V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #4,097 of 23,366
Quote:
 PIC OF PACKAGE... it seems so small compared to our others with the new cases.

FYI - the hanger will match the product headband inside now

Now that is beautiful. It is really nifty how the the hanger matches the headband kinda like a preview haha

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #4,098 of 23,366
Quote:
I thought we weren't doing matte black? But since you are, wallet is ready.

a new matter-than-lp2 Matte Black color is in and it was first in line for PP, but it has a little surprise you'll see soon.  You can thank Jude for it - love it or hate it ;>. He me do it when I talked to him a few weeks ago about M-100 status!

Aug 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #4,099 of 23,366
Will you post pictures of the colors before the PPU's are available? And will the brushed aluminum finish of the M-80's be available on the white model? :)

Aug 8, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #4,100 of 23,366
Quote:

a new matter-than-lp2 Matte Black color is in and it was first in line for PP, but it has a little surprise you'll see soon.  You can thank Jude for it - love it or hate it ;>. He me do it when I talked to him a few weeks ago about M-100 status!

I had my mind made up that I was going to get the Shadow M-100 but now I'm back to being confused on which color to get cause of this tidbit of news.

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #4,101 of 23,366

Great news, I was planning on getting the Matte black one anyway. Hopefully I can get my hands on a PPU unit though :D

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #4,102 of 23,366
Haha guess I'll pick up one of these when the MP come out. Will be out for 2 weeks without a computer, so pretty much impossible to order. Good luck to the people here! (less competition) 

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #4,103 of 23,366
Quote:

Thanks!!!  I'm so amped too, I am wearing the first unit right now, the cable is shocking and looks killer. They won't go on sale quite yet until we sort and see what we "yield".

In the end, this is very good news on the sound based on my years of experience that the yield will be >90% in both the next PP round/rework and the MP. Have no fear, the rejects aren't trashed with our on/over-ear products, they just go back to school and get new drivers/parts until they pass!  

I don't have time to do a fancy drawing now but I'm working on one. Many "audiophile brand" curves actually are not flat and from low to high the SPL is constantly rising.  OR they artifically spike the highs.  This is terrible...  Ours usually have a bass boost (ranging from medium to "freq'), but we aim to keep the mids and highs flat.  I like to say "don't get too high"  

M-100 is going to be the best low-volume listening we've made IMO because the highs have a much further extension than our other models and the overall clarity is amazing.  We do have some bass boost however, so maybe if you listen at 50% volume for older songs we can find an EQ setting that is optimal. Or... another solution is VQ: 

Interesting. I am looking forward to reviewing the M-100. I, in particular, am very picky about the treble and mid-range balance. Having a flat curve on paper can sound different depending on the listener as even the widely popular Audeze LCD-2 sounds disappointing to my ears (not to say that I'm going to compare the M-100 to the LCD-2).

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #4,104 of 23,366
Quote:

Matte Silver Finish on Stainless Steel - Looks and Feels like a million bucks, this finish took a long time to perfect!  Look ma, no spots.

I love the look of raw metal, especially stainless. I feel it exposes the care that was taken in making the part, something I appreciate even more since working in the machine shop during engineering school. Will the matte non-painted part only appear on white units?

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #4,107 of 23,366
Quote:

True I did in between listens... my golden ear Bill is about to bring over his final analysis models to the room.  I actually am going to study the "WORSE" of the PP as much as the best if not more.  Defense is the best offense!

Thumbs up for a great approach to quality control! 

Quote:

We truly salute our troops! My brother and co-founder of V-MODA is a pilot in the USAF and deployed in the middle east now as well.  V-MODA's head of sales is a former Air Force sergeant.  This Military Minded mantra helps fuel our quality defensive engineering and dedication to a cause.

Military-grade build quality and work ethic that's actually directly influenced by the military?  That's just... so damn cool. 
cool.gif

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #4,110 of 23,366
Has anyone got a preview pic of the black/orange, or are we still waiting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back