V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 24, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #23,356 of 23,366
I think I read in an old post you bought 2 pairs of the white model.Now you have the black any interest in selling one of the whites?
You remember that better than myself :wink:
I do own two of the white indeed, had to think a moment... Those are still available as new, maybe that would be an option for you? Feel free to PM me.

Mar 24, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #23,357 of 23,366
Unbelievable, but I found an M-100 Matte Black unused in its original packaging :)
Feels like coming home... after a long journey. It sounds fantastic, as always. I still don't get how anybody could ever call the default pads comfortable... I already bought XL pads and will soon mount them. I can't believe how long I used my original pair with the standard pads... especially since I acquired a pair of XL pads as soon as they became available, but somehow never mounted them, fearing to rip the original pads while trying to take them off.

Awsome. I just sold a open box M100 Shadow on ebay the other day. Nice HP'S! I ended up making good money. I kept the CF2W and CFW. I didn't really hear a difference when EQ'd. So basically ended up with a free pair of CF2W.

Mar 25, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #23,358 of 23,366
You remember that better than myself :wink:
I do own two of the white indeed, had to think a moment... Those are still available as new, maybe that would be an option for you? Feel free to PM me.

You know you have too many headphones when...! :wink:

Jul 5, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #23,359 of 23,366
Hi folks!

I love my M-100 since I got them eight years ago more and more and wanted to get a new cable that delivers both sides. I know that it won't be a balanced experience but it should deliver more power to each side and enhance the sound somewhat.

For some reason, when I plug it in, it only plays on one side.

This is the cable:
https://amzn.eu/hameEWY

Any ideas why it doesn't work? I saw the same cable in an m100 thread on here and it should work.

Jul 5, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #23,360 of 23,366
Hi folks!

I love my M-100 since I got them eight years ago more and more and wanted to get a new cable that delivers both sides. I know that it won't be a balanced experience but it should deliver more power to each side and enhance the sound somewhat.

This is the cable:

Any ideas why it doesn't work? I saw the same cable in an m100 thread on here and it should work.
M100 doesn't have balanced headphones features, that 3.5mm over there meant to be sharing/ output to another headphones device.
it's sharing play from original source, in case you're in a plane along with your friend

Jul 5, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #23,361 of 23,366
Hi folks!

This is the cable:

You're using a cable that has "Hifiman-style" 3.5 mm terminations, where the tip is used for the signal on both channels. Not gonna work with M-100 since you can plug the stock cable on either side.

This is the correct pinout you need for M-100:

Right channel 3.5mm TRS: Tip = N/C, Ring = R+, Sleeve = R-
Left channel 3.5mm TRS: Tip = L+, Ring = N/C, Sleeve = L-

I got mine from Hart Audio Cables.

As a bonus, if you get a cable with this termination on the headphone AND you cut the earcup-to-earcup wire on the M-100, you will have a balanced wiring on the headphone (since you have now cut the shared signal cable between drivers).

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #23,362 of 23,366
Anyone still using their M100? Took mine to the office with me today.

Always enjoyed the soundstage with these - there’s something quirky about it. Quite holographic. The imaging isn’t accurate but it doesn’t matter when they’re this fun. Find them surprisingly detailed too.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #23,363 of 23,366
Yeah, I‘m using mine from time to time as well. Jazz and HipHop as well as Gaming is still very enjoyable and they are so much more portable than my Denon AH-D7200.
Since I use them with my Moondrop Dawn they have brightend up and are much more enjoyable for Rock on the go!
The build and small folding ist still not really matched by anyone else.

Jul 12, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #23,364 of 23,366

Always enjoyed the soundstage with these - there’s something quirky about it. Quite holographic. The imaging isn’t accurate but it doesn’t matter when they’re this fun. Find them surprisingly detailed too.
Glad to hear I'm not alone in this :)

I have quite a collection of original M-100, 3 in white and 7 or something in black. I even found 3 in original sealed package. Love them.

Jul 12, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #23,365 of 23,366
I love mine! Got custom plates to match my FIAT Abarth.

Attachments

• 599DEAC1-C404-4436-96FE-CBC0D418F280.jpeg
    599DEAC1-C404-4436-96FE-CBC0D418F280.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Oct 19, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #23,366 of 23,366

Late reply, but I use mine all the time. Still the king of bass heavy electronic music and such. Sucks that they stopped making these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back