VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 14, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #6,661 of 7,982
Can you help me out choose between gr07 classic and vc1000? Which one is more detailed/analytical and clear sounding?
I already have my bassy, fun/musical iem yamaha eph 100 which will be used for on the go, and now I'm looking for the most detailed/analytical iem under $150 for my critical listening at home with my collection of jazz, classical music and mainly acoustic music containing female vocals.

Nov 14, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #6,662 of 7,982
Can you help me out choose between gr07 classic and vc1000? Which one is more detailed/analytical and clear sounding?
I already have my bassy, fun/musical iem yamaha eph 100 which will be used for on the go, and now I'm looking for the most detailed/analytical iem under $150 for my critical listening at home with my collection of jazz, classical music and mainly acoustic music containing female vocals.
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

VC1000 is the more analytical of the two, It's a good IEM indeed.

If you want true analytical then Brainwavz B2 is a good option, Rockit R-50 is also worth researching.

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #6,663 of 7,982

VC1000 is the more analytical of the two, It's a good IEM indeed.

If you want true analytical then Brainwavz B2 is a good option, Rockit R-50 is also worth researching.

I am even happy with lowly vc02..............these are very accurate and sound like a costly pair of iem's and have punchier/thicker bass than gr07 but of course nowhere as good

Nov 16, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #6,664 of 7,982
directly from lmue

As for the GR07 price drop issue, the GR07 classic is actually slightly different from the GR07 Mk2 that you have purchased as the GR07 mk2 is more forward sounding. Moreover, there are lot more accessories in the GR07 mk2 box than the GR07 bass.

Nov 16, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #6,665 of 7,982
directly from lmue

[COLOR=FF0000]As for the GR07 price drop issue, the GR07 classic is actually slightly different from the GR07 Mk2 that you have purchased as the GR07 mk2 is more forward sounding. Moreover, there are lot more accessories in the GR07 mk2 box than the GR07 bass.[/COLOR]

hmm.....price drop " issue " and lot more accessories in mkii than be.....ce that.

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #6,667 of 7,982
hmm.....price drop " issue " and lot more accessories in mkii than be.....ce that.

About "issue", well I think what they meant is "on the topic of price drop".... Typical word-by-word translation to English...

When do you think they're going to realease mk3? This time it must have better build quality

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #6,668 of 7,982
About "issue", well I think what they meant is "on the topic of price drop".... Typical word-by-word translation to English...

When do you think they're going to realease mk3? This time it must have better build quality

vsd5 to replace gr07,so CE is the last iteration of gr07,as of now.....lets hope there will be no build issues. :D

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #6,670 of 7,982
vsd5 to replace gr07,so CE is the last iteration of gr07,as of now.....lets hope there will be no build issues.
biggrin.gif

That's like a new line totally. Have you tried VSD5? I tried VSD3S and they certainly has that "wow factor" to the sound. But they look really cheap though.

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #6,671 of 7,982
  What's wrong with the build quality of the most recent version of the GR07?

Gr07 breaks too often. In this thread I've seen a lot of opinions but from my personal experiences I will say you have to be very careful while using them.

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #6,672 of 7,982
That's like a new line totally. Have you tried VSD5? I tried VSD3S and they certainly has that "wow factor" to the sound. But they look really cheap though.

vsd5 not yet launched and expected anytine dec/jan'15...but may be delayed.....well,for around $36--$46,for the base blk version,it sounded excellent for its price and removable/detachable cable....build is not that worst either but feels very light and apart from the house ofvsonic sound-sibilance,there is really nothing toicomplain....very very few had some connector issues but they have been given replacements by respective dealers and now a permanent cable version is out there with$4 extra to the original vsd3S price.....and it dont need any hype for its real extended bass,soft bit recessed mids,nice clarity,soundstage,instrument seperation.......still its a king for its price. :D

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #6,674 of 7,982
vsd5 not yet launched and expected anytine dec/jan'15...but may be delayed.....well,for around $36--$46,for the base blk version,it sounded excellent for its price and removable/detachable cable....build is not that worst either but feels very light and apart from the house ofvsonic sound-sibilance,there is really nothing toicomplain....very very few had some connector issues but they have been given replacements by respective dealers and now a permanent cable version is out there with$4 extra to the original vsd3S price.....and it dont need any hype for its real extended bass,soft bit recessed mids,nice clarity,soundstage,instrument seperation.......still its a king for its price. :D

Well I feel the vsd3 are too plasticky and the clear housing dont improve things much either. But then for the price I'd recommend them to anyone. Just that build quality again...

Now let me be very clear that I consider myself a fan of the gr07, after all they were to me the first IEMs that could play Rock and Metal properly. But having gone through 3 pairs of those (mk1, BE then mk2), I cannot praise that build quality. They break too easily. Even my cx300, sucky as they sound, have not broken. I don't have a problem with the plastic wearing out or the cables changing colors over time. But it was painful when they break.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #6,675 of 7,982
Well I feel the vsd3 are too plasticky and the clear housing dont improve things much either. But then for the price I'd recommend them to anyone. Just that build quality again...

Now let me be very clear that I consider myself a fan of the gr07, after all they were to me the first IEMs that could play Rock and Metal properly. But having gone through 3 pairs of those (mk1, BE then mk2), I cannot praise that build quality. They break too easily. Even my cx300, sucky as they sound, have not broken. I don't have a problem with the plastic wearing out or the cables changing colors over time. But it was painful when they break.

ok....yeah I read yesterday that you handle them good.....but so its not the 3.5mm jack or the cable at any point nor the shells bit the dust,but it just the drivers bit the dust?on all the 3 gr07 iterations you had?....is my understanding correct? Thats very very annoying all the 3 died on similar fashion......agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back