VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #5,566 of 7,982
As long as one is open is fine. So block the front vent, it's ok, also try to black and do a needle hole, rules out the need for a BE version

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #5,571 of 7,982
Finally got around to taking a few pics of the GR07s as recabled by BTG-Audio. Brian's work is first-rate.

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #5,573 of 7,982
I noticed that the silver housing that holds the ear buds on my GR07's was bent downward toward the smaller angle made between the plastic housing.  I promptly bent it back with a bit of force.  Has this happened to anyone and do I risk the silver part shearing off if I have to bend it again the future?  I'm worried about this and I don't know what kind of warranty VSonic has in regards to this issue.  I have never stepped on them so it's quite baffling why this happened.

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #5,574 of 7,982
  I noticed that the silver housing that holds the ear buds on my GR07's was bent downward toward the smaller angle made between the plastic housing.  I promptly bent it back with a bit of force.  Has this happened to anyone and do I risk the silver part shearing off if I have to bend it again the future?  I'm worried about this and I don't know what kind of warranty VSonic has in regards to this issue.  I have never stepped on them so it's quite baffling why this happened.

they ARE supposed to move. there's a joint there. the reason for that is to achieve better fit via matching the angle of your ear canal
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #5,576 of 7,982
Yea, pretty neat feature. I'm really digging these things. I thought I met my match with the RE400, but I'm thinking I like the GR07 more. Definitely a more spacious presentation, but still impactful. And the frequency range is right up my alley. 

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #5,577 of 7,982
  Yea, pretty neat feature. I'm really digging these things. I thought I met my match with the RE400, but I'm thinking I like the GR07 more. Definitely a more spacious presentation, but still impactful. And the frequency range is right up my alley. 

I think they are on a relatively level playing field, each doing many things well and some things better than the other.  I moved from the GR07 to the RE-400 but I definitely miss the Vsonics from time to time...so tempting but it's not in the budget at the moment.  Glad you're enjoying them!

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #5,578 of 7,982
I've gone through a bunch of IEMs including EX-1000, RE-600, W4, Shure 5xx, UE 900,  and I'll grant that some may even be technically superior to the GR07.  I still always come back to the VSonics.  Nothing seems to satisfy me like GR07 mk1

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #5,579 of 7,982

they ARE supposed to move. there's a joint there. the reason for that is to achieve better fit via matching the angle of your ear canal
biggrin.gif

This makes sense as it definitely feels smooth when moving the housing.  For the longest time, my comply tips kept falling off because the angle was small enough to not let the tip fit over one half of the housing.  Now it's been fixed and I have no worries about breaking them.  Awesome!

Sep 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #5,580 of 7,982

I think they are on a relatively level playing field, each doing many things well and some things better than the other.  I moved from the GR07 to the RE-400 but I definitely miss the Vsonics from time to time...so tempting but it's not in the budget at the moment.  Glad you're enjoying them!

Thanks. The RE400 is great too, don't get me wrong. But I think the GR07 is the closest to my ideal presentation that I've gotten so far out of an IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back