VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #6,691 of 7,982
  May be with adjustable nozzles its better.

If the flush design and small housing of the SE215s bothered you, I doubt the GR07 will be much better.

well from personal experience i find the gr07 have a smaller housing making it easier to fit more people 

and +1 to the adjustable nozzle would help greatly

its a steal for a new gr07 (even if its the classic version with less accessories) for $100 or less. for my gr07be i got used ($100) i would honestly (this is after listening to them, so it doesn't make sense) i would've dropped 170 or so on it, just superb. 

but i'll keep that extra cash in my pocket 
beyersmile.png
 at least until i saw the monster turbines and the rest of my collection

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #6,692 of 7,982
I'm selling a pair of practically unused MKII's if anyone is interested. They sound great..but the housing just didn't work for me. 
devil_face.gif

Nov 29, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #6,694 of 7,982
well from personal experience i find the gr07 have a smaller housing making it easier to fit more people 

and +1 to the adjustable nozzle would help greatly

its a steal for a new gr07 (even if its the classic version with less accessories) for $100 or less. for my gr07be i got used ($100) i would honestly (this is after listening to them, so it doesn't make sense) i would've dropped 170 or so on it, just superb. 

but i'll keep that extra cash in my pocket :beyersmile:  at least until i saw the monster turbines and the rest of my collection
Agreed. The gr07s were much better in term of comfort. I didn't even have to use the earhooks

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #6,695 of 7,982
The curent price of 61€(classic version) makes me almost pull the trigger. I had a vsd1s 2 Years ago and found it a bit too sibilance. But on the other hand i heard too many good things about the gr07 :D.Any good reasons to buy it ? My current fav iems are ue900,havi b3 pro 1 and my cosmic ears ba2 ciem. They all are really quite smooth sounding and got about zero sibilance. So do you guys think i should grab it or leave it :wink: ?

Nov 29, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #6,696 of 7,982
The curent price of 61€(classic version) makes me almost pull the trigger. I had a vsd1s 2 Years ago and found it a bit too sibilance. But on the other hand i heard too many good things about the gr07
biggrin.gif
.Any good reasons to buy it ? My current fav iems are ue900,havi b3 pro 1 and my cosmic ears ba2 ciem. They all are really quite smooth sounding and got about zero sibilance. So do you guys think i should grab it or leave it
wink.gif
?

Well, I have the Havi B3 pro 1, and the GR07 bests it in pretty much all categories to my ears. The Havi has a bigger apparent soundstage, but others have commented that it sounds a bit like a pseudo-stereo effect, which I agree with, as if it is caused by small differences between the left and right earphone and how they render the sound, causing more of the sound to be unique to the left and right ears, causing that separation. The GR07 to me actually feels alot wider, where the Havis tends to center the sound field, and adding some odd, but not unpleasant, air around the sides (I've played around a lot with stereo widening, acoustic effects and delays with music production and the Havis remind me of a cross-feed effect).

As for sibilance, it's one of those things you can get used to (I did, used to hate too much energy in the 5-6K range, not not bothered by it at all). Different ear tips will also do their part to restrain the GR07s (like using narrow-bore tips will compress the dynamic range, causing it to be closer to the Havis. However the GR07s can also be extremely dynamic with other tips (my personal choice, LOVE that vivid dynamic range), something you can't coax out of the Havis in my experience, regardless of tip choice they are quite low-dynamic and more like a surface of sound that doesn't jump out at you as much). Also the Havi in my experience can have some slight 8K-10K-ish sibilance with some material, so the GR07 with the right tips can be limited to be quite similar I'd say.

Imagine the Havis with alot less distortion (the GR07 are some of the cleanest-sounding phones I've heard), alot more natural and wide dynamic range and transient response, a more natural, breathable lower range and bass, a more relaxed EQ curve with less midrange emphasis, and a more natural sound stage (with the right tips, tip choice for the GR07 can make a huge difference in how deep the stage feels, some like the Sony Hybrid tips will focus attention on the transients and obscuring subtle room sounds, other tips will create an extremely open, big room, I could give you some recommendations if you decide to pull the trigger).

The Havis are good for their price. The GR07s are stunning for their price. Listening to them back to back now, the Havis quickly get a bit straining to listen to, while the GR07 can be more open, relaxed, yet also detailed and effortless and transparent.

It's hard to explain with words of course. All the comparisons in the world probably won't illustrate it. For $60 the GR07s are very appealing. Let's say in my opinion they really are worth their original $150+ price point.

Nov 29, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #6,697 of 7,982
Are the BE's worth the extra over the CE's? In terms of bass would the BE or CE's be closer to the VSD3? I've tried the VSD3 and liked it, haven't got the chance to try the any GR07s however. :frowning2:

Nov 29, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #6,699 of 7,982
Are the BE's worth the extra over the CE's? In terms of bass would the BE or CE's be closer to the VSD3? I've tried the VSD3 and liked it, haven't got the chance to try the any GR07s however.
frown.gif

Looking at graphs at Innerfidelity:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VSonicVSD35.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VSonicGR07Classic.pdf

It's pretty much identical. In fact all measurements are almost identical, just a slight advantage in Impulse and Distortion figures for the GR07. So FR looks to be very close for the GR07 Classic from these measurements.

EDIT: To expand slightly, The GR07s can be anything from bass light to very bass solid with various tips. I have a few tips that fit rather loosely around the barrel of the GR07, and they don't hold pressure well, which means they can be used to essentially reduce the bass level slightly. Or some tips will focus and hold the bass pressure well, and can provide really satisfying deep, low bass, still controlled and well-proportioned.

Ordered. Thx @Airlight, will report if they top my havis.

Cool, hope you like them. Worst case they might make a very, very nice christmas present. :wink:
Let me know if you should have any particular feelings about their sound once you break them in and I'll be happy to try and  give some tips of what I've found in trying various eartips for hours and hours. Might save you some work atleast.

Nov 29, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #6,700 of 7,982
Looking at graphs at Innerfidelity:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VSonicVSD35.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VSonicGR07Classic.pdf

It's pretty much identical. In fact all measurements are almost identical, just a slight advantage in Impulse and Distortion figures for the GR07. So FR looks to be very close for the GR07 Classic from these measurements.

EDIT: To expand slightly, The GR07s can be anything from bass light to very bass solid with various tips. I have a few tips that fit rather loosely around the barrel of the GR07, and they don't hold pressure well, which means they can be used to essentially reduce the bass level slightly. Or some tips will focus and hold the bass pressure well, and can provide really satisfying deep, low bass, still controlled and well-proportioned.

Thanks for your input! Now I'm starting to doubt if I should pay almost twice as much for the GR07 compared to the VSD3. Maybe I'll jump for the BE to make the difference more worthwhile. Wouldn't mind a bit more bass :p

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #6,701 of 7,982
I'm digging these MKIIs so far. Have had some discomfort but nothing serious, and if I just rotate the IEM a little this way or that, that problem will probably be solved. I'm digging the bass on 'em; they've got a little more heft than what I expected. Nice attack/decay, texture and all that. Probably in line with the EX1000/600 regarding bass quantity. Nicely detailed with good separation. Also, not having any trouble keeping the cable behind my ears at all. Probably my biggest issue is it takes me a moment to take them out. Good problem to have.
etysmile.gif

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #6,702 of 7,982
Read before that VSD3S has similar bass or even more bass than the BE...

Is this your opinion too?

I have VSD3S and think it's a very complete IEM for it's price. Have a lot of curiosity about GR07 though...Haven't pull the trigger yet because I also have Altone 200 and don't know...Just didn't think i could benefit much from GR07 in my collection...Till now.

BTW, I use VSD3S with FiiO E6 and believe it improves overall sound definition and clarity. Specially at treble. I have the naive belief this combo is not that far from GR07 overall, except for GR07 neutral tonality and timbre. That's E6 non EQ base effect, and I don't like it with Altone or Havi B3 Pro I.

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #6,704 of 7,982
I posted the below in the GR07BE thread, but it probably should have been posted here. So here goes as well...

I'm having a moment of weakness and considering getting the GR07 CLASSICs from lendmeurears for $76.70US.

I owned the BE's for a few months and I never could get a good seal, which resulted in a rather 2 dimensional, thin type of  sound, plus some sibilance in the higher dimensions that occasionally gave me grief. So I sold them.

But that was a while ago. I am more mature and sophisticated now lol, and I have more spare tips lying around to try, and the price of these classics are something that I'm willing to spend.

So, should I do it? I think the sale is only on for the rest of the evening, so please speak your minds!

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #6,705 of 7,982
  I posted the below in the GR07BE thread, but it probably should have been posted here. So here goes as well...

I'm having a moment of weakness and considering getting the GR07 CLASSICs from lendmeurears for $76.70US.

I owned the BE's for a few months and I never could get a good seal, which resulted in a rather 2 dimensional, thin type of  sound, plus some sibilance in the higher dimensions that occasionally gave me grief. So I sold them.

But that was a while ago. I am more mature and sophisticated now lol, and I have more spare tips lying around to try, and the price of these classics are something that I'm willing to spend.

So, should I do it? I think the sale is only on for the rest of the evening, so please speak your minds!

^
ehhh if it don't fit you must quit!!! No sense in torturing yourself with it again. Plus YOU GOTS TO LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE HERE!!!

THE VSD5 will be upon us soon, plus the new incoming Havi B6 variants meng. Save the $80 for the latest new hype cuz you can always get these gr07s for around this price nowadays.

IF IT WAS THE GR07 BE (Bass Edition) for this price i would be all over it as well, but the classics are normally only $100 so can be had on the sales forums for this "sales" price normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back