1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM

First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last
  1. RedJohn456

Thanks for the picture Vince. I can't tell from this angle, but did you push the Spin fit tip all the way to the base? Never tried this combo, but the midrange and bass sound pretty darn good with this combo. Thanks for the heads up[​IMG]

2. Hisoundfi Contributor
    Ya, I have both pushed all the way to the base

3. nmatheis Contributor
    I'm glad Brooko mentioned sibilance being more under control. I was able to control it pretty well with tips + fit from my review pair. However, I just received a replacement pair and also find sibilance more under control, and there seems to be a bit more bass, as well. This is how the Duke was meant to be heard, and it's even better than before. Nice!

Duke just went from awesome to awesomer :wink_face:

4. nmatheis Contributor
    Hisoundfi: I'll try spinfit, but I've got to say I'm pretty impressed with the stock clear biflanges. They're Lee's favorites, btw :wink:

5. Hisoundfi Contributor
    + awesomest + awesomesauce

=awesomesaucerest

leobigfield and RedJohn456 like this.
  6. Hisoundfi Contributor
    They don't seal my ear holes, sad face

7. nmatheis Contributor
    Hisoundfi: I hear us, bro!

Duke just went from a wild beast I had to work a bit to tame to awesome right out of the box, which is how it should be. I'm glad VE worked with us to quickly rectify any issues.

8. Brooko Contributor
    I'd definitely like to know if anything changed with the drivers - Lee?

Or was it just the imbalance clearing the previous issue (added bass masking it a bit more)?

9. zhibli06

Nope, same drive.

You just got a bad pair. Sorry again lol

Cheers

Lee

10. Hisoundfi Contributor
    Warm tint, linear bass with fast attack, tight with just a bit the punchiness, aggressive upper mid range, with an overall holographic and energetic presentation

Do you guys agree?

11. nmatheis Contributor
    Sounds about right, Hisoundfi. I wasn't going to call them warm before, but I can hear that now.

12. Hisoundfi Contributor
    It's not a lot, just a smidge. Really well done

13. Brooko Contributor

Just got 'em back Vince - need to get used to the sig first :)

Hisoundfi likes this.
  14. RedJohn456

Ditto, bass lines are pretty easy to hear without getting in the way, good texture, and I concur about the holographic presentation. Am a fan of its rather natural and realistic soundstage, specially for musical pieces involving wood instruments. Also try the interstellar OST for a kick. While you're at it, watch the new Suicide Squad trailer with the Duke, the background music sounds ethereal.

Epic typic music fits the Duke like a glove. Really love songs from the artist Two steps from hell, awesome instrumentals. 

15. peter123
    Last night I was listening to the Duke for the first time in over a week (yeah I know blasphemy :wink:) and I must say that it's warmer and smoother than my audible memory lead me to believe.

I certainly remember now why these are my current favorites :)

First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last