VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #2,387 of 7,982

Quote:
Anyone got any experience using the Fiio e11 amp with this iem?

Yep' I thought they paired up pretty well. Some people seem to feel the GR07 are a little bass light (I like them just the way they are personaly) so the bass boost option may be good for those.

I really enjoyed the E11 while I had it - great little amp. I dont think I ever got it past 2.5 on the volume knob with IEM's though.

Great value for money and pair well IMO. Give it a try.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #2,388 of 7,982
Just wanna ask which tips fits you guys the best ? 
Atm i am using the T51/s:flo just thinking what amp will fit the best with this combination ?
I mostly want a little more bass out of this iem, and bring the mids out a bit. 
anyone have any recommendation ?

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #2,389 of 7,982

Quote:
Atm i am using the T51/s:flo just thinking what amp will fit the best with this combination ?

I love/hate your avatar... Stop spreading your HK Golden spirit 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #2,391 of 7,982

Quote:

I use the plastic cores out of the original foam tips with comply T400's over the top. Works pretty well for me.

Never tried the T51 but I use a TTVJ slim with DIYmod and GR07. Good punchy bass and lovely smooth mids.

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #2,392 of 7,982
Sigh... Anyways lets not side-track this thread 
smile.gif

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #2,394 of 7,982

Quote:
Yep' I thought they paired up pretty well. Some people seem to feel the GR07 are a little bass light (I like them just the way they are personaly) so the bass boost option may be good for those.

I really enjoyed the E11 while I had it - great little amp. I dont think I ever got it past 2.5 on the volume knob with IEM's though.

Great value for money and pair well IMO. Give it a try.

Agreed. It's certainly a synergy that works for me.

Quote:

Sony hybrids are excellent, but the stock tips aren't far behind. Jays Silicons work well for many users.

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #2,395 of 7,982

Quote:
Is there anyone who knows how the GR07 compare to the e-Q5 and (especially) PFE-232 SQ-wise? I'm looking for a replacement for my busted ortofons.

There really is no comparison my friend. I really like the GR-07's alot, but the Ortofons are in a whole different league. Separation, air, clarity, etc. The highs on the EQ-5's are absolutely amazing. Bass is more defined. It really isn't a fair comparison. I am in no way however knocking my beloved GR-07's but it's really tough to switch back to them, after a session with the EQ-5's Hope this helps

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #2,396 of 7,982

Quote:
Agreed. It's certainly a synergy that works for me.

Sony hybrids are excellent, but the stock tips aren't far behind. Jays Silicons work well for many users.

X2, but the Jays may bring out the mids just a little more. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #2,399 of 7,982
150 hours is always best as cable also need to be burnt-in and that usually takes about 200 hours. I always give them 200 hours, but at 150 hours you're supposed to notice changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back