Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Sep 16, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #481 of 662
  Since we paid good money for it!!! It'd better be the retail version lol
deadhorse.gif

ZX100 is not bad, but u r paying extra for the brand tag like always~ 

X7 is something else brother. if anyone can get a chance to try them out, do not miss it!

Cheers 

Lee

Awesome Lee! Your the first person I've seen with the X7!

Btw, leobigfield had a great idea about bundling the Monk with the Fiio M3...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/780622/always-try-something-new-here-is-the-ultra-portable-dap-m3-from-fiio/90#post_11917409

Don't know if it's possible but... What about bundle a KZ IEM or VE MONK? I'm pretty sure that this would make a killer combo at the price and made a lot of WOW from people who are entering the hifi scene from this small device.

Sep 16, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #483 of 662
M3 + VE Monk would be nice. I'm sure they'd kick those ugly white buds Fiio's bundling with M3 straight to the curb!

Yes, they would be merced lol.

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #487 of 662
Back to Duke...

Anyone new out there have a chance to try them?

@RedJohn456: How do the Ortofon you got stack up against the Duke?

I have a loaner coming in. Once I've heard it I'll share my impressions. My all-time favorite single dynamic micro driver phone is the Carbo Tenore so I'll compare it to that as well as to the DUNU DN-2000J (hybrid). The latter simply because I have it on my hands.

Sep 20, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #488 of 662
Sep 20, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #490 of 662
What do you think Baycode?

Quite different from ZA Tenore Aero Dynamik!

Well I havent found the best suited eartips yet. So commenting on the sound will be very early (for now). BTW, my blue Ostry eartips are on the way...

Its a very capable iem but haven't hit the magic point yet...

Sep 20, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #491 of 662
I've had the duke for about two weeks now. They sound nearly as good as my hd598 (which is about what I hoped for in an IEM) and they have significantly cleaner bass than the hd598 but they just sound a little claustrophobic in comparison. Again, to be expected when compared to open back headphones. I originally opted for some iems when I moved to a dorm so I wouldn't bother others but the open headphones have been more than acceptable so I no longer have need of these. Despite these sounding fantastic and being great for trips the money spent on these would be better utilized elsewhere. As soon as I'm able, I'll be selling these and hopefully one of you can pick them up as I'll ship from the US. 

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #492 of 662
Lee - replacement just arrived.  Haven't measured it yet - but channels are a lot better at first listen (many thanks).

One thing I have noticed is that the sibilance isn't anywhere near as bad. I'm guessing (if you haven't changed anything with the drivers), that it may be down to the missing bass in the original pair highlighting the peak at 9 kHz.

Anyway - these are a lot better.  Added to the queue now for review.

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #494 of 662
I'm rocking the Duke right now.

Bouncing back and forth between spin fits and mh1c tips. Both work great.

I love the midrange of the Duke. I really like the very slight warm tint and timbre. I find it to be captivating.

Well done Lee!

Awesome meng. How do the MH1c tips look? Are they different than the sony hybrids?

Edit: Haven't tried the spin fits yet, I was afraid to stretch it out on the nozzle, will give it a shot tonight thanks

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #495 of 662
Awesome meng. How do the MH1c tips look? Are they different than the sony hybrids?

Edit: Haven't tried the spin fits yet, I was afraid to stretch it out on the nozzle, will give it a shot tonight thanks
Just when I thought the MH1C tips were dope, now the spinfits are rocking the snot out of Duke.

Here's a picture of both:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back