VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #5,672 of 7,982
Mine last forever. But...

A. I wash my ears everyday in the shower and let the water get inside them real good.
B. I almost never use my GR-07's.

I honestly don't know why I keep them around. The housing is just too big and I can usually only tolerate them for about 15 to 30 minutes. It frustrates me and I just don't use em. But I keep them cause they sound SO good. And there are times when I definitely need them.

I almost forgot. DO NOT WASH THEM. It totally ruins them. They no longer stay squished.

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #5,673 of 7,982
The number indicates nozzle size, so 100 is the most narrow and 500 is the widest.  I never tried Complys on my GR07, but because the end of the nozzle where the stock-sized tips are mounted is short people use the larger sizes (400 or 500) and push it past the second notch on the nozzle:

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #5,678 of 7,982
lol.. im definitely returning the GR07. It sucks but I dont want to risk buying expensive ass tips that suck for one reason or another. Also i've heard the Complys dont even officially support GR07. I think i'll get one of these blox earphones if they are comfortable and forget about IEM production unfortunately. For an IEM to work for me you would need to feel NOTHING in your ear. It gets as annoying as my beyerdynamic headphone's headband crushing my head after half an hour of usage. I want to avoid these things as I have low tolerance for such things.

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #5,679 of 7,982

WOW! How often do you wear them? I don't wear mine often, but my last pair has lasted me nearly a year.

When I used the comply tips, I was wearing the gr07 about 2-3x each day, so heavy use. After two weeks that would just start breaking down and breaking apart. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #5,681 of 7,982
I'd wait to hear some others chime in. While Matt may have been listening to them quite a bit more, I think over a years time on the TF10's and GR-07's I have spent more time than that on mine.

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #5,684 of 7,982
  When I was using Complys for my Etymotic HF2 they did seem to die quickly.  The hotter the climate the sweatier the ears the faster they'll go.  Shure Olives last much longer.

totally agree with you i used my complys with waxguard on my klipsch s4is lasted at longest 2 months (i compress maybe 2-3times a day/ 5 days a week). 

average about 1 month, shortest was liek 3 weeks (it ripped so badly after and didnt compress long enough to put in my ear

shures lasted me on avg 3 months, longest was 4-5 i think once. but definately longer and better buy 5 of them for the price of 3 complys and i think its still cheaper or the same

their not as comfortable though (their a bit firmer) if only shure makes ones with different sizes like comply, they will have sooo many customers!!

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #5,685 of 7,982
  Received a bag today from the courier that contains a cardboard box which in turn, carries two more small boxes, an apology letter and a set of receipts, and two pages of newspaper as stuffing.
Here's what inside the box:

Some quick impressions:
I personally hate earphones that are full of bass (hated the FXT90, IE8, Atrio M8 with a passion), and basically was having buyer's remorse (especially with the delays of the product) after ordering this "bass version". But surprisingly, the earphones weren't bass-bloated, and were tolerable. (for reference, within the IEMs that I've heard before, the bassiest ones that I could tolerate were the SE215 and EPH100, so I reckon the bass of these should be equal or less to the bass of the SE215 and EPH100, but it's been months since I heard those, so not sure)

Having only heard these for around 30 minutes, so no conclusions yet, but IMO the soundstage seems smaller than the vanilla GR07, but I'm not exactly sure, since I don't own the vanilla GR07, and only heard it once several months ago at Jaben.

I did find the candy cane-esque cable (copper+silver multi-strand cable?) a bit awkward looking aesthetically, and the typo "cooper" (copper) on the box a bit annoying, but perhaps that's just me nitpicking.

are the gr07 have more bass than the se215? Or it is just nice? And which one do you think is better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back