Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #466 of 1,486
On the other side of the coin, I received mine on time, and had no problems whatsoever.The only thing?.Would like to try the perforated pads. I have many different pads, but always gone back to the ones they came with. For me, fantastic value for the money.

May 7, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #467 of 1,486
Anyone found a case that works for the Verum?
The metal frame is way too big to fit in any standard headphone case that I have...

May 7, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #468 of 1,486
Could the DN8Pro XL Editions fit?

May 7, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #469 of 1,486
Could the DN8Pro XL Editions fit?
Looking at photos on Amazon - I doubt the square metal headband frame would fit. The case (like most cases) is designed for headphones with round headband.

I was hoping someone on this thread already found a case that works. I guess one of the Pelican cases could... Would appreciate feedback on that if anyone tried.

May 7, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #470 of 1,486
Hello @Garuspik Will the new batch come with the perforated pads or the old ones? When do you expect to ship the website orders? I don't know if I'm going to be in my address at the time you ship the remaining orders, that's why I've asked you.
Thank you.

May 7, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #472 of 1,486
Hi, has anyone tried these with magni 3? From what I understand, these change quite a bit depending on what is driving them.

Also, I currently have a pair of hifiman he4xx and sony mdr-z7. Has anyone tried both the verums and either of these? I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on these but I don’t know if these would be an upgrade or just a different signature.

May 7, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #474 of 1,486
Hello @Garuspik Will the new batch come with the perforated pads or the old ones?
Leather perforated pads will be an option.

When do you expect to ship the website orders? I don't know if I'm going to be in my address at the time you ship the remaining orders, that's why I've asked you.
Thank you.

I've already started to ship orders made through website. Hope to finish all in this month, maximum middle of next month.

Any chance for 4pin XLR as a cable option?
Don't see a reason to make such cable cause there're so many aftermarket alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 7, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #476 of 1,486
I've already started to ship orders made through website. Hope to finish all in this month, maximum middle of next month.
What about a case? Any plans on making a custom case as an option?
Or can you recommend any off-the-shelf case that fits the Verum?

May 7, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #477 of 1,486
I know there are a lot of aftermarket cables. I think however it still would be nice to have the option when ordering the Verum 1.

Don't feel I can propose some GOOD cable yet. In future - yes.

Or can you recommend any off-the-shelf case that fits the Verum?

Never thought about it :wink: Sorry, no ideas.

May 7, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #478 of 1,486
Hi, has anyone tried these with magni 3? From what I understand, these change quite a bit depending on what is driving them.

Also, I currently have a pair of hifiman he4xx and sony mdr-z7. Has anyone tried both the verums and either of these? I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on these but I don’t know if these would be an upgrade or just a different signature.

I haven't tried the Verums with the Magni 3 nor any of the headphones you listed, however I have tried the Verums with my Magni 2 Uber. The Magni 3 is from what I've read, slightly better than the 2U, not sure how much better but better nonetheless.
I must say, the Verums sounds great. I have no regrets about them, I have some minor issues like the long setup process of moving the screws around, customising the fit and the DIY build style but these are minor issues.
I don't mind listening to them on my phone (Lightning dongle) either, although at a lower volume and without the system EQ I use on the desktop. They sound fine on lesser sources IMO, even on my cheepo bluetooth receiver it sounds good. I wouldn't use them with a tube amp or otherwise high output impedance amplifier though since they're only rated at 8 Ohms.
I do however have an issue with my supplied wire (loose connector) so any impressions of mine should be taken with a grain of salt. I have a Periapt XLR cable and another standard SE cable on the way. As well as an THX AAA 789 that should be shipping late next week, fingers crossed:fingers_crossed::grimacing:. I should be able to confirm these impressions by the time either of the wires arrive at the very least. (Hej förresten:upside_down::flag_se: TRANSLATION: Hi btw)

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #479 of 1,486
Verum is not so efficient that a phone will drive them properly. It takes about the same volume level on my solid-state amp as the 300 ohm Sennheisers. In other words, just because it's around 8 ohms doesn't mean it's easy to drive. The thing about easily driven by an iphone is a misinformation.

Another issue I was facing was couple of tube amps I tried it with failed to drive both channels properly. I had instances of only one channel functioning. So this low impedance doesn't seem to be tube amp friendly.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #480 of 1,486

Never thought about it :wink: Sorry, no ideas.
Just to clarify, as a suggestion for accessory - I am after a case or fitted box for storing the headphones at home. Not for carrying them in my backpack :wink:
I will probably look at those Pelican cases to see if any of them fit (and does not cost more than the Verums...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back