V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 13, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #21,301 of 23,366
Mine are going into their second year and I use them almost daily when on the go. So far no signs of any damage besides some minor scratches in the paint on the metal parts from falling on the street or getting into the hands of my 2-year old son... Maybe a problem with non-consistent quality of the plastic parts?

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #21,302 of 23,366
Mine are going into their second year and I use them almost daily when on the go. So far no signs of any damage besides some minor scratches in the paint on the metal parts from falling on the street or getting into the hands of my 2-year old son... Maybe a problem with non-consistent quality of the plastic parts?

That's my thoughts too. It's down to quality control of the materials.

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #21,304 of 23,366
Hey all, looking at a used pair of 100's, just pics, any way to tell if they are fakes? Are there a lot of fakes on the go right now?any help would be greatly appreciated.

if they have the original box, there is a serial number i think hidden under the inside cover as an easter egg

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #21,307 of 23,366
I think the fakes were much more prevalent with the LPs. The Cliqfold hinge on the M-100 made them harder to copy. Are there pictures of the case? The stitching of the logo on fakes is supposed to look crooked or crappy.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #21,310 of 23,366
Dang! Seller backed out at last minute. Promptly refunded my PayPal cash though, so many thanks for the honesty!! Now I'm lack to looking for a pair of 100's again.........

I likely plan to be selling mine... shields shown here will be replaced by silver shields. PM if interested.

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #21,311 of 23,366
Has anyone done a disassembly video on the M100? I'm trying to figure out the best way to clean the metal grill (?) behind the earpad but I'm not sure if it can be removed entirely. There's a lot of earwax/oil built up over several years of use (gross I know) and I'm trying to figure out how to best get a good deep clean on that thing. I'm picking at it with a toothpick but it's quite tedious.

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #21,312 of 23,366
  Has anyone done a disassembly video on the M100? I'm trying to figure out the best way to clean the metal grill (?) behind the earpad but I'm not sure if it can be removed entirely. There's a lot of earwax/oil built up over several years of use (gross I know) and I'm trying to figure out how to best get a good deep clean on that thing. I'm picking at it with a toothpick but it's quite tedious.

Tissue on the end of the tooth pick?..lol

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #21,313 of 23,366
I am actually seriously considering buying a new pair of these. from what i can gather so far, there are no real issues other than the fact that i have been told that they clamp very tight on the head. Also been told that replacement larger ear muffs are available . i would imagine that with the larger replacement muffs tight clamping might not be such an issue if they sit more over the ear than on the ear as a result. can anyone verify this?
thanks

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #21,314 of 23,366
I have been told that they clamp very tight on the head: not true, and you can band it backwards past 180 to loosen it if necessary, which I never did.

Also been told that replacement larger ear muffs are available: yes, the XL pads for $20.

I would imagine that with the larger replacement muffs tight clamping might not be such an issue if they sit more over the ear than on the ear as a result: yes, but for me the difference is minor.

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #21,315 of 23,366

Users who are viewing this thread

Back