V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Aug 10, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #811 of 1,343
Quote:
I need to get a few of these.  Is this the first official MFI lightning cable for DAC's?

THUNDERSTRUCK... (AC/DC)!!!   

http://v-moda.com/tuono-lightning-cable/

It is very short... and official by Apple MFI... it has taken a long time to make it pass the tests, but this is legit and the most compact in the market today.

Enjoy it... (while they last).

FYI - Tuono means "thunder" in Italiano

-V

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #812 of 1,343
For a moment after seeing this post, I thought "Only Val could get exciting about something as simple as a cable" then I remembered that we are on Head-Fi. 
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #813 of 1,343
THUNDERSTRUCK... (AC/DC)!!!   

http://v-moda.com/tuono-lightning-cable/

It is very short... and official by Apple MFI... it has taken a long time to make it pass the tests, but this is legit and the most compact in the market today.

Enjoy it... (while they last).

FYI - Tuono means "thunder" in Italiano

-V

Maybe I should've bought the verza later to get it together. Will there be a lower profile lightning cable, such as something similar to the angle one from venturecraft?

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #814 of 1,343
Quote:
Maybe I should've bought the verza later to get it together. Will there be a lower profile lightning cable, such as something similar to the angle one from venturecraft?

Let's hope so but I doubt it.  It's $25 vs. $65 of the VC and the Tuono looks better and less ad-hoc, so I think the trade off is worth it.

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #815 of 1,343
Aug 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #817 of 1,343
This is no small feat.  In the course of my job I interface with a number of very large companies that struggle with MFI, and specifically lightning cables, and yet one of the smaller ones is the first to actually get it done.  Kudos to Val and his team.  

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #818 of 1,343
Quote:
This is no small feat.  In the course of my job I interface with a number of very large companies that struggle with MFI, and specifically lightning cables, and yet one of the smaller ones is the first to actually get it done.  Kudos to Val and his team.  

(Bows)
Thanks, it was no small feat, more like a big shoe ;>. I will tell my team congrats - they did an amazing job.  

It would of been out a tad sooner but sometimes the packaging delays us.

Now the Vamp Verza and cable are officially "MFI" by Apple.

Enjoy.

-V

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #819 of 1,343
Quote:
Val should make a deal for current verza owners (I believe it is the same one bundled with current verza purchases) similar to the deal he mentioned for the xl earpads of the m100.

It's a business not charity, and I think $25 is a fair price, although discounts are always welcome.
Quote:

Very true, but I still wonder why it isn't right angled?

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #821 of 1,343
Val,

Any thoughts on a right angled version for strain relief. If you have this cable and a set of cans connected to an Iphone this little cable takes a LOT of strain since the headphone jack exits the other end. Think VV in a jacket pocket as an example- itd be resting on this cable.

Maybe an option for vamp v3 - headphone jack same end as all the other cables

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #822 of 1,343
Quote:
Val,

Any thoughts on a right angled version for strain relief. If you have this cable and a set of cans connected to an Iphone this little cable takes a LOT of strain since the headphone jack exits the other end. Think VV in a jacket pocket as an example- itd be resting on this cable.

Maybe an option for vamp v3 - headphone jack same end as all the other cables

Seconded.  My current setup is taking a beating.  Right angled is the way to go.

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #823 of 1,343
Sorry to spoil all this hype and burst all your bubbles, but short (non-right-angled) MFI lightning cables have been around for a while (plenty of which are cheaper).... 

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=112&cp_id=11213&cs_id=1083101&p_id=10557&seq=1&format=2
http://goincase.com/shop/incase-8-inch-charge-and-sync-cable
http://www.cablejive.com/products/Lightlinez-XS.html
http://store.apple.com/us/product/HB555ZM/A/belkin-6-21-amp-lightning-to-usb-chargesync-cable?fnode=45

I am personally using a black Belkin one and it works fine and the length isn't too long.

For the team at V-Moda to have made anything remotely special/audiophile friendly, they should have thought about going right-angled to be different. 

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #824 of 1,343
Yep I think most of us here are aware of those, but the key difference is length and shielding (I think?).  However, I do agree that it should be right angled from the beginning.

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #825 of 1,343
Quote:
Yep I think most of us here are aware of those, but the key difference is length and shielding (I think?).  However, I do agree that it should be right angled from the beginning.

The shortest on my list is 4 inches compared to 3.75 inches (which once folded in half  during use is a difference of 0.125 inches). I might add that this cable happens to be $11.90 and is MFI certified.

Also, for all of the cables that are MFI certified, you can be sure shielding is all up there. Just look at the VentureCraft "lightning" cable. It's a very normal (but by no means badly shielded) usb cable. Besides, being a digital cable it's pretty much all or nothing in terms of transmitting the 0s and 1s. 

The purpose of my post is so that I can make sure all head-fiers are aware of the alternatives so that we force V-Moda to either adjust their prices accordingly or produce a right-angled alternative. If neither happens, then I strongly recommend that head-fiers consider the alternatives. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back