Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Sep 28, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #496 of 662
Just when I thought the MH1C tips were dope, now the spinfits are rocking the snot out of Duke.

Here's a picture of both:

Thanks for the picture Vince. I can't tell from this angle, but did you push the Spin fit tip all the way to the base? Never tried this combo, but the midrange and bass sound pretty darn good with this combo. Thanks for the heads up
beerchug.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #498 of 662
I'm glad Brooko mentioned sibilance being more under control. I was able to control it pretty well with tips + fit from my review pair. However, I just received a replacement pair and also find sibilance more under control, and there seems to be a bit more bass, as well. This is how the Duke was meant to be heard, and it's even better than before. Nice!

Duke just went from awesome to awesomer :wink_face:

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #500 of 662
I'm glad Brooko mentioned sibilance being more under control. I was able to control it pretty well with tips + fit from my review pair. However, I just received a replacement pair and also find sibilance more under control, and there seems to be a bit more bass, as well. This is how the Duke was meant to be heard, and it's even better than before. Nice!

Duke just went from awesome to awesomer :wink_face:
+ awesomest + awesomesauce

=awesomesaucerest

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #503 of 662
I'd definitely like to know if anything changed with the drivers - Lee?

Or was it just the imbalance clearing the previous issue (added bass masking it a bit more)?

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #504 of 662
  I'd definitely like to know if anything changed with the drivers - Lee?

Or was it just the imbalance clearing the previous issue (added bass masking it a bit more)?

Nope, same drive.

You just got a bad pair. Sorry again lol

Cheers

Lee

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #508 of 662
Warm tint, linear bass with fast attack, tight with just a bit the punchiness, aggressive upper mid range, with an overall holographic and energetic presentation

Do you guys agree?

Just got 'em back Vince - need to get used to the sig first :)

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #509 of 662
Warm tint, linear bass with fast attack, tight with just a bit the punchiness, aggressive upper mid range, with an overall holographic and energetic presentation

Do you guys agree?

Ditto, bass lines are pretty easy to hear without getting in the way, good texture, and I concur about the holographic presentation. Am a fan of its rather natural and realistic soundstage, specially for musical pieces involving wood instruments. Also try the interstellar OST for a kick. While you're at it, watch the new Suicide Squad trailer with the Duke, the background music sounds ethereal.

Epic typic music fits the Duke like a glove. Really love songs from the artist Two steps from hell, awesome instrumentals. 

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #510 of 662
Last night I was listening to the Duke for the first time in over a week (yeah I know blasphemy :wink:) and I must say that it's warmer and smoother than my audible memory lead me to believe.

I certainly remember now why these are my current favorites :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back