1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by cskippy, Aug 22, 2018.
First

Back
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
61 62 63 64
Next

Last
  1. Garuspik
    The whole unit passed a stress-test! :D
    International shipping sometimes is a real pain ;(

2. muths66
    Anyone here have verum one frequency response to share with???

3. RestlessZombi
    Interesting that yours came with "Headphones" decared in the label, mine came with just "Head" and being the right sized box as an actual head, There was some dodgy looks from the Delivery Driver and my Dad when they arrived. Wasn't leaking blood so it passed customs without issue :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    shanecoughlan likes this.
  4. bakalovb
    I received mine 1 month ago, but spend 3 weeks travelling.
    I use it with Chord Mojo DAC/amp and I'm extremely happy.
    I think this is probably the best value in full size headphones now.
    It's very close to the speaker sound.
    It can be used with a very reasonable result with Apple lightning adapter.
    I bought an Apache pelican case from Harbor Freight for less than $30 and they fit nicely inside.
    I bought also Dekoni AKG K series sheepskin pads, recommended.
    Unfortunately, they are a little smaller and can't accommodate the metal rings.
    The producer told me that he now offers pads as an upgrade.
    I am waiting for THX AAA 789 linear amp to be delivered latter (maybe November) to compare it with Mojo, which, of course, is a portable device.
    Don't hesitate and buy it.

5. allaces305
    Can I ask what model # of Apache case you got that fit the Verums??

6. bakalovb

7. haudaikuwa
    I don't even know... I was going to buy the verum 1's but I had got into it with Roman ,(or somebody that checks his messages) and had to get PayPal to get my money back. I asked about shipping and handling and was told to figure it out on my own and it depends on where I live. I clicked over and rather than seeing something about shipping cost I was charged. I went through the process just to check shipping cost, I didn't have enough so it put me in the negative.I immediately tried to get my money back and was lied to and ignored, that's when I contacted PayPal.

8. fpantalone
    I have been having fast, courteous responses and am very pleased ... especially since english is not the first language for the Verum folks. There's always more than one side to any story. Usually three ... yours, mine, and the truth :wink:

jaco61 likes this.
  9. chrolls
    Well I know that a while back Garuspik had hired someone (among others I think?) to focus on customer service so that he could focus on getting the orders out. Unbeknownst to him this particular person he hired turned out to be something of a bad apple, so maybe that's what happened? I DO know that as soon as he found this out that that person was let go, and that the behavior of said person contrasted MUCHLY with the way he has personally treated me in my limited interaction with him as well as (as far as I can tell) a slew of others.

Having said all that, that still sucks. I would've been none to happy myself if it had happened to me fwiw, for sure

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  10. chrolls
    On a different note, I had heard via another forum that Garuspik was working on a new headband design for the Verum! Would you have any updates on that Garuspik? Thx for any reply!

11. shanecoughlan
    I’m due an update here to let people know how the headphones worked out. Will write shortly. The experience has been excellent so far.

By the way, someone mentioned the (fired) customer service rep @Garuspik had at one point. People keep suggesting maybe it was not someone else who went off the rails, etc etc. Look, Garuspik has 50 pages of quick interaction with people on this site alone, plus great response to direct messages. His headphones come with a two year warranty, he has a record of quick and efficient repairs. Verum is a new company and this is the first product, but it is clear the customer care and the sincerity of standing by the product is real. Let’s move on.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    trellus, chrolls and jaco61 like this.
  12. will f
    I exchanged a couple messages with @Garuspik when I was reviewing the Verum 1. I was actually very surprised other people had a negative experience because he came across as a really nice guy. In any case, my Aeon Flow Open is for sale so I can pick up a Verum 1. It’s a fantastic sounding set of cans. If he comes out with an improved headband, it will be even more of a screaming deal.

13. fpantalone
    I have had nothing but very good communication with him. Even a little personal conversation about Spain. This is the latest, from today, after sending in my Verum for a problem ... and they are coming back with a set of the new pads. Given that it's a brand new business, that the success probably took him by surprise, and is pretty overwhelmed ... I think he's doing a damn good job. I can only gauge from my own experience. Hopefully everyone is respectful. It goes a loooong way ....

"Hello. Received, fixed and shipped back. Sorry for inconvenience!"

14. Lohb
    Anyone owned both Phantom and V1 for brief comparisons ?

Warranty is a year on these right ?

15. Hans-NL
    How long does delivery takes for the lambskin pads? I ordered them 3 weeks ago, and I know there is no tracking nr.

First

Back
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
61 62 63 64
Next

Last