Vsonic GR-07 = WOW
Feb 5, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #63 of 88
Thats the YAMAHA EPH-100 departement
wink_face.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #66 of 88
The EPH works for more much more genres than EDM. Personally I think that they make the GR-07 sound lifeless (when I A/B them), but after some aclimatization time (couple minutes), the GR-07 starts to sound very good again.

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #67 of 88
eke2k6, exactly, my music is almost 95% acoustic (Rock, Blues, Jazz, Soul), so since I never listen to EDM or any kind of electro-music I think that Yamaha has not a clear advantage for my tastes.

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #68 of 88
On that case I think I would go for the GR-07's. You might find the EPH's bass to be a bit strong for those genres.

Feb 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #69 of 88

Quote:
eke2k6, exactly, my music is almost 95% acoustic (Rock, Blues, Jazz, Soul), so since I never listen to EDM or any kind of electro-music I think that Yamaha has not a clear advantage for my tastes.

Not even the bass miow. The GR07 will blow your mind for those genres. You'll hear drums and cymbals like never before. I think the GR07 does a great job of conveying the "soul" of those genres. What the EPH does do better is kickdrums. You feel the vibration in your chest as if YOU were stomping on that pedal. It's really something special.

May 18, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #73 of 88
Anyone can share any experience with Yuin OK1 vs. GR07? I have one for sale which now I'm thinking of trading with the Vsonic if it's worth it. Btw, I will be pairing it with a J3. Thanks.

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #74 of 88
hey Guys , i have a pair of HF5 which satisfy me well , nice analytical sound with extreme isolation , some times i use the olives tips.the only problem is that sometimes i would like to the lows to sound with the same punchy-ness and definition that they are ,but more present ,a little more present;it would be perfect for my needs.
i have been reading about the GR07 being a great bang for the buck.does someone could tell me how it compares against the HF5 in the bass area and how well is it`s performance  
in isolating ,even with the ety`s  triflanges and/or the olives.Thank you in advance
Salute

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #75 of 88
Quote:
hey Guys , i have a pair of HF5 which satisfy me well , nice analytical sound with extreme isolation , some times i use the olives tips.the only problem is that sometimes i would like to the lows to sound with the same punchy-ness and definition that they are ,but more present ,a little more present;it would be perfect for my needs.
i have been reading about the GR07 being a great bang for the buck.does someone could tell me how it compares against the HF5 in the bass area and how well is it`s performance  
in isolating ,even with the ety`s  triflanges and/or the olives.Thank you in advance
Salute

The GR07s definitely have more bass, while not coming up short quality-wise.

Isolation is a below the Ety's, but that's no surprise as high isolation is one of the traits of Etys.

If the Etys isolation is 4.5, I would say the GR07s would land near 3.5, perhaps a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back