V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Jul 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #796 of 1,343
Hi, all

My VV and Metallo came in today but its not obvious at all how to get some stuff done.

Has someone set up any pages which a manual of sorts yet? - the QuiqCard doesnt mention in what charging scenarios power needs to be off/on etc.

Im mostly interested right now in how to charge the iPhone AND Vamp Verza together, but its not intuitively obvious what needs to be done.

Jul 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #797 of 1,343
Quote:
Hi, all

My VV and Metallo came in today but its not obvious at all how to get some stuff done.

Has someone set up any pages which a manual of sorts yet? - the QuiqCard doesnt mention in what charging scenarios power needs to be off/on etc.

Im mostly interested right now in how to charge the iPhone AND Vamp Verza together, but its not intuitively obvious what needs to be done.

Since they are two separate units, I disconnect Verza from my Iphone and charge both separately which allows simultaneous charging.  I only charge my Iphone using Verza as a last resort since it drains power too quickly from Verza.

Jul 31, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #798 of 1,343
I am lazy, so if you set it to iAMP + VAMP with volume off and plug it into the charger/computer, then it will charge the VERZA first then charge the iPod/iPhone.  I just do this over night and I don't have to unplug cables all the time as this will worn out the plugs.

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #801 of 1,343
FYI: I am happy to report that the new nVidia Shield works with the VERZA :).

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #803 of 1,343
A MUCH better cable setup for VV+iPhone:

The cable that comes with the Vamp Verza for an iPhone 5 is a short cable thats pretty standard. The issue is that if you have headphones attached, and you put this rig in your pocket or case, the short cable takes a lot of strain since its on the bottom of the phone, and the Vamp's headphone socket is on top.

To make a MUCH sturdier cable, I used a Griffin micro USB cable for $20.99 as well as an Apple MicroUSB to Lightning adapter for $20:

Adding them together and looping them around to connect the Vamp is great, but they need some serious strain relief, provided by a zip tie:

Now the opposite is true when you remove the cable - it wants to push the connectors together, and you may lose the ziptie... so a little hot gluing later, I have a rock solid cable that blows away the POS standard cable:

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #804 of 1,343
Quote:
A MUCH better cable setup for VV+iPhone:

The cable that comes with the Vamp Verza for an iPhone 5 is a short cable thats pretty standard. The issue is that if you have headphones attached, and you put this rig in your pocket or case, the short cable takes a lot of strain since its on the bottom of the phone, and the Vamp's headphone socket is on top.

To make a MUCH sturdier cable, I used a Griffin micro USB cable for $20.99 as well as an Apple MicroUSB to Lightning adapter for $20:

Adding them together and looping them around to connect the Vamp is great, but they need some serious strain relief, provided by a zip tie:

Now the opposite is true when you remove the cable - it wants to push the connectors together, and you may lose the ziptie... so a little hot gluing later, I have a rock solid cable that blows away the POS standard cable:

Keep in mind, with such a rigid cable you are putting much more strain on the jacks.  I'd rather burn through a few short cables than kill either device.  

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #805 of 1,343
This is why I got the VentureCraft cable.  I know it is $65 vs. $40, but it is right angled being more compact and less plug stress.

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #807 of 1,343
Aug 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #808 of 1,343

Users who are viewing this thread

Back