V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #4,066 of 23,366
Quote:
Quick question - What is the difference between the matte black color scheme and the shadow color scheme? From pictures I've seen it looks like the shadow scheme may have a "streaky" look to the shields, is this true? Thanks.

With the M-80s the shields are have a sort of brushed metal look to them, the vertical lines are just "scratches" in the surface.  I'm not 100% sure if this will be the same with Shadow on the M-100s too though.

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #4,068 of 23,366
About how long after the first units go out before they enter mass-production?

I was planning on picking up an M80 in a week or so, but if these are about to release it'd be a shame to have waited this long. But I was hoping to use up a $50 amazon gift card for the purchase, so I'd need to wait for the final units that would assumably be for sale there.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #4,070 of 23,366
Ok, yesterday was probably the most I have ever worked in my life.  26 hours with little caffeine and a few cat naps when all of my device batteries were recharging.

Production Status
We made 100 units and stopped to analyze. THE RESULTS ARE AMAZING on the hinge feeling and CMF quality. The engineers are now all doing reliability testing and analysis while me and a few V-MODA teammates are performing manual "soundchecks" and signing off colors/materials/finishes.

Listening One By One, Taking Notes
We labelled and are listening to each of the first 100 units today and measuring all the FR Curves vs our golden "VICI" model.  The song I am mostly using to go quicker is Billie Jean in lossless, with a loop.  On about 1/5 I switch to a variety of songs. Since the original gold unit was handmade, I am going to pass the crown to a new production unit.  

My colleagues are using different music, which evens this out and they are not using loops.

After listening to all quickly and writing notes, we BOTH picked #4.  We will each spend a much longer time tonight verifying our findings quietly alone tonight. It is great that our golden ear team all picked the same one blindly, it'll save time arguing over dinner!    

Mic Check, 1 2 3
We are also testing each microphone FR.  

PIC

almost there!!!

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #4,072 of 23,366
Quote:
Ok, yesterday was probably the most I have ever worked in my life.  26 hours with little caffeine and a few cat naps when all of my device batteries were recharging.

Production Status
We made 100 units and stopped to analyze. THE RESULTS ARE AMAZING on the hinge feeling and CMF quality. The engineers are now all doing reliability testing and analysis while me and a few V-MODA teammates are performing manual "soundchecks" and signing off colors/materials/finishes.

We labelled and are listening to each of the first 100 units today and measuring all the FR Curves vs our golden "VICI" model.  The song I am mostly using to go quicker is Billie Jean in lossless, with a loop.  On about 1/5 I switch to a variety of songs. Since the original gold unit was handmade, I am going to pass the crown to a new production unit.  

My colleagues are using different music, which evens this out and they are not using loops.

After listening to all quickly and writing notes, we BOTH picked #4.  We will each spend a much longer time tonight verifying our findings quietly alone tonight. It is great that our golden ear team all picked the same one blindly, it'll save time arguing over dinner!    

Mic Check, 1 2 3

PIC

almost there!!!

Sounds amazing and they look amazing as well; they're like something the Batman would wear! :D

One thing will you guys start taking orders today? I have a feeling the PPUs will sell out very fast!

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #4,073 of 23,366
Quote:

hi Val,

I see you've gone back to the LP2 look (matte & thicker headband) - except for the one on the left. Is this the final look??

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #4,074 of 23,366
Quote:

Production Status

Mic Check, 1 2 3

PIC

almost there!!!

Jeez, man!  Most companies wouldn't care to do any similarly in-depth quality control  For those that do, the CEO would deflect the responsibility to a chronie while they vacationed with their third-favorite mistress in Belize.  Truly admirable dedication on you and your team's part and we certainly appreciate it, but get some sleep, Val!

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #4,075 of 23,366
Quote:

hi Val,

I see you've gone back to the LP2 look (matte & thicker headband) - except for the one on the left. Is this the final look??

It's been stated Shadow (M80), Matte Black (LP2) and White/Grey are the launch colors. It's not been set in stone regarding the PPUs but been hints of making like 50 of each perhaps or something like that.

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #4,077 of 23,366
BTW, any with experience of M80, is the headband cloth material durable on the Shadow theme, I do like the look of the Shadow theme and wasn't that much of a fan of matte black on the LP2 I had, it looked nice alright but nothing special to me but the leather do get the impression to me of being more durable looking like well leather usually is in general. I'm particularly interesting how well it may withstand friction (say rubbing against clothes and such)

Would it be possible to get the cloth on headband replaced in case it would become worn out? ^^

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #4,078 of 23,366
Now that we're talking about headbands, it would  be interesting to watch Val design a headphone stand that does not interfere with the air-drying necessity of the crossfades. I know there are a lot thin stands, etc, but maybe Val could think of something designed specifically because of it.

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #4,079 of 23,366
Quote:
Now that we're talking about headbands, it would  be interesting to watch Val design a headphone stand that does not interfere with the air-drying necessity of the crossfades. I know there are a lot thin stands, etc, but maybe Val could think of something designed specifically because of it.

Hey this is a quite good accessory idea, the V-Moda Stand or *can't resist* V-Stand ahaha. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back