VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #5,612 of 7,982
  this is to ensure that people are not surprised why so little bass

Nah, you're telling it as if the gr07 is lean on bass or something and this is not true. It has really good bass and while it might not be up there with really bassy iems it's not little and it's not lean. In fact it has something that almost all basshead iems lack in that region - control, speed and spot-on decay.

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #5,613 of 7,982
I find the bass on the gr07 fantastic. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #5,615 of 7,982

Nah, you're telling it as if the gr07 is lean on bass or something and this is not true. It has really good bass and while it might not be up there with really bassy iems it's not little and it's not lean. In fact it has something that almost all basshead iems lack in that region - control, speed and spot-on decay.

you'll be surprised but to my ears vsd1 sound better then gr07be, midbass more pronounced and sounds more balanced.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #5,616 of 7,982
Oct 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #5,617 of 7,982
Im willing to give them another opportunity, im going to try some other noozles, but how do I properly remove the default one? I don't want to damage it and im not able to do it. Im trying to peel it off with my nails but im scared I will rip it or something.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #5,618 of 7,982

you'll be surprised but to my ears vsd1 sound better then gr07be, midbass more pronounced and sounds more balanced.

Well, I've had only mk2, so I haven't heard be but I know it's supposed to have more bass. But yeah, VSD1 has more mid-bass than Gr07mk2. That doesn't mean gr07 has little bass. As I already said it might not have basshead quantity bass but it has better control, impact and speed than VSD1. Actually, the VSD1 can't even touch the gr07mk2 in the bass department IMO. A basshead doesn't only want more quantity, he wants quality bass - only an average consumer would consider the VSD1 having better bass. Even the VSD1S, which has flatter bass and better impact with more of a deep bass puch isn't quite on par with gr07mk2. The closest visonic is the gr04 flagship in that regard. As far as balance, no - VSD1 is not more balanced than gr07mk2 (I can't speak of the bass edition), it's fairly balanced but mk2 is the more balanced one.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #5,619 of 7,982
  Im willing to give them another opportunity, im going to try some other noozles, but how do I properly remove the default one? I don't want to damage it and im not able to do it. Im trying to peel it off with my nails but im scared I will rip it or something.

Yeah, you should try different tips. You just squeeze the tip with two fingersand just pull it (you might pull slightly to the side) - you won't damage the iem and it comes off fairly easy. You should also try adjusting the nozzles (they do move if you're not aware) and try to find the angle of the nozzle that works for you. You can also always go for a shallower insertion by forcing the tips over the entire nozzles (beyond the lower ridge on the nozzle that stops them). Doing that with the stock tips might be slightly hard, especially if one is worried like you. The meelec M6's tips work great in that way with the gr07 and you just put a slightly bigger tip on the entire nozzles and you get shallower insertion and easier fit if you have issues. This will lower the isolation a bit though.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #5,620 of 7,982
once again convinced it's better not to read the forums and listen to yourself, to my ears, I would never in my life have overpaid for gr07, I'd rather take armature on the money

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #5,621 of 7,982
Not everyone has the same refinement in listening. Some people remain attracted to blunt trauma, while others have begun to appreciate subtleties... and many levels in between. All are okay, but don't act like you're the one who strikes the hammer.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #5,622 of 7,982
  once again convinced it's better not to read the forums and listen to yourself, to my ears, I would never in my life have overpaid for gr07, I'd rather take armature on the money

No problem with that but while not reading the forums you might as well not post things in them that are not true. Both VSD1 and VSD1S are really good iems probably the best I've heard in the sub-$50 range but to anyone who has also heard gr07, they are not quite on the same level, let alone being better. They are great performers but not that great. In the end though it comes down to people's budget and choice whether they are willing to pay 3 times more for a lot less than 3 times improvement in the performance but that's diminishing returns and IMO gr07 is actually a great bang for the buck too, especially at the current price.

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #5,624 of 7,982
Im trying them with a fatter tip, the default one really sucked. The sound is now much better, but im still getting that nauseating feeling from vacuum state. Also, I think they are too harsh on the high end and the sub frequencies are a bit lacking. I've probably shoulda have gone the BE route. I feel like I need to play the track way too loud to get the sub frequencies to pop out and be felt.

Oct 4, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #5,625 of 7,982
Im trying them with a fatter tip, the default one really sucked. The sound is now much better, but im still getting that nauseating feeling from vacuum state. Also, I think they are too harsh on the high end and the sub frequencies are a bit lacking. I've probably shoulda have gone the BE route. I feel like I need to play the track way too loud to get the sub frequencies to pop out and be felt.

Try a doctor if you get nausea from listening to earphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back