VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #3,016 of 7,982
So ... just how much better ?   That is my question .... The GR07s are so very good, I find myself wondering just how much better something like the JH  13s or 16s can really be for SO much more money ? 

Has anyone heard both that can comment on this ?

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #3,017 of 7,982

Quote:
So ... just how much better ?   That is my question .... The GR07s are so very good, I find myself wondering just how much better something like the JH  13s or 16s can really be for SO much more money ? 

Has anyone heard both that can comment on this ?

Try asking Joker over at his multi-review thread.  He has reviewed the GR07 and the UM Miracles, which I believe are on the same level as the JH13/16.

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #3,018 of 7,982
I have the GR07, with 150 hours burn in now. Its nice and airy, great details but it is also very sibilant to me. Coming from TF10 and ADDIEM, I'm surprised I can't stand the GR07 for prolonged listening. Music without vocals work very well though. And I don't understand how do these play well with every genre. Lady Gaga and LMAO on lossless and I have to pull the earphones out instantly.

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #3,019 of 7,982

Quote:
I have the GR07, with 150 hours burn in now. Its nice and airy, great details but it is also very sibilant to me. Coming from TF10 and ADDIEM, I'm surprised I can't stand the GR07 for prolonged listening. Music without vocals work very well though. And I don't understand how do these play well with every genre. Lady Gaga and LMAO on lossless and I have to pull the earphones out instantly.

Sorry to hear that. I don't hear much sibilance in my pair...maybe I'm used to it. What source are you using? any EQ?

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #3,020 of 7,982
Just the iphone 4. No EQing. Vocals are bearable on low/medium volume listening. Beyond that both male and female vocals are full of sibilance. Could it be the stock tips? I've tried sony hybrids and they're not a good match with the GR07 for me. Or do I need to get used to the "reference monitor" sound sig?

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #3,021 of 7,982

Quote:
Just the iphone 4. No EQing. Vocals are bearable on low/medium volume listening. Beyond that both male and female vocals are full of sibilance. Could it be the stock tips? I've tried sony hybrids and they're not a good match with the GR07 for me. Or do I need to get used to the "reference monitor" sound sig?

I'm using the iPhone 4 too. It could be that the stock tips resonate strangely in your ears. the white hifiman biflanges murdered my ears. Try the Addiem tips and see what happens. i remember liking them, but not too much.

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #3,022 of 7,982
I'm using the iPhone 4 too. It could be that the stock tips resonate strangely in your ears. the white hifiman biflanges murdered my ears. Try the Addiem tips and see what happens. i remember liking them, but not too much.

Threw them apple tips away, was using sony hybrids on the ADDIEM till I got hold of the vsonic tips. I've tried the meelec tips too (single, bi, extra long flanges) and nothing works. meelec tips makes the GR07 veiled overall.

Perhaps I'll sit through the sibilant mids and hope my ears will adjust to it. Odd though, I've demoed the first version GR07 and they sound fine. Infact even better than sony xba-4.

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #3,024 of 7,982

Quote:

Large White Hi-Fiman Biflange!! My Fav Tips for these Phones. Did have to get used to them. I use nothing else now, although, I just ordered some Meelec Tips 

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #3,026 of 7,982
Yeah as mentioned earlier, the seal or the seating of these phones can be tricky. When I first got them, I thought I had a decent seal, until I pressed the top corner into my ear a little. (Not the canal, but just above) I noticed, Ahhh these are what they are suppose to sound like. Went on an pretty detailed tip experimentation, between Jays, Hybrids, Phonacs (excellent btw). There is no doubt once I got used to the HI-Fiman double flange, I got the greatest sound, with a great tone, without a hint of siblance. As also mentioned above, these are not for everyone, as they can take some getting used to.

The extra work that I had to put into these, has been worth it, and kinda fun, as the end result is astounding!!

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #3,029 of 7,982

Quote:
Quote:
VSONIC has still not responded to me about replacing the small metal clip that holds the mesh in.

I don't think they will, they aren't very good at responding to such inquiries.  Might want to contact the people you bought them from and see what they can do.

I sent them 2 messages about their upcoming GR08, one in english and another I translated to Chinese.  No response.   Funny company, they do not either check their messages or don't care.   Also, I read that headfi members in the past were great promoters of Vsonic,  yet they have no rep on the site.   One would think they would have some sort of friendly and responsive customer service.  Clieos told me that he knows the new owner of Vsonic, perhaps someone could see if Clieos could discuss improving their customer service with him.

Quote:

With 250 hrs my siblinance went away except when already mentioned the tracks were poorly recorded.  I use standard tips, source 601/uha4 and studio V.

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #3,030 of 7,982
I contacted Lendmeurears and told them about mine and others frustration over contacting Vsonic and they replied:

"It might be because Vsonic is a Chinese company. They may not be sure what the Western audience are saying as they are not very good in English. In fact when we contact with them, we actually email them in Chinese. But don't worry, there is a distributor who is setting up a company in Singapore called Vsonic Singapore. Those people will be good in English and I am sure they are more than happy to help. Also, you can get them to write in to us, we wouldn't mind helping too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back