VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #3,001 of 7,982
Things is every impression is going to be positive, because it's mostly psychological.

Proper burn-in methods are based on myths. Actually I would think that burn-in will always have the same result if it were true, which will make some IEMs sound better, others worse. It doesn't magically tame sibilant IEMs or bassy ones, that's too convenient without basis. 

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #3,003 of 7,982

Quote:
Today, left ear has a 50% lower volume than the right. I am guessing this is due to wax. Help!

I had that happen to mine several months before the rt speaker went out completely.   I had them for 6 months before it went out, getting a new pair under warrantee from Lendmeurears.   Squaretrade here we come.
In terms of burnin, for me it was a no brainer that my GR07's really settled in after 200 hrs, didn't notice changes of burnin with DBA02, huge difference with RE262 and FXT90(was't psychological either)

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #3,004 of 7,982

Quote:
Today, left ear has a 50% lower volume than the right. I am guessing this is due to wax. Help!

Two options: take out the filters but be careful not to break/lose the little bits of metal, then soak them in hydrogen peroxide for a minute or so, or you could just be really careful and dip the tips into a hydrogen peroxide solution and be really really careful not to let it get inside the casing itself.  Not sure how well option 2 would work though, never tried that with these.

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #3,005 of 7,982

Quote:
Two options: take out the filters but be careful not to break/lose the little bits of metal, then soak them in hydrogen peroxide for a minute or so, or you could just be really careful and dip the tips into a hydrogen peroxide solution and be really really careful not to let it get inside the casing itself.  Not sure how well option 2 would work though, never tried that with these.

I'm really lucky that I have so little earwax, it's a joy to use IEM's without clogging them

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #3,006 of 7,982

Quote:
I'm really lucky that I have so little earwax, it's a joy to use IEM's without clogging them

I had my GR07s for the first few months without getting a speck of earwax on the filters, I'm not sure what happened after that...could have just been the different tips I was using.  The tips on the GR07 are really long, so the channel to the filter is long enough that if you pay attention you can dig most of the earwax out before it even reaches it.  Other ones, like the PL50, have the filter barely a millimeter or two away from the tip...

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #3,007 of 7,982

Quote:
I had my GR07s for the first few months without getting a speck of earwax on the filters, I'm not sure what happened after that...could have just been the different tips I was using.  The tips on the GR07 are really long, so the channel to the filter is long enough that if you pay attention you can dig most of the earwax out before it even reaches it.  Other ones, like the PL50, have the filter barely a millimeter or two away from the tip...

Ah... thx for the warning, I'll pay attention to the build up of earwax on the nozzle/tips from now on 

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #3,009 of 7,982

Quote:
Things is every impression is going to be positive, because it's mostly psychological.

Proper burn-in methods are based on myths. Actually I would think that burn-in will always have the same result if it were true, which will make some IEMs sound better, others worse. It doesn't magically tame sibilant IEMs or bassy ones, that's too convenient without basis. 

I agree with this, based on the underlying assumptions.

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #3,010 of 7,982
Damn all your talk of earwax! Never had an issue and checked again this morning - there it is!

How are you supposed to remove the clips out of these? There a little on the small side...

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #3,011 of 7,982
I finally got GR07 today and they are fabulous indeed!!
Not only their sound, but also a fit is super comfortable for me, they are very well built and the sound isn't fatiguing, it seems that I can listen to them for hours forgetting they are on my ears.
As a bass lover my biggest concern was the low frequency - quantity, quality and impact... I didn't expect they are so good in this respect! Not the bass monsters but just behind, with fantastic accuracy and good punch. It also reaches quite deep.
The bad thing about them is that I hadn't bought them earlier. They are just so sweet to my ears!

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #3,012 of 7,982

Quote:
Damn all your talk of earwax! Never had an issue and checked again this morning - there it is!

How are you supposed to remove the clips out of these? There a little on the small side...

I just used a tiny screwdriver...but it still wasn't easy.  You have to be really really careful not to let them fly off somewhere and lose them or just break them.  It isn't even easy getting the filters out once you get the clips out...

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #3,013 of 7,982
Well, after spending about a week and a half with the GR07s, I can safely say that I'm in love, and probably prefer them even over my Magnums (although those win in comfort, and drum/cymbal/guitar presentation).

...now to find a full-size headphone with the same sound signature, instrument separation and level of detail. Hifiman? Hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back