V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 28, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #21,271 of 23,366

You're the kind of person that the proposition 65 labels were made for.

Yeah, that stuff has saved my life before.
If I want to identify a rock, I'm gonna lick it.
If something looks strange, I lick it.
If it's glowing, I lick it.
If it's looks tasty, I will lick it until I am done licking it!!!
If there's a warning telling me not to lick it, then I won't lick it unless it's cookie dough.
Cookie dough is amazing.

Dec 28, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #21,272 of 23,366
I'd like to see flavour tests added to all future reviews here.

Jan 3, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #21,274 of 23,366
I wish they make a thicker pads than the XL... Mine kinda flatten out really fast. Now my ear starts hurting again due to my ears are now touching the drivers again like the stock pads. :frowning2:
* you here me VAL?!

Jan 4, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #21,275 of 23,366
  I wish they make a thicker pads than the XL... Mine kinda flatten out really fast. Now my ear starts hurting again due to my ears are now touching the drivers again like the stock pads. :frowning2:
* you here me VAL?!

Mine did the same thing. Contact V-moda especially if you have had the pads less than a year and they're under warranty. Flex the headband regularly to break it in, I know that helped my situation. I think the latest batch of XL pads in the retail packaging hold their shape better than the ones I got in a plain package. The first XL pads I got were just terrible, they compressed too easily during wear and flattened out over time. I don't know if they have improved them, or it's luck of the draw, but I know the newer ones I have are a world better and I'm fairly comfortable again instead of having sharp pain in the peaks of my antihelixes.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #21,276 of 23,366
I decided to join the forum after receiving a pair of M-100s for the Holidays. I have to say, these headphones are amazing. I love everything about them. The design is modern, sexy and timeless. The quality is just top-notch. They are super comfy, and the sound is amazing. I've used them on my Pioneer and Vestax mixers, and they are bassy, but with refinement. I've used them with my PS4 and they sounded great as well when playing Driveclub and Battlefield 4. On my iPhone, and the music is just great.

I haven't been this excited about a pair of headphones for a long-time..just a complete, amazing package.

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #21,277 of 23,366
I decided to join the forum after receiving a pair of M-100s for the Holidays. I have to say, these headphones are amazing. I love everything about them. The design is modern, sexy and timeless. The quality is just top-notch. They are super comfy, and the sound is amazing. I've used them on my Pioneer and Vestax mixers, and they are bassy, but with refinement. I've used them with my PS4 and they sounded great as well when playing Driveclub and Battlefield 4. On my iPhone, and the music is just great.

I haven't been this excited about a pair of headphones for a long-time..just a complete, amazing package.

Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet!

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #21,278 of 23,366
So, I have a Vali X Modi setup for my Q701s, so I got a little curious.  I decided to plug the M100's into the amp just for giggles.  I thought I knew what distortion was, but apparently I didn't XD.

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #21,283 of 23,366
  That's weird.  I was using the gold plug that came with the headphones, and it sounded terrible.  Then I switched to this this other plug, and it worked just fine.

Sounds like a bad adapter or maybe it does not fit correctly (either end of it). Can you check the adapter with any other amp/headphone?
But good to hear that its OK without that adapter...

Jan 7, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #21,284 of 23,366
The stock V-MODA cables don't play nice with certain amps. I also get strange distortion when I plug my M-100 in the FiiO E9. Third party plugs without microphones work fine. I remember early on that the M-80 and M-100 would get horrible reviews from people claiming that they sounded muddy with no bass or no midrange and I used to think they were crazy or had defective pairs, but it turned out that most of the cases were due to the cable.

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #21,285 of 23,366
  The stock V-MODA cables don't play nice with certain amps. I also get strange distortion when I plug my M-100 in the FiiO E9. Third party plugs without microphones work fine. I remember early on that the M-80 and M-100 would get horrible reviews from people claiming that they sounded muddy with no bass or no midrange and I used to think they were crazy or had defective pairs, but it turned out that most of the cases were due to the cable.

It is the TRRS connection. Some amps don't play nice with TRRS. And all the V-Moda cables are TRRS (that come with the headphones at least. So A replacement or flipping the cable should fix those issues. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back