VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #4,081 of 7,982
Does anyone know if there are replacement filters available somewhere? I took mine out to clean because it was absolutely caked with wax and...dropped it on the carpet, lost forever. 

I listened to them without the filter, but noticed that something was different immediately, so I took the filter out of the other side too. The low end is quite a bit lighter without the filter (though retains all of the depth, and perhaps even better texture and definition), and there seems to be a bit more air up top; probably akin to what they would sound like if they were a BA set, haha. They still sound wonderful, but my GR07s are supposed to be my "bassy" set of headphones (considering that my other set is a pair of Audio Technica AD900), and I'm missing that little bit of extra weight and punch. Isolation seems to be effected as well, and not in a good way. 

Some of you might want to see how it sounds if you find the GR07 a bit bassy or lacking air.

*EDIT*

It seems I wasn't getting a proper seal in one ear, which is odd considering I've been using the same silicon flanges without trouble since I got them. There still might be a shade of the changes I described above, however. The isolation issue is perplexing, to say the least. It's not so much an isolation issue as it is a sort of...reverberation of outside noise inside of the housing. It sounds like it's part of the music, like it fits right in the soundstage. It's very odd. That's what it sounds like, anyway, and it's only on one side. Any ideas what could be going on here?

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #4,084 of 7,982
Does anyone know if there are replacement filters available somewhere? I took mine out to clean because it was absolutely caked with wax and...dropped it on the carpet, lost forever. 

I listened to them without the filter, but noticed that something was different immediately, so I took the filter out of the other side too. The low end is quite a bit lighter without the filter (though retains all of the depth, and perhaps even better texture and definition), and there seems to be a bit more air up top; probably akin to what they would sound like if they were a BA set, haha. They still sound wonderful, but my GR07s are supposed to be my "bassy" set of headphones (considering that my other set is a pair of Audio Technica AD900), and I'm missing that little bit of extra weight and punch. Isolation seems to be effected as well, and not in a good way. 

Some of you might want to see how it sounds if you find the GR07 a bit bassy or lacking air.

*EDIT*

It seems I wasn't getting a proper seal in one ear, which is odd considering I've been using the same silicon flanges without trouble since I got them. There still might be a shade of the changes I described above, however. The isolation issue is perplexing, to say the least. It's not so much an isolation issue as it is a sort of...reverberation of outside noise inside of the housing. It sounds like it's part of the music, like it fits right in the soundstage. It's very odd. That's what it sounds like, anyway, and it's only on one side. Any ideas what could be going on here?

that's really weird because I took out both filters out of mine and the amount of bass seems to be about the same and the isolation is the exact same as before XD

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #4,085 of 7,982
Amazing. Watch in 720p, and wait for it to kick you @ 1:49

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #4,086 of 7,982
Hey guys,
It's my first post here. I am looking into buying IEM's and so far the GR07 sounds like the one for me. I read (a few pages back) that there will be a new edition released soon. Should I wait to buy a pair? I was thinking about getting GR07's and a Fiio E17 to rig up to my computer/iphone/etc. But now that I hear rumors about a GR07 Bass Edition, GR08, GR09, Focus 007, etc I am hesitant to buy a pair just yet. Any input?

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #4,087 of 7,982
Quote:
Hey guys,
It's my first post here. I am looking into buying IEM's and so far the GR07 sounds like the one for me. I read (a few pages back) that there will be a new edition released soon. Should I wait to buy a pair? I was thinking about getting GR07's and a Fiio E17 to rig up to my computer/iphone/etc. But now that I hear rumors about a GR07 Bass Edition, GR08, GR09, Focus 007, etc I am hesitant to buy a pair just yet. Any input?

i would saw wait for the new ones and read a couple of reviews before you buy something
i have the gr07 mk1 and fiio e17 for my computer which i absolutely love (especially the eq function of the e17)
perhaps read jokers thread on iems about all the other ones
even though the gr07 are neutral, they arent for everybody, and you should consider if the gr07 are good for the music you listen to

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #4,088 of 7,982
Amazing. Watch in 720p, and wait for it to kick you @ 1:49

I love that artist man, another excellent one for GR07 is Clubroot. Look them up.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nctcPI-_nI [/VIDEO]

Absolutely awesome with GR07 MK2

Sep 26, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #4,090 of 7,982
Quote:
Hey guys,

I'll try to clarify it for you... 

1. The current version of the GR07 "basic" model, the MK2, is in the market for some months now and is the easiest to find. You can still find the older versions of the GR07, the original and MK1.1 models at eBay. There's a new version, the GR07 Bass edition, but for now is only available in China. It should be available soon though Lendmeurears and some eBay sellers based in China;
  2. The GR08 model is scheluded to be released in December, and features a hybrid design with a dynamic driver plus dual BA and a flat removable cable. It's the top-of-the-range model for VSONIC yet, so they'll be much more expensive than the GR07;
  3. The Focus 007 model was announced some months ago by VSONIC's CEO as being the first planar-magnetic IEM, but since then nothing more was said about them. I assume they're currently under developing;
  4. The GR09 model is in fact just a rumour, with no oficial confirmation from VSONIC.

So, right now, your only options are the GR07 models (original, MK1.1 and MK2) and in some weeks time, maybe the GR07 Bass edition too. But no one over here as tested those yet, so their sound perfomance is still a mistery to us...

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #4,091 of 7,982
I have to say the quality of their iems is inversely proportional to the quality of their website - it's in need of a serious facelift.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #4,093 of 7,982
Ah, thanks putente. That was very helpful. Chances are, the GR08 will be out of my price range. But detachable cables do sound nice... I will continue doing some digging on the GR07 Bass Edition and see if I can find anything out. I will post any updates if I find anything out. Chances are I'll get impatient and get the GR07 MKII's.

Also, do you have any links to ordering the GR07 Bass Edition? It is tough to find.. Probably since most the pages are in Chinese.

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #4,094 of 7,982
Quote:
Ah, thanks putente. That was very helpful. Chances are, the GR08 will be out of my price range. But detachable cables do sound nice... I will continue doing some digging on the GR07 Bass Edition and see if I can find anything out. I will post any updates if I find anything out. Chances are I'll get impatient and get the GR07 MKII's.

Also, do you have any links to ordering the GR07 Bass Edition? It is tough to find.. Probably since most the pages are in Chinese.

I posted the link to the only chinese seller who had the GR07 Bass edition on pre-order a couple weeks ago. Skip some pages back and you can find it. But mind that they only sell inside China, so either you live there or you need to have someone there who can order them for you... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back