Vsonic GR-07 = WOW
Jan 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #16 of 88

Quote:
No treble spikes at all to my ears. And I'm sensitive to that.

Guess this is not for me then. I love tight bass, sparkly treble and clear mids.

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #18 of 88
"The DBA-02 are junk compared to this ; )-  " you may want to bite your tongue on that, there are many members who have been around a lot longer than you who would actually "bite" your head off or laugh at you for that comment.   Besides, you do realize there is a GR07 appreciation thread, how come you didn't post there instead of starting your own?   Is your opinion and judgement really better and more important than those who subscribe to that thread?   Also, many members wouldn't try to stretch their tips for fit, they would just find another.

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #19 of 88

Quote:
Thank you for your review
Are you using an amp or just a Clip+ ?

You're welcome. Just the Clip+

@psygeist, the GR-07's are just that. Tight bass, sparkly treble and clear mids.

@soundbear, I don't know why are you posting here then. This is my review, why post a review on the appreciation thread? And yes, the DBA-02 are JUNK compared to the GR-07's and YOU know that ; )

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #20 of 88
Glad you are enjoying your GR07 @Miow. I think they are wonderful too! I have about 230 hours on these and they seem to be getting better. I`m using Sony hybrids which work really well. ( I wonder what the Complys would be like?
Anyway, I've got IE8s and even though it's got a huge soundstage, I like the quality of sound more, of the GR07!

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #21 of 88
Hi sunset754. Yes, they are  better than the IE8's, other league. :) This is a more refined IEM, although treble is not as realistic as the triple drivers (SM3/UM3X). Its the only downside, but I wouldn't ask for miracles at this price range. They would be the perfect IEM if they had that treble (and a bit more bass) and theres no perfect IEM. Anyways, they do compete with the triple drivers and there are things where they are better. But they also don't have the instrument separation and the 3D imaging of the triple drivers. They sound more 2D. Anyways and as I said before, I prefer them to the daaaark SM3's and I think this is a good thing for people on a budget looking for the best ratio sound quality/price.

EDIT: as burn-in progresses and they start to open up, I start to feel that the UM3X are a bit darker, such is the clarity and definition of the GR-07's. Vocals are definitely better (by a small margin though). I love the timber of the Vsonics and the fact that they don't suffer of that mid-bass hump. I just prefer the instrument separation and 3D spacialization of the UM3X (as well as treble). GR-07's are way 2D.

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #22 of 88
I have this wonderful earphone too and the sound did improved after some listening time
so i decided to accept my friend challenge to compare with his Sony exk .

Just 15 seconds . he remove gr07 from his ear and says they are just of different level .
Are the differences that great ?

who did i improve the gr07 sound further ?

thanks

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #23 of 88
Hi my friend. What do you mean? Did he prefer the Sony EX? Or the opposite? And what do you mean by "who did i improve the gr07 sound further ?"

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #24 of 88
I'm glad you like your GR07's. I really am enamoured with them myself. In terms of an easy listen, I still find the SM3 to be a bit less fatiguing and overall offer a better micro-detail and instrument separation. However compared to the SM3's the GR07 does everything with a lot less congestion and a lot more clarity. I wouldn't say one is necessarily better than the other, because when I spend a long enough time with one the other ends up sounding pretty sweet as a contrast.

Have you tried amping them?

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #25 of 88
Hi a_recording. No, I haven't tried amping them. I agree with you that the GR-07's can be a bit fatiguing, but the overall experience is so good (especially vocals and strings), that I don't mind taking them out from my ears every hour or so. But they can be very addicting and they are growing on me every day that passes. Can't wait to try out more IEMs from Vsonic.

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #26 of 88

Quote:
Hi a_recording. No, I haven't tried amping them. I agree with you that the GR-07's can be a bit fatiguing, but the overall experience is so good (especially vocals and strings), that I don't mind taking them out from my ears every hour or so. But they can be very addicting and they are growing on me every day that passes. Can't wait to try out more IEMs from Vsonic.

Hey miow, did you check that song out?

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #27 of 88
Yes, I did. Here's a Quote:

Quote:
Hi eke2k6. Will let you know ASAP :)

EDIT: Adeles voice is very similar in this specific song. Great definition and texture and the mid-bass on the UM3X doesn't overpower Adele's voice, so its very natural on both IEMs. They both give the same enjoyable listening experience and immersion on the song. There's not a winner here. UM3X have a bit more bass, but I don't like it more because of that. At least on this song. GR-07's bass is sufficient.

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #29 of 88
Limp Bizkit, Massive Attack and Guns N' Roses (Chinese Democracy) is an awesome experience with the Vsonics. Well, almost everything I put on them now. Can't believe I've paid 120 EUROS for this. lol.

EDIT: They have got a tremendous improvement with burn-in. I can say for sure that they now have almost the same instrument separation of the UM3X. A/B'ing them now, they pretty much sound like the same IEM except for the 3D presentation (GR-07 are quite 2D in comparison) and bass quantity (UM3X have just a bit more bass). For half the price its a steal. You just need to burn them in for 200-250 hrs. These phones do open up and everything improves. They provide high-end sound quality for a ridiculous price. If you're a bass-head just look elsewhere (but they provide tight and deep bass for the "normal" listener - I love impactful/tight bass and can live with this bass quantity).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back