V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 26, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #21,091 of 23,366
  I dunno... I'm VERY partial to the White Silver and its deep rose case interior that goes so well with my custom FIAT red shields!

hahaha... that is very beautiful as well. I just didn't like how the pearly white version's headband was more of an off-white and I am afraid that white would get dirty over time. Your custom shields look really nice though!

Sep 26, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #21,092 of 23,366
lol i like the matte black better than the shadow as the shadow has a more light grey headband with a different fabric. I just love the red/black case hahaha. wish you cld mix & match

I've read somewhere the headband of the shadow tends to get dirty easily, that red stiching looks rad tho, wish they put orange stiching on matte black headband as well. Black and orange combo seems a nice combo.

Sep 26, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #21,094 of 23,366
Thanks!

They are satin-finished metal, just like the buckle on the case that shows up a bit better.... no paint to wear off.

Oct 2, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #21,095 of 23,366
Bit off topic, but I was browsing and found some patents for the M-100. Learned that Val's real name (or name listed on the patents) is Timothy Val Kolton. :O shockhorrorawe

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #21,096 of 23,366
My wife's name is Val. If it was Timothy I obviously wouldn't mention it.

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #21,098 of 23,366
  Hi Man, it happened the same to me! Left side, and works hardly a second when i push it over my ear. I can´t belive it, $300.......

v-moda's customer service is pretty legit. if you hit em up they shld take care of you

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #21,101 of 23,366
  Has anyone use their M-100's for gaming? How do they compare to gaming headsets? 

Thanks

most people here consider the sound quality of dedicated gaming headsets to be subpar compared to any equivalent priced well-reviewed pair of headphones.

the M100s for gaming will give you really great explosion sounds. if you are a competitive gamer with FPS, you may want to look for options that have great sound stage such as the AKG Q701.

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #21,102 of 23,366
Originally Posted by money4me247 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you may want to look for options that have great sound stage such as the AKG Q701.

I thought I´d use them for gaming, but the comfort factor is just not there, plus my way cheaper AKG 271s have a better soundstage. Positional awareness cues are just unnatural in the V-Moda´s cramped soundstage. (You can hear exactly when the signal switches from left to right when you rotate around the sound source)

I am actually becoming quite annoyed with these phones in many regards. I guess it´s a peculiarity of my ears, but they just plain hurt after a single song now. It might have something to do with bass preassure, I guess. I might have ears sensitive to the kind of massive fluctuation the bass signature creates in the small cup area. The seal is just too tight for my taste anyway.

If I could exchange them for the now discounted Hifiman 400s, I would do so in a blink of an eye. 

Oct 3, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #21,103 of 23,366

I thought I´d use them for gaming, but the comfort factor is just not there, plus my way cheaper AKG 271s have a better soundstage. Positional awareness cues are just unnatural in the V-Moda´s cramped soundstage. (You can hear exactly when the signal switches from left to right when you rotate around the sound source)

I am actually becoming quite annoyed with these phones in many regards. I guess it´s a peculiarity of my ears, but they just plain hurt after a single song now. It might have something to do with bass preassure, I guess. I might have ears sensitive to the kind of massive fluctuation the bass signature creates in the small cup area. The seal is just too tight for my taste anyway.

If I could exchange them for the now discounted Hifiman 400s, I would do so in a blink of an eye. 

you should get the XL pads. lol what color vmoda do you have? =P i may be down to exchange w/ you hahah

Oct 3, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #21,104 of 23,366
  you should get the XL pads. lol what color vmoda do you have? =P i may be down to exchange w/ you hahah

Oh god, please like "shadow" :D

[size=13.3333330154419px]They certainly have not dissappointed in the aesthetics department. No other phone looks nearly as good when worn. Oh, and I a[/size]lready have the XL pads - would throw them in the deal - they certainly made things a little better sound- and comfortwise, but not enough for me. 

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #21,105 of 23,366
Hello Mr. V,

If you can read this, I'd like to know if you are gonna port the new headband shape from the XS to the M-100s..... That'd be sweet.

Eagerly awaiting the revolver (w/ swivels???) and new IEMs...

Ciao!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back