VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #5,587 of 7,982
Wish I had the iems mentioned to compare as it may actually sound more fun than what I'm making them out to be.
nNYw

Sep 23, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #5,589 of 7,982
i have the HTC One and its amazing with the GR07, no amp required. I'm a GSMArena follower and all the latest phones based on the Krait chipset perform great. Put it this way, l'm still undecided what sounds better out of my home and mobile setup.

What didn't you like about the g2?

Sep 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #5,590 of 7,982
i have the HTC One and its amazing with the GR07, no amp required. I'm a GSMArena follower and all the latest phones based on the Krait chipset perform great. Put it this way, l'm still undecided what sounds better out of my home and mobile setup.

What didn't you like about the g2?

Well, for starters I went through 3 of them and tested 2 store models. All of them had a bug in the backlight that would randomly dim, brighten, then dim again. All of them had a bug in the camcorder that would causing skipping if you panned at all. The device got crazy hot compared to my Note 2, S3, and Thunderbolt. The back is greasy, slimy, and did I mention greasy? How bout nasty? It's disgusting. Onscreen buttons blow IMO (there was just as much space as the Note 2 and they could've fit them there). The Note 2's capacitive buttons don't get in the way, don't look ridiculous when playing a game, and you can turn the backlight to always off. The LG skin was pretty barf and fonts were all over the place. Also, coming from an AMOLED display, the IPS glow threw me off. Text looked like it was "floating" above the background and everything was shimmery. Finally, the speaker was quieter than my Note 2. All in all, I was pretty bummed cause it's incredibly more comfortable to hold than the Note 2 and a serious speed demon.

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #5,591 of 7,982

Suppose to be released this month, but no info yet.

I wish they would give more info on the Classic.  I am sitting on the fence whether I should buy the discounted model now or whether to wait for the new one.  I really like the blue version...looks awesome plus the cheaper price is also greatly appreciated.  Of course,  sound quality of the new one will be key.  I highly doubt that they will offer the same driver in the cheaper version.  Introducing 3 colourways points to the fact that the are investing in new tools and thus these will be new models.  On the other hand they continue using the same designation so maybe they keep the same tech too.   What to do???  :)

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #5,592 of 7,982
I wish they would give more info on the Classic.  I am sitting on the fence whether I should buy the discounted model now or whether to wait for the new one.  I really like the blue version...looks awesome plus the cheaper price is also greatly appreciated.  Of course,  sound quality of the new one will be key.  I highly doubt that they will offer the same driver in the cheaper version.  Introducing 3 colourways points to the fact that the are investing in new tools and thus these will be new models.  On the other hand they continue using the same designation so maybe they keep the same tech too.   What to do???  :)
Buy the mk2 before it's gone forever and then buy the classic whenever it comes out. Duh.

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #5,594 of 7,982
I'd vote to buy the 'soon to be gone' MKII and wait for some comparisons of it to the Classic.  It's an excellent headphone, and there is still uncertainty that the Classic will even share the same driver, so that would be reason enough for me.

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #5,595 of 7,982
I don't know how they can call it the classic if it's using something different or new....doesn't make much sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back