VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #5,598 of 7,982
Haha, first time I heard that. Maybe you have dormant fantasies about becoming a hair-stylist? 

Sep 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #5,599 of 7,982
So I had the GR07 for over 2 years and love these little IEMs

However, a few days ago, I my left side stopped producing sound suddenly
I was really bummed out, thinking it broke

Couple days later, I try them again and both sides work
However, the right side is significantly louder or something
Especially the vocals sound shifted to the right side of the soundstage
Not all the way right, but somewhere between the far end and the middle

Any fix to this problem?

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #5,601 of 7,982
  Sounds like you'll need a recable. Check with Brian at BTG Audio. He's very good and has done recables on these many times. 

Yep. He did mine and they came out great - there are pics earlier in the thread that I posted. 

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #5,603 of 7,982
Would anyone by chance know the color coding for the wires on the Mk2 (Left, Right, and Ground)? The jack on mine seems to be faulty, and am hoping to fix it myself. Thanks!

Oct 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #5,604 of 7,982
I bought them and I have some questions:

How I know it's the MK2 and not the GR07 that i've bought?

I have no idea whats the correct position to wear this. How should insert them and how deep? im scared to damage my ears (first IEM ive ever used). Are they supossed to just be inside put not pushed inside the actual canal? I dont know if im making sense... because I dont want to push that thing inside my ear.

I also have a problem with the jack... I need this to fit in inside the NI AK1, but I can't use the one that my DT770 came with because it's not one of these:

The one I have is like screwed in, not inserted, and the plastic thing on here cannot be used with it because it's too small so it's a bit loose. It emits sound but im not sure if there isn't any problem with it (anyone that owns a DT770 may know what im talking about)

Can anyone take some pics in how to wear them? ive seem some but I just dont get it. And I need to know how to wear them with the tangle thing, so far it's too much of a pain in the ass to properly fit them. I hope I dont regret buying this..

They sound really bad, there is absolutely no bass and it just sounds like some cheap Sony earbuds. I guess im doing something wrong.

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #5,607 of 7,982
If you google GR07, the first picture is of them fitted in an ear.  You want the cable strain relief to point forward and then wrap around the back of your ear.  If there is no bass, then you have no seal.  This will be the case with any IEM you buy - it's imperative to get them fitted properly for the best response.  If they are just sitting on the outside of your ear, they will not only sound terrible but fall out.  These are non-deep insertion tips, so there is no risk of damaging your ears.  In order to use them with your NI AK1 you'll need an adapter like the one in your picture above, they can be found on Amazon or Ebay.  Try searching for 1/4" to 1/8" Adapter or TRS adapter.  With a proper seal, these have the best bass of any non-deep insertion IEM I've heard to date apart from Sony's former flagship EX1000.  If you are a one who enjoys 'quality' bass, the kind that is well textured, extended and doesn't ruin any other aspects of the FR, then yes...they are about as 'basshead' as you can get in an IEM.  If you only want bass, then yes...you'd have to look elsewhere.  No monitor-type headphone is going to have out of control, forward bass.  You'll likely know when you have a good fit, and after that just give them a week...you are entirely used to the DT770's signature so you need to let your ears adjust to the GR07.  Also as you may have read, these require some burn-in to tame the treble if that becomes a problem for you.  I believe 75+ hours is recommended.

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #5,608 of 7,982
Hi, I also bought some MKII and I have similar complaints. For some reason one of my ear canals is just unable to properly fit in. Im also experiencing some sort of nauseating feeling due the vacuum-like sensation you get by inserting stuff inside your ear. I have not tried with the other pads because im afraid it will be worthless due what I just described, and I want to have it as new as possible if I sell it. I was imagining something extremely comfortable that you could barely feel but it's not what I expected. Unfortunately I think IEMs are not for me and im back to headphones.

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #5,610 of 7,982
  gr07 with a smooth sound signature not basshead not basshead it's monitor sound.

Holy crap, man. Your post are like a broken record. No one said they were basshead. Headphones can have decent bass without being called "basshead." Nothing and no one are 100% reliable so opinions will vary. But I think the consensus is that these have decent bass. I don't find them lacking at all. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back