V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Jul 18, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #781 of 1,343
Is it the one that has an Apple adapter stuck to the end of a micro to USB cable?   I'm using the same thing effectively.   Not sure if the extra stress due to length of the adapter + micro usb is causing blinking light issues.

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #782 of 1,343
The VentureCraft one was heat shrink-tubed so it won't stress, and I think you should try that too.

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #785 of 1,343
This is another good one, the only difference is that the VerntureCraft one bends at 90 degrees and more compact.

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #787 of 1,343
I'm curious for those who tried (and failed) the Galaxy S4 with the Verza, was it an OTG cable or straight through type?

Jul 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #788 of 1,343
So, for those people having the blinking light/no action syndrome with the Vamp Verza, try new cables. BOTH the 30 pin - USB AND the mini-mini cables with mine were defective and everything worked fine with new cables. The 30-pin cable had a short so the problem was initially intermittent, but the mini cable never connected once. This product feels rushed to market. Especially considering the lack of a manual (even though promised on the qwikcard). Customer service and technical support, though pleasant, clearly have limited to no audio knowledge as well. What does everyone else think? It's a nice product but awfully expensive for this poor attention to detail. Val?

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #789 of 1,343
hnj267, I think the Verza itself is well thought out and a "mature" product, in that there aren't any bugs or glitches I am aware of other than those caused by faulty cables.   I think the quality of the included cables and the lack of a lightning cable does make it feel a bit rushed.  For the price, reliable quality cables should have been included.  I also found it odd when I contacted V-Moda about the fact that they now included a lightning cable, their representative said it was the same one as found on Amazon (it didn't seem like a quality cable).   While digital cables may not affect sound quality when they work....they have to work.

Also, I am finding the paint on the Metallo case and the sliding plate not to be very durable.   Instead of an anodize or PVD, they went with paint, which will obviously wear with the sliding back and forth.  I'm starting to get silver shiny bits on both surfaces.

Interestingly, Venturecraft's docking system on their website is a hinged door thing which doesn't use a sliding/friction motion.  

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #790 of 1,343
Quote:
So, for those people having the blinking light/no action syndrome with the Vamp Verza, try new cables. BOTH the 30 pin - USB AND the mini-mini cables with mine were defective and everything worked fine with new cables. The 30-pin cable had a short so the problem was initially intermittent, but the mini cable never connected once. This product feels rushed to market. Especially considering the lack of a manual (even though promised on the qwikcard). Customer service and technical support, though pleasant, clearly have limited to no audio knowledge as well. What does everyone else think? It's a nice product but awfully expensive for this poor attention to detail. Val?

Quote:
hnj267, I think the Verza itself is well thought out and a "mature" product, in that there aren't any bugs or glitches I am aware of other than those caused by faulty cables.   I think the quality of the included cables and the lack of a lightning cable does make it feel a bit rushed.  For the price, reliable quality cables should have been included.  I also found it odd when I contacted V-Moda about the fact that they now included a lightning cable, their representative said it was the same one as found on Amazon (it didn't seem like a quality cable).   While digital cables may not affect sound quality when they work....they have to work.

Also, I am finding the paint on the Metallo case and the sliding plate not to be very durable.   Instead of an anodize or PVD, they went with paint, which will obviously wear with the sliding back and forth.  I'm starting to get silver shiny bits on both surfaces.

Interestingly, Venturecraft's docking system on their website is a hinged door thing which doesn't use a sliding/friction motion.  

I understand what you are saying about rush to market.  However, I suppose there is a balance.  If Val waited for V-Moda availability of lightning cables, Verza might still not have been released.  The only thing I wish Verza would do is work while charging like my Iphone, otherwise I consider it a thoughtfully designed product, certainly moreso than the original Vamp.

Regarding the magnetic door hinge on the Venturecraft, it would be great if that design was used for the next iteration of Metallo cases.

Jul 20, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #791 of 1,343
Quote:
I'm curious for those who tried (and failed) the Galaxy S4 with the Verza, was it an OTG cable or straight through type?

For the CLAS, Hifi-m8 and dacport to work with Android devices the USB Audio Recorder Pro app is needed/required.
(with OTG cable).

Have the Verza/Android users been trying using this app?

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #794 of 1,343
Jul 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #795 of 1,343

Users who are viewing this thread

Back