VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #4,096 of 7,982
Quote:
Amazing. Watch in 720p, and wait for it to kick you @ 1:49

pretty good and relaxing... :) will definitely look them up in iTunes..

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #4,097 of 7,982
Do these have any problems I should know about? As I have to order from lendmeurears or eBay warranty would be a complete hassle. I was between these and Yamaha but those seem to have problems with condensation or wet ears(I'm unsure about my ears, but there's definitely a big difference between inside and outside all the time, from 20+C to less than 10). I read that they go well with metal and rock, just overall praise for the sound of these. So many people can't be lying after all.

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #4,098 of 7,982
Received a bag today from the courier that contains a cardboard box which in turn, carries two more small boxes, an apology letter and a set of receipts, and two pages of newspaper as stuffing.
Here's what inside the box:

Some quick impressions:
I personally hate earphones that are full of bass (hated the FXT90, IE8, Atrio M8 with a passion), and basically was having buyer's remorse (especially with the delays of the product) after ordering this "bass version". But surprisingly, the earphones weren't bass-bloated, and were tolerable. (for reference, within the IEMs that I've heard before, the bassiest ones that I could tolerate were the SE215 and EPH100, so I reckon the bass of these should be equal or less to the bass of the SE215 and EPH100, but it's been months since I heard those, so not sure)

Having only heard these for around 30 minutes, so no conclusions yet, but IMO the soundstage seems smaller than the vanilla GR07, but I'm not exactly sure, since I don't own the vanilla GR07, and only heard it once several months ago at Jaben.

I did find the candy cane-esque cable (copper+silver multi-strand cable?) a bit awkward looking aesthetically, and the typo "cooper" (copper) on the box a bit annoying, but perhaps that's just me nitpicking.

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #4,099 of 7,982
ericlaw02, VSONIC kept their word on the shipping date this time after all! You need to take some more pictures for us of the IEMs outside the box, and specially of that new cable! It looks awkward indeed! A picture of the plug and Y-split would also be nice! 
cool.gif

As in all other GR07 models, you need to give them some burn-in time for them to perform at their best. At least 100 hours (on mine it was 150~200), so save your conclusions to when you get to that mark! But keep us posted on these, please! I'm very very curious about them... 
beerchug.gif

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #4,100 of 7,982
The cable looks like there's red streaks through it from here! :devil_face: Can't wait for more impressions and the cooper cabling!

Sep 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #4,101 of 7,982
Delivering, bunch of extra pictures:

Detail of body, still in foam cushing in box: 

Bag-o-goodies:

(If you're interested, the chinese text on the paper says:

"Earphone Accessory List
1. Black, standard S. M. L sized sillicone eartips.
2. Black, standard biflange sillicone eartips.
3. Dual-colour, mixed sillicone eartips with seven sizes (red: SS, blue: ML, cyan: L, purple: LL), each eartip interior has the size labeled.
4. Dual color, noise isolating eartips (blue: ML, cyan: L  purple: LL).
5. Memory foam.
6. High quality leather storage bag.
7. Earguides.
8. Earphone clip.

Note: Each earphone types' equipped accessories are different, please refer to the contents inside the box for accuracy."

Not sure if the accessories are same as the vanilla GR07?)

Y-split/"cooper" cable detail:

L-shaped plug:

IEM outside of box:

Probably wouldn't add more subjective listening impressions until I have more free time/honeymoon period is over/bunch of burn in though.

Sep 28, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #4,103 of 7,982
Not sure, but all I know is it looks like candy cane, and the box does say "1.30m +/- 3% TPU cable, maximum 82 cores silver and cooper combo wire" [sic], hence my guess it's copper/silver tangled together.
The red portion of the tangled wire does look a bit more red than normal copper to me though, and I suppose the internal wire should be insulated as well, so I guess the red/white color might just be from the insulator coating.

Sep 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #4,104 of 7,982
@~ericlaw02

If you have time you really should make a dedicated thread for the bass edition. Just make up a thread and add those pictures and information. If you can do it before this all becomes lost within the pages would be great! I'm sure others will be looking for information in the future.

I like the cable :D I could handle that appreance on my MK2. Vsonic sure make some nice cables for their IEM's!

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #4,107 of 7,982
Hmm, interesting choice of colors. I'm still not sure if it bothers me. In the long run if my mk2's cable turns green then I might prefer the candy look to the grassy one. Also, when I listen to music I don't look at the cable, so I don't think I care enough what the other people think to just pass on this based on looks alone. I'm hoping that we'll soon have an opinion from someone who also has the mk2. Anyway, I'm not in a hurry unless lendmeurears offers a really good price or gives some incentive to the people who already have the vanilla and the mk2. On another note, that cable will look pretty good on my B2.

EDIT: btw, the typo on the box made me remember something like that, so I dug up the g04 flagship's box and yeah, apparently it's also made out of cooper. I guess they're either having issues with the spell check or they created a new chemical element to make their cables lol

Sep 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #4,108 of 7,982
Just because of the cable? Don't tell me you're not even a bit curious to find out how this new model compares to the previous GR07 models, specially you who had all previous 3 models! :p

Three previous models?

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #4,109 of 7,982
Quote:
Three previous models?

There's the first GR07 (usually called GR07 1.0 nowadays) with not so many tips included, I believe it comes with a hard case? Then there's GR07 1.1 with thousands of eartips included with the ear guides and comes with a leather (synthetic?) pouch with metal clamp to. Then the GR07 MK2 with same accessories as 1.1 (I think), but with added silver wires. And the cable outside is more silverish too I think.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #4,110 of 7,982
Can the person that was thinking of sending these off to Brian at BTG-Audio tell me how it has gone?

(after owning the Brainwavz B2) I would like a more transparent and brighter sounding cables, probably like the MK2 (from what i have read). And plus, after having them for a year, the cables look disgusting.

The cables look nothing like it was a year ago and weirdly, after the Y-Split, the left side (top one) still looks quite good while the right one (bottom one) is really green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back