VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 19, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #4,066 of 7,982
So I finally got mine (after customs shenanigans that cost me extra)

After 6 hours of break in, I like the signature (with some bass eqing but I even do that on my HD650 so go figure) but man they are uncomfortable? First IEM that I ever found uncomfortable which makes me think I am doing it wrong???

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #4,068 of 7,982
Quote:
Yep, they let me down in areas.
biggrin.gif
It's taken a few weeks of experimentation and I prefer GR07. (and others)
You can read why and my final verdict here.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/556569/sony-mdr-ex600-impressions-appreciations-and-cake-not-included/1230#post_8704305
My GR07 MK2 cable has begun turning green too, it's gone a really dark grey colour and is already becoming stiff and less flexible.
I'll grab some pics and compare it to the open box ones I have soon.
redface.gif

Oh no. This doesn't sound good. I thought the cable was a new version and would have been better?

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #4,070 of 7,982
^ ^ ^  LOL! I feel Darth Vader's pain - if his mk2's cable turns green, it won't go well with his outfit.
Anyway, might be climate related - if the humidity is high or if one sweats a lot or something. 

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #4,071 of 7,982
I live in Vietnam most of the time and my cable (MK1) is fine as far as color and pliability are concerned.

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #4,072 of 7,982
I think the change in colouration has something do to with oils from my skin and hands. :devil_face:

And possibly smoking. :ph34r:

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #4,073 of 7,982
Well, I don't sweat much but I do smokey like a chimney, so I hope you're wrong about that, although I don't see how a little bit of smoke can change the color of my cable. It's not like I'm staying all day in my wardrobe sweating, listening to music and smoking

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #4,076 of 7,982
Quote:
So I finally got mine (after customs shenanigans that cost me extra)

After 6 hours of break in, I like the signature (with some bass eqing but I even do that on my HD650 so go figure) but man they are uncomfortable? First IEM that I ever found uncomfortable which makes me think I am doing it wrong???

I find it worrying that you find them uncomfortable as it's a very comfortable IEM, especially due to its articulating nozzles.. How do you wear yours? As it's supposed to be worn over-the-ear. 

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #4,077 of 7,982
Quote:

I find it worrying that you find them uncomfortable as it's a very comfortable IEM, especially due to its articulating nozzles.. How do you wear yours? As it's supposed to be worn over-the-ear. 

Initially I had them normally (i.e. not over the ear, which I find to be a bit awkward to mount) but that does not work because of the cable very well. Over the ear I feel like the squareish back is too big (which is weird, because I always use the biggest tips I can find)... I never had any of these issues with any other IEM (and I tried plenty. JVC FX500 being my recently deceased favorite but also RE0, HippoVB and a couple of others, they were, however, always kind of bullet shaped which seems to be easier to use). Maybe I should also say that I wear glasses which seems to be a bit conflicting with the ear guides (though I never had a problem with glasses and circumaural cans)

Have to say I love the sound stage (even right after using a HD650 it's a nice feel). Uneq'ed I find it a bit bass shy (bass head :) but it responds very nicely even to drastic eq'ing and the cable is indeed spectacular (even coming from the FX500 which has one of the better ones out there).

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #4,079 of 7,982
Quote:

Initially I had them normally (i.e. not over the ear, which I find to be a bit awkward to mount) but that does not work because of the cable very well. Over the ear I feel like the squareish back is too big (which is weird, because I always use the biggest tips I can find)... I never had any of these issues with any other IEM (and I tried plenty. JVC FX500 being my recently deceased favorite but also RE0, HippoVB and a couple of others, they were, however, always kind of bullet shaped which seems to be easier to use). Maybe I should also say that I wear glasses which seems to be a bit conflicting with the ear guides (though I never had a problem with glasses and circumaural cans)

Have to say I love the sound stage (even right after using a HD650 it's a nice feel). Uneq'ed I find it a bit bass shy (bass head :) but it responds very nicely even to drastic eq'ing and the cable is indeed spectacular (even coming from the FX500 which has one of the better ones out there).

I also wore it cable down for a few days, which gave me fit issues. Then I decided to try over the ear, and it worked flawlessly for me after that. It's pretty comfortable. Just wore them for 6 hours in a fligth and they stayed on my ears with no problems.

I also wear eye glasses (Oakley Whisker) and also use the earguides. My glasses actually help secure the earguides more. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back