick and heavy sounding (to me tad is just a little, a bit is like saying more than i want) haha

if the be edition can create a marriage between these two sounds omg its just heaven!!

still love the re400s and turbines a lot haha head-fi spoils me =) before these forums i would have been happy with either of the 3. now i'm going to own all three!!! 

haha

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #5,715 of 7,982
hoollly smokes they (GR07 BE) like a absolute dream! i'm not even sure how much they guy i bought them used for burned them in for but i don't care!

how is it possible to have this kind of low end, so fast so clean, so tight?! without bleeding into mid range? theres just the perfect amount of weight on the low end.

the midrange is dry and natural, with a fantastic soundstage. Male and female vocals are soo nice i actually prefer the re400s in this aspect. maybe cause its just a shad recessed because of the fantastic low end

the highs is aggressive perfectly enough, i detect a very small sense of siblance, but once i realize how far they extend, the clarity,

this is fantastic, i got them 100CAD. they are officially my main iem. i use to use the re400s (those sound fantastic, but the gr07's cables are sturdier, the overall build is sturdier, and i didn't care for the fabric cable of the re400s plus the cable is just not as nice as the vsonics)

i'm just debating between using the generic single flange or the sony hybrids?!

the sony hybrids warm up the sound, bumping the bass a bit and a bit on the lower highs but mid to upper highs seem more clear and coherent with the generic ones, while toning down on that delicious bass, while making the midrange less recessed.

Decisions decisions! but what fantastic predicament to have!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back