1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM

First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
  1. thamasha69
    BA23D554-C99C-4C08-B591-68AE60021753.jpeg

Anyone still enjoying these? I know I'm late to the party, but after eyeballing the Duke for a few years I finally scored a set a few months ago. I must say at first, they were very bright/etched sounding...I wasn't sure of them. Everything in this informative thread was helpful though and after some tweaking and testing, I have hit that wonderful sweet spot. The Opus #11 is the smoothest/best source I have and it is awesome with the Duke. I'm using Ostry OS100 tips. It took a bit to get used to the signature as my other IEMs are bass heavy and warmer. The BIE is great and I find it to pull more details than my MH1C, but once I began testing against the Duke, the Duke just sounded more natural than my other IEMs. The bass impact isn't as great, but the quality of the bass is phenomenal and fast and everything sounds *natural* - I hear delineation in drum fills and guitar tones are awesome. Perhaps it was psychoacoustic acclimation/brain burn-in combined with the right tips and insertion, but these have taken on a whole different character from when I first listened. I have never had my impressions change so much from an initial listen until reaching my current impressions. Maybe it's like what was mentioned in this thread about putting the work in to find the right source, fit, tips, etc - now that everything has clicked, I've never been closer to the music. These sound so realistic and natural. Analytical compared to other headphones in my collection, but very fun and engaging still. I love these.

noknok23 and Raketen like this.
  2. noknok23
    I think they are amazing for the price. Really really enjoy the sound when properly amped. But still, I can't get a perfect fit for them and have to admit the treble is fatiguing. After a couple of hours, I really need a break.
    Always want to come back to them once in a while though. :)

First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44