1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by cskippy, Aug 22, 2018.
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last
  1. Phantaminum
    It hasn’t blown up...yet. I will say that the gain on the amp has me at 8 o’clock while the rest of my other headphones sit between 10 and 11. I’ll keep using them together and report back when the planar magnets have fused to my ears.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Zachik and ksb643 like this.
  2. Currawong Contributor
    I just had a pair arrive. Quite good-sounding out of the box, with a sparkly treble, but otherwise quite coherent out of a Lyr 3.

Output power is rather like the top speed on a car -- it doesn't mean you'll be using all of it.

Lower impedance headphones are harder to drive, as they require more current. Higher impedance headphones need more voltage. Current is really what we mean by power. The Verum 1 is specced at 8 Ohms, which is speaker-low, though the sensitivity is high. I haven't tested yet, but the specs suggest that they may not be a good match with portable gear.

I switched to a Moon Audio Silver Dragon (which I had on hand for the Susvaras) and there was a noticeable improvement. The nicest match out of my gear so far has been a Hugo 2 to a THX AAA 789 with that set-up. I've suggested to Garasupik that he include a better, balanced cable with the headphones, as well as using better jacks on them.

trellus and abm0 like this.
  3. CoFire
    Can you post some pics? I'm torn between the silver with carbon and silver with boobinga.

yavormoskov likes this.
  4. Zachik
    Any suggestions for a headphone case that fits the Verum nicely?

5. kintsaki
    In the last Kickstarter update numbered #37, it was stated that all Zebrano units were shipped as of April 26.

I am pledge 565.
    My unit was a silver Zebrano to be shipped to Greece.

10 days later today, I have not yet received my tracking number.

**** Have all tracking numbers been sent out? *****
    if yes. my unit is probably lost.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  6. xRaptorxPunisher
    Rather than post this on an open forum maybe contact Garu privately to find out what's going on?

7. kintsaki
    what do you mean open forum?
    this is the forum for it!
    he does not want every single member asking him in private
    and he would not spend his valuable time to do so.

he keeps up informed as a group
    So either he sent out all the tracking numbers or he is still busy doing so
    I am one of the last few pledges so he may not have sent my the tracking number yet..

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  8. yavormoskov
    Alright guys, my Verum is officially on it's way. Can't wait to hear it. And to compare it with my Sennheiser 660s. Some of you have had them for a while now and probably trying different pads and cables. I know the pads would definitely change the sound but have you found any cable that actually makes the Verums sound even better? I am not talking about the cable quality or appearance, or durability. Just from a sound point of view. If you have opinion on the matter please share it. Thanks.

Alex3221 likes this.
  9. GuddoggEli
    ant
    I, too, ordered the Zebrano and silver, so you and I are both distinguished gentlemen with taste. Verum #37 said nothing about sending tracking numbers, so I suspected I would not receive an email, but at least I knew the Zebranos were sent. Saturday morning, I picked up my package from my Park Hills, Missouri USPS office. I'm guessing delivery in Greece might be a tad later, so I hope your pair arrives soon.

My pair came with a problem. It appears the cups are attached with machined pins that fit into raised pads that are formed into the cup housing. My left cup has a pin not inserted in the raised pad, so the left cup is audibly functional, but not attached to the frame. I don't want to force anything, so I haven't tried to twist or otherwise try fit the pin in the hole of the raised pad. Has anyone else run into this problem? Suggestions? I have only listened for an hour or so. I'll post again later with impressions.

10. Garuspik
    Please send me a photo of the problem through PM.

11. xRaptorxPunisher
    This is a question about the transaction that requires looking into. This thread is for Verum impressions and discussion, it does not need to be flooded with anything other than than that especially something like this. If there's an issue regarding shipping then Garu has an email section on his website.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    fpantalone likes this.
  12. fpantalone
    Anyone tried these with a Mojo ??

13. kintsaki
    No need to bother argue you with this, on a 4-month delayed project!
    There have been numerous posts here on the time schedule and shipping/tracking for this.
    Given the fact that individual member inquires of the sort are not being answered by Verum.

14. xRaptorxPunisher
    His website has a contact section. Use it.

15. yavormoskov
    No, but soon will. Or not so soon....when they arrive in one-two weeks. Will listen to them first on the Burson Fun and after that on the Mojo.

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last