V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 5, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #23,341 of 23,366
I'm going to be putting my M-100 up on the classifieds soon, but thought I'd offer here first in case some one's looking. I like them a lot, but just don't have enough time to give them their due, and trying to thin my stash a little.

They're in overall good shape, a few skuffs on the cups, everything functions perfectly. Grey XL pads, quite new. I've got a boom pro and the inline mic cable available to go with it too.

PM me if interested. I can snap a few photos.

Aug 4, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #23,343 of 23,366
Quote:

The SRH940 is much more revealing than the M-100, but at the cost of having a relatively quiet and rolled-off bass response and much more treble energy, which isn't in everyone's favour. The SRH940's forward midrange and prominent treble response reveals a lot of subtle things in tracks that headphones with a less forward midrange and less prominent treble won't be able to pick up as easily.

The M-100 is pretty much the complete opposite of the SRH940 in terms of sound signature; bassy and laid back midrange vs trebley and forward midrange; or musical vs analytical.

On another note, if you use the M-100's while exercising and your ears get sweaty/oily...it shows up on the [grey] earpads even after it's been aired out. Not the most appealing sight to see. >_<''
Srh940 sounds like an mt220, can you tell me of any new 'phone options with identical properties. Otherwise i prefer a prominent midrange and vocal range with the trebly sibilance region dark but still sparkly, fun or lively. I would appreciate it and Thanks :)

Recessed really, for instruments behind the singer and not competing but coherent:)

..Roughness in the mids is acceptable but not uneven treble sibilance like beyer (which makes the sound thin), none of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 9, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #23,344 of 23,366
Are these good for vocal EDM? I returned the 177x because they were very underwhelming even with 4 different pads. Isolation is a must because I'll be using closed backs for when the wifey is sleeping. Budget is under $400. Thanks

Dec 10, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #23,345 of 23,366
Are these good for vocal EDM? I returned the 177x because they were very underwhelming even with 4 different pads. Isolation is a must because I'll be using closed backs for when the wifey is sleeping. Budget is under $400. Thanks
To me the original M-100 is still the EDM King… and yes, they do a nice job of representing voices

Mar 17, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #23,346 of 23,366
Unbelievable, but I found an M-100 Matte Black unused in its original packaging :)
Feels like coming home... after a long journey. It sounds fantastic, as always. I still don't get how anybody could ever call the default pads comfortable... I already bought XL pads and will soon mount them. I can't believe how long I used my original pair with the standard pads... especially since I acquired a pair of XL pads as soon as they became available, but somehow never mounted them, fearing to rip the original pads while trying to take them off.

5D401D95-89E7-48ED-85BE-53EF18999E71.jpeg5FDABDB1-F804-44BD-88DB-C65570CEB8BC.jpeg120600CA-B5BB-47A7-B430-772BF09BEF17.jpeg3E9B7FFF-DF18-4FE0-A923-7798D388CE10.jpeg

Mar 19, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #23,348 of 23,366
I still have my OG m100. 7-8 years old. Still sounds great. XL pads are a must.
I bought my original set on April 22nd, 2013, so almost 9 years ago... I'm sure they would still work just fine, had they not met with a pair of pliers in the process of upgrading to the Master (Eternal Life guarantee upgrades allowed for cutting up the cable between the cups instead of sending them in). One decision I really regret, especially since the Master had lost that almost magic touch of the original M-100. I've sold the Master months ago.

Mar 24, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #23,349 of 23,366
I bought my original set on April 22nd, 2013, so almost 9 years ago... I'm sure they would still work just fine, had they not met with a pair of pliers in the process of upgrading to the Master (Eternal Life guarantee upgrades allowed for cutting up the cable between the cups instead of sending them in). One decision I really regret, especially since the Master had lost that almost magic touch of the original M-100. I've sold the Master months ago.
Wait, what? You destroyed a working pair of headphones? What kind of ****ed up trade in policy is that? Such a waste.

Mar 24, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #23,350 of 23,366
IMHO, The V-Moda M-100, Wireless and Wireless 2 sound very bassy and lifeless out of the box. But once Eq is applied they compete with some of the best.
I listen to alot of different types of music. They do nothing wrong! The Details, clarity and frequency range are incredible.
I know a lot of Audiophiles scoff at the thought of touching the tone controls but that's their loss. You would have to spend upwards of $1000 to complete with their beautiful sound once eq is applied. No Amplifier required here! By far the best mobile HP on the market.
I have several mid-fi HP'S that I've accumulated over the past year and none of them even come close to matching the V-Modas. I'm glad I discovered the sound these are capable of producing. These Hp's give my K1000'S and K340'S a run for the money. I actually prefer them for certain genre's. Eq sample below. Pop setting is very close to custom.

Screenshot_20220323-203219_SoundAlive.jpg
20220323_140657.jpg
20220322_202447.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #23,351 of 23,366
Wait, what? You destroyed a working pair of headphones? What kind of ****ed up trade in policy is that? Such a waste.
Yes, in hindsight not the brightest way of action...
V-Moda used to offer something called immortal life guarantee: if your V-Moda headphone dies, you can send it in and get a rebate on a new model of the same kind or its successor. Sometimes they also simply accept the old model back in exchange for a voucher. Being EU-based makes sending them in rather expensive, so they require cutting the cables.
Overall not that good an idea for several reasons: first its a waste. Second the rebate is eaten by shipping and import fees anyway, and unfortunately V-Moda still doesn't offer shipping from within the EU despite talking about that for years already. Overall its much better to simply wait for a new model to be available in the EU and sell the old model to someone. Or keeping it... which would have been the best option in this case of course :wink:

Mar 24, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #23,352 of 23,366
IMHO, The V-Moda M-100, Wireless and Wireless 2 sound very bassy and lifeless out of the box. But once Eq is applied they compete with some of the best.
I listen to alot of different types of music. They do nothing wrong! The Details, clarity and frequency range are incredible.
I know a lot of Audiophiles scoff at the thought of touching the tone controls but that's their loss. You would have to spend upwards of $1000 to complete with their beautiful sound once eq is applied. No Amplifier required here! By far the best mobile HP on the market.
I have several mid-fi HP'S that I've accumulated over the past year and none of them even come close to matching the V-Modas. I'm glad I discovered the sound these are capable of producing. These Hp's give my K1000'S and K340'S a run for the money. I actually prefer them for certain genre's. Eq sample below. Pop setting is very close to custom.

Screenshot_20220323-203219_SoundAlive.jpg
20220323_140657.jpg
20220322_202447.jpg
Nice models :) The white one is an LP2, correct? I've never heard those, but was tempted to get one several times.
For the genres I mostly listen to on headphones their default sound matches very well -- and yes, I do like my bass...

I've had numerous mobile headphones, but ultimately I got full round back to the M-100. And I'm really happy with them.

Mar 24, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #23,353 of 23,366
Nice models :) The white one is an LP2, correct? I've never heard those, but was tempted to get one several times.
For the genres I mostly listen to on headphones their default sound matches very well -- and yes, I do like my bass...

I've had numerous mobile headphones, but ultimately I got full round back to the M-100. And I'm really happy with them.
The white one is a Crossfade wireless and the black is Crossfade wireless 2. .
I've a/b tested the 3 and there's very little difference in sound Signature.
Never heard the LP but I don't think they're on the same level

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #23,354 of 23,366
The white one is a Crossfade wireless and the black is Crossfade wireless 2. Never heard the LP but I don't think they're on the same level.
Ah, I was not aware that the Crossfade Wireless was available in white as well... I had a pair with grey shields once.
I own several CF2W, one of each color scheme actually: Matte black, Rose Gold and White, and changed all of them to the XL pads last year. The CF2W seems to have a bit more bass than the M-100 I'd say, and its a touch too much for me so those -2dB might fit that model quite well.

Mar 24, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #23,355 of 23,366
Unbelievable, but I found an M-100 Matte Black unused in its original packaging :)
Feels like coming home... after a long journey. It sounds fantastic, as always. I still don't get how anybody could ever call the default pads comfortable... I already bought XL pads and will soon mount them. I can't believe how long I used my original pair with the standard pads... especially since I acquired a pair of XL pads as soon as they became available, but somehow never mounted them, fearing to rip the original pads while trying to take them off.

5D401D95-89E7-48ED-85BE-53EF18999E71.jpeg5FDABDB1-F804-44BD-88DB-C65570CEB8BC.jpeg120600CA-B5BB-47A7-B430-772BF09BEF17.jpeg3E9B7FFF-DF18-4FE0-A923-7798D388CE10.jpeg
I think I read in an old post you bought 2 pairs of the white model.Now you have the black any interest in selling one of the whites?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back