1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM

First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Next

Last
  1. RedJohn456

No worries chief, it was very well done. Meng, the camera on my phone stinks so bad, given that I thought the review photos were taken on an SLR (the G3 looks like it has a sick camera, and its also whose operating the camera as much as the camera itself :p)

2. Hisoundfi Contributor
    The G3 camera takes some really good close ups. I thought I would be taking a step backwards going from a Sony phone to an LG. That wasn't the case fortunately.

3. ozkan

You'd better avoid using flash on close ups and if possible for all pictures as it overly lightens the objects. [​IMG] 

4. nmatheis Contributor

Unless it's a softbox :wink:

Better yet a DIY light tent :)

5. yacobx

How did the sound with the comply tips?

6. Hisoundfi Contributor
    It does help tame the treble a bit. Deeper insertion with a silicone tip also helps with this.

7. peter123

The Ostry tuning tips with deep insertion did the trikk for me, ymmv :wink:

8. peter123
    Brought out the Duke for the first time in a while and now I remember why I love these so much. They really suits my preferences perfectly:thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. yacobx

I've always looked at them, what would you say are your preferences?

10. peter123

Tight, controlled bass with more quality than quantity. Slightly forward midrange with a lift in the upper mids and great treble extension. I also like a touch of warmth and although I'd never call the Duke warm there's enough for it not to feel cold and analytical. In addition the Duke has amazing clarity and details that I really appreciate.

Hisoundfi likes this.
  11. yacobx

Part of me wants to wait for a duke 2.0 but that sounds like the perfect sig

12. HiFlight
    My Duke arrived today, and once I discovered the optimum tips, the SQ is very nice. My fears of over-the-top highs and sibilance disappeared with the first couple of tracks from my DX80.

I did paint the right strain relief with some silver fingernail polish to ease identification of left and right and added a DIY neck cinch, as I get by far the best seal with cables over-ear.

13. peter123
    My solution for L/R:

20160220_221707.jpg

ozkan likes this.
  14. mochill
    Hiflight do you like em :)

15. yacobx
    staph.... I have already spent my hifi budget this month lol..... Im struggling not to buy these

First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Next

Last