Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Sep 10, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #466 of 662
FYI: RUNABOUT thread is live 
L3000.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #468 of 662
For those of you with Duke + RA...

If you've got a source with variable line out, try RA on High Gain and see if you like it better than Low Gain with Duke. Report back either way and let us know what you think.

*** I'm betting you'll like it! ***

P.S., Please turn variable LO volume down so you don't blast your ears out.

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #469 of 662
My review on the Duke is up :wink:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-the-duke/reviews/13986

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #470 of 662
  My review on the Duke is up :wink:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-the-duke/reviews/13986

Fantastic review Peter, glad you loved it!

My current set up is simply AmazeballsTM

Macbook ==> LH GeekOut V2 (line out) ==> VE RunABOUT ==> VE Zen (doughnut foam). This amp definitely brings out the best in the Zen, but imo you also need a really good dac to get the most out of the Zen. This sounds so good its not even funny as I doubt any of my other gear will get any listening time. Sounds like I am wearing full size not cans not earbuds!

The RunABOUT is a more neutral and transparent amp compared to the something like that 400 dollar groove. Sure it might not be as powerful, but power is nothing if it doesn't sound good. The RA is good enough that I prefer to use it Line out from the V2 but make no mistake the V2 amp is no slouch, but the Zen sounds better with the RA to my ears.

I have had the amp for some time and I wanted to wait before posting any impressions. This amp has a PITCH BLACK background. Seriously, like pitch black, no hissing or anything. And very little EMI if any when used with my phone (blasphemy I know :wink:).

If someone wants to hear music as it was intended by the artist (clean and transparent set up) this set up will keep you going for a LONG time:

Computer ==>SMSL M2 Line out ==> RunABOUT ==> Duke.  
                            ($50)            +          ($98)     +     ($198)  = ~$350

For less than the cost of some mid tier iems (that sound only half as good as the duke lol) you can get a very capable rig. I have had the SMSL M2 amp/dac since I began this hobby and it is still one of the most neutral and transparent dacs I have heard, second only to the V2 in my collection. just my 2 cents :wink:

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #474 of 662
@nmatheis  hey bro , great review, sorry has been busy with stuff.

btw 

the fiio x7 is really good with the duke lol and I don't think they will be allowing 3rd party amp modules.

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #475 of 662
@nmatheis
  hey bro , great review, sorry has been busy with stuff.

btw 

the fiio x7 is really good with the duke lol and I don't think they will be allowing 3rd party amp modules.

Damn Lee, I just got instantly jealous of you and your X7 lol.

Is that a beta model or is it already released in your neck of the woods?

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #476 of 662

@nmatheis
  hey bro , great review, sorry has been busy with stuff.

btw 

Damn Lee, I just got instantly jealous of you and your X7 lol.

Is that a beta model or is it already released in your neck of the woods?

Since we paid good money for it!!! It'd better be the retail version lol
deadhorse.gif

ZX100 is not bad, but u r paying extra for the brand tag like always~ 

X7 is something else brother. if anyone can get a chance to try them out, do not miss it!

Cheers 

Lee

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #477 of 662
For those of you with Duke + RA...

If you've got a source with variable line out, try RA on High Gain and see if you like it better than Low Gain with Duke. Report back either way and let us know what you think.

[COLOR=696969]*** I'm betting you'll like it! ***[/COLOR]

P.S., Please turn variable LO volume down so you don't blast your ears out.

Will give it a how with my Hidizs when I'm home from my Biz trip.

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #478 of 662
Since we paid good money for it!!! It'd better be the retail version lol:deadhorse:

X7 is something else brother. if anyone can get a chance to try them out, do not miss it!

Cheers 

Lee
Hey man, does it support Google Music and most streaming apps via WiFi?

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #479 of 662

Since we paid good money for it!!! It'd better be the retail version lol:deadhorse:

Cheers 

Lee

Hey man, does it support Google Music and most streaming apps via WiFi?

It should be able to ~ we will be making a simple video intro tmr hopefully~

Cheers 

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back