Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Sep 29, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #512 of 662
I got a replacement and damn is it better than before,more controlled treble and slightly more fuller with amazing details and soundstage reproduction :laughing::innocent: .
Thanks bro :sunglasses:

I missed it.. why did you get a replacement?

Sep 29, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #513 of 662
I am with you Lee, at your design bench, tonight, feeling your endless trials to reach the great sound...

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #515 of 662
  Mine are super bright sounding and have almost no bass. Does this mean they're defective?

What source are you using? They prefer a better source, and don't perform well with just a phone or smaller DAP.

I plugged mine into my Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ today just because I have been enjoying it for a change of scene lately. Bass isn't monstrous, and is definitely less emphasized, but they still have that great level of detail, and the bass that is presented is to the point (all business...*serious face*).

Not going to lie, I might be using the Sansa on my next business trip (next week) with the Dukes. I kind of REALLY like what I hear with the volume cranked up to -20db.

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #517 of 662

What source are you using? They prefer a better source, and don't perform well with just a phone or smaller DAP.

I plugged mine into my Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ today just because I have been enjoying it for a change of scene lately. Bass isn't monstrous, and is definitely less emphasized, but they still have that great level of detail, and the bass that is presented is to the point (all business...*serious face*).

Not going to lie, I might be using the Sansa on my next business trip (next week) with the Dukes. I kind of REALLY like what I hear with the volume cranked up to -20db.

So far I've used Geek Out V2, Fiio x1 and ipod touch 4. They sound thin and bright with all these sources. Tried different tips too (even ostry tips) but hardly any difference..

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #518 of 662
So far I've used Geek Out V2, Fiio x1 and ipod touch 4. They sound thin and bright with all these sources. Tried different tips too (even ostry tips) but hardly any difference..

Do you use them with deep insertion?

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #521 of 662

I found them to sound thin with neutral and powerful amps. Though it seems to get good results with the VE RunABOUT amp. Seems to work well with the FiiO E17 as well. Also tips are a major part of the sig you'll be getting. Id suggest the foam tips to dampen the treble and raise the warmth.

Oct 3, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #522 of 662

I found them to sound thin with neutral and powerful amps. Though it seems to get good results with the VE RunABOUT amp. Seems to work well with the FiiO E17 as well. Also tips are a major part of the sig you'll be getting. Id suggest the foam tips to dampen the treble and raise the warmth.

The Havi foam tips work very well for me fwiw. And the stock double flange tips as well :)

Oct 11, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #524 of 662
Man, I missed my delivery of the Ostry tips today. I was going to interrupt listening to other gear I'm reviewing to listen. I'm excited but will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday now 
mad.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #525 of 662

The Havi foam tips work very well for me fwiw. And the stock double flange tips as well :)

I gave those foam tips away. They didn't fit my ears properly. But I use the memory foam tips that come with the Dukes and they are probably the best tips I've had so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back