V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Jul 12, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #751 of 1,343
I didnt read through all the thread, but can someone tell me if V-Moda has a metallo case for a iphone 4? And why they didnt consider the fact that the majority of people have iphone 4-4s and not 5?

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #752 of 1,343
I didnt read through all the thread, but can someone tell me if V-Moda has a metallo case for a iphone 4? And why they didnt consider the fact that the majority of people have iphone 4-4s and not 5?

Val must have missed the memo Re iphone 4/4S

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #753 of 1,343
Quote:

Normally I wouldn't even respond to this, but did you even try to check the V-MODA web site?  Seems like that would be even easier than posting on a forum and waiting for a response.  

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #754 of 1,343
^ or instead of spending the time to write a two-sentence explanation of what the person should do, you could have simply answered the question.

The answer is no, there is no Metallo case for the iPhone 4/4S.

The VAMP is for the iPhone 4/4S, but it's not quite the same as the VERZA + Metallo since it is specific only for the iPhone 4/4S.

Who knows, maybe they are planning to make an iPhone 4/4S Metallo case and we just don't know about it yet. The iPod Classic was proposed to have a Metallo case but it isn't listed on the website.

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #756 of 1,343
As stated, the iPod Classic was announced to have a Metallo case eventually, but it's not on the website. The same thing could be the case, pun intended, for the iPhone 4/4S, no? As in, it's not on the website but it could be in development. So even if the person checked the website, their question would still be a valid question to ask.

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #757 of 1,343
Quote:
Teach a man to fish...

Why reward his inability to do even the most basic form of research in existence?  

I actually checked the site, and i would spend much more time searching for the answer on "Why there is no 4-4s case" than asking here.
The question was more about WHY there is no iphone 4 case, when the 4-4s is the majority of apple smartphones used at the moment.

And one more thing - does anybody have experience with VAMP and senn hd650? Or HP that are similar to these?

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #758 of 1,343
Quote:
As stated, the iPod Classic was announced to have a Metallo case eventually, but it's not on the website. The same thing could be the case, pun intended, for the iPhone 4/4S, no? As in, it's not on the website but it could be in development. So even if the person checked the website, their question would still be a valid question to ask.

Neither is on the site because neither exists for sale.  Besides, I believe a future Classic case was rumored, not announced.  

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #759 of 1,343
Quote:
I actually checked the site, and i would spend much more time searching for the answer on "Why there is no 4-4s case" than asking here.
The question was more about WHY there is no iphone 4 case, when the 4-4s is the majority of apple smartphones used at the moment.

And one more thing - does anybody have experience with VAMP and senn hd650? Or HP that are similar to these?

Just my opinion here, but I think it's a safe bet to say that most customers willing to pay $700 for an amp/case combo probably sprang for the newer iPhone as well.  Also, I think from a business perspective, it is a better idea to avoid making the VAMP obsolete so that you can continue to sell the remaining inventory.  

Regarding the VAMP/HD-650 combo, I have both sitting right here so I can give them a listen.  My VAMP is dead though, so I will have to charge it and get back to you.
regular_smile .gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #760 of 1,343
Quote:

Because Val sees the VAMP as the case for 4/4S, so he will not make a Metallo case for it.
Quote:
Neither is on the site because neither exists for sale.  Besides, I believe a future Classic case was rumored, not announced.  

Rumored from Val himself, but he never specified the nature of the special project for the iPod classic in relations to the VERZA...

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #761 of 1,343
Quote:

Regarding the VAMP/HD-650 combo, I have both sitting right here so I can give them a listen.  My VAMP is dead though, so I will have to charge it and get back to you.
regular_smile%20.gif

Ok, waiting on that one =) I was in a big debate on the amp, coz i am always on the move and i need something good and portable AND stylish. If the vamp is really good with the 650, i will start saving =)
BTW, is there any similar cases for iphone 4-4s where you can attach an amp to it, avoiding the straps?

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #762 of 1,343
Quote:
Ok, waiting on that one =) I was in a big debate on the amp, coz i am always on the move and i need something good and portable AND stylish. If the vamp is really good with the 650, i will start saving =)
BTW, is there any similar cases for iphone 4-4s where you can attach an amp to it, avoiding the straps?

I have an Iphone 4.  Now that my Vamp is working, I am using that currently instead of Verza until Vamp stops working, my Iphone 4 breaks again or becomes too obsolete to meet my needs.  When I connect my Iphone 4 to Verza, I place my Iphone 4 in an inexpensive case that has 3M duolock on the back of the case and on the rails of Verza.  This could be used to attach ANY phone or player to Verza.  Duolock is much more durable than Velcro.  I have removed and attached dozens of times and it works as well as when I first attached.  It is about $5 at Target or most retail stores.

Vamp has been discontinued by V-Moda and is sold out, so it would only be available second hand.

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #763 of 1,343

I have a VAMP and had the 650 - great combo. The only issue you'll have is if you listen very loud, you might not be able to get all the volume you want. You'd have to be listening VERY loud, though. I really liked how the "3D" setting worked with the 650- it added some nice sparkle to some tracks.

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #764 of 1,343
Sort of off topic: how does the VERZA compare to the Sony PHA-1?  As far as I know that the PHA-1 is Asynchronous with 24/96k, but the VERZA is only 16/48k.  I am very tempted to order one along with the MDR-1RNC just to test them...

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #765 of 1,343
Another off topic: found a VERY NICE bag specially designed for player / Sony PHA-1 combo.  Too bad it is Japan only...  I really wish there is such a pouch/bag for the VAMP/VERZA :frowning2:.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/624676/sony-pha-1-portable-dac-amp/375#post_9619757

Users who are viewing this thread

Back