Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #886 of 1,486
i agree about the packaging mine were shipped in a box that was literally destroyed when it arrived. luckily the headphones survived but the box looked like someone used it as a step stool. it also had a big hole in the side.

The whole unit passed a stress-test! :D
International shipping sometimes is a real pain ;(

Sep 2, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #888 of 1,486
Mine arrived yesterday. The right earphone jack was slightly loose. Just turned right to tighten. Build quality is hand made rather than manufactured, but feels well crafted.

Update to follow after a few days of use.

Interesting that yours came with "Headphones" decared in the label, mine came with just "Head" and being the right sized box as an actual head, There was some dodgy looks from the Delivery Driver and my Dad when they arrived. Wasn't leaking blood so it passed customs without issue :)

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #889 of 1,486
I received mine 1 month ago, but spend 3 weeks travelling.
I use it with Chord Mojo DAC/amp and I'm extremely happy.
I think this is probably the best value in full size headphones now.
It's very close to the speaker sound.
It can be used with a very reasonable result with Apple lightning adapter.
I bought an Apache pelican case from Harbor Freight for less than $30 and they fit nicely inside.
I bought also Dekoni AKG K series sheepskin pads, recommended.
Unfortunately, they are a little smaller and can't accommodate the metal rings.
The producer told me that he now offers pads as an upgrade.
I am waiting for THX AAA 789 linear amp to be delivered latter (maybe November) to compare it with Mojo, which, of course, is a portable device.
Don't hesitate and buy it.

Sep 2, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #890 of 1,486
I received mine 1 month ago, but spend 3 weeks travelling.
I use it with Chord Mojo DAC/amp and I'm extremely happy.
I think this is probably the best value in full size headphones now.
It's very close to the speaker sound.
It can be used with a very reasonable result with Apple lightning adapter.
I bought an Apache pelican case from Harbor Freight for less than $30 and they fit nicely inside.
I bought also Dekoni AKG K series sheepskin pads, recommended.
Unfortunately, they are a little smaller and can't accommodate the metal rings.
The producer told me that he now offers pads as an upgrade.
I am waiting for THX AAA 789 linear amp to be delivered latter (maybe November) to compare it with Mojo, which, of course, is a portable device.
Don't hesitate and buy it.
Can I ask what model # of Apache case you got that fit the Verums??

Sep 8, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #892 of 1,486
I don't even know... I was going to buy the verum 1's but I had got into it with Roman ,(or somebody that checks his messages) and had to get PayPal to get my money back. I asked about shipping and handling and was told to figure it out on my own and it depends on where I live. I clicked over and rather than seeing something about shipping cost I was charged. I went through the process just to check shipping cost, I didn't have enough so it put me in the negative.I immediately tried to get my money back and was lied to and ignored, that's when I contacted PayPal.

Sep 8, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #894 of 1,486
Well I know that a while back Garuspik had hired someone (among others I think?) to focus on customer service so that he could focus on getting the orders out. Unbeknownst to him this particular person he hired turned out to be something of a bad apple, so maybe that's what happened? I DO know that as soon as he found this out that that person was let go, and that the behavior of said person contrasted MUCHLY with the way he has personally treated me in my limited interaction with him as well as (as far as I can tell) a slew of others.

Having said all that, that still sucks. I would've been none to happy myself if it had happened to me fwiw, for sure

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #896 of 1,486
Interesting that yours came with "Headphones" decared in the label, mine came with just "Head" and being the right sized box as an actual head, There was some dodgy looks from the Delivery Driver and my Dad when they arrived. Wasn't leaking blood so it passed customs without issue :)

I’m due an update here to let people know how the headphones worked out. Will write shortly. The experience has been excellent so far.

By the way, someone mentioned the (fired) customer service rep @Garuspik had at one point. People keep suggesting maybe it was not someone else who went off the rails, etc etc. Look, Garuspik has 50 pages of quick interaction with people on this site alone, plus great response to direct messages. His headphones come with a two year warranty, he has a record of quick and efficient repairs. Verum is a new company and this is the first product, but it is clear the customer care and the sincerity of standing by the product is real. Let’s move on.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #897 of 1,486
I exchanged a couple messages with @Garuspik when I was reviewing the Verum 1. I was actually very surprised other people had a negative experience because he came across as a really nice guy. In any case, my Aeon Flow Open is for sale so I can pick up a Verum 1. It’s a fantastic sounding set of cans. If he comes out with an improved headband, it will be even more of a screaming deal.

Sep 10, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #898 of 1,486
I exchanged a couple messages with @Garuspik when I was reviewing the Verum 1. I was actually very surprised other people had a negative experience because he came across as a really nice guy. In any case, my Aeon Flow Open is for sale so I can pick up a Verum 1. It’s a fantastic sounding set of cans. If he comes out with an improved headband, it will be even more of a screaming deal.

I have had nothing but very good communication with him. Even a little personal conversation about Spain. This is the latest, from today, after sending in my Verum for a problem ... and they are coming back with a set of the new pads. Given that it's a brand new business, that the success probably took him by surprise, and is pretty overwhelmed ... I think he's doing a damn good job. I can only gauge from my own experience. Hopefully everyone is respectful. It goes a loooong way ....

"Hello. Received, fixed and shipped back. Sorry for inconvenience!"

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #899 of 1,486
Anyone owned both Phantom and V1 for brief comparisons ?

Warranty is a year on these right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back