V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #21,076 of 23,366
Crap, I didn't mean that at all, haha. I was just running with what you said, I didn't mean at ALL that you were denigrating the M100 or whatever else. My mistake, it was just me going off on another topic because you made a damn fine point and I wanted to elaborate.

Honestly, sorry for the confusion there. I wasn't trying to argue with ya.

No worries, I was in one of those moods and may have gone off the deep end in my response. It's all good.

Cheers

Sep 24, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #21,078 of 23,366
  I would love to have another set altogether for producing, but I am going to use these for other purposes as well.  When I get really serious with music, I'll have a better set, but I'm going to use these while I learn the ropes.

Problem is: I think one needs quite a bit of experience to mix around flaws in the headphone used for mixing... You're not going to make learning easier that way.

I can understand that its quite an expense overall, where an additional headphone just seems too much. Still I'd strongly recommend getting a rather neutral headphone for that endeavor, maybe a German Maestro GMP 8.35D, which is cheap, robust and much more neutral than the M-100.

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #21,079 of 23,366
Problem is: I think one needs quite a bit of experience to mix around flaws in the headphone used for mixing... You're not going to make learning easier that way.

I can understand that its quite an expense overall, where an additional headphone just seems too much. Still I'd strongly recommend getting a rather neutral headphone for that endeavor, maybe a German Maestro GMP 8.35D, which is cheap, robust and much more neutral than the M-100.

Might i suggest a cheap neutrual iem? Havi b3pro 1 ($60) and it honestly sounds like a pair of full sized headphones.

Neutral and expansive enough for mixing i reckon

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #21,080 of 23,366
zI am going to use these for other purposes as well.  When I get really serious with music, I'll have a better set, but I'm going to use these while I learn the ropes.
[/quote]

Sorry for the spam but here is a link to my review if ur interested in a spectacular iem for neutral sound for cheap (60$)
even if ur not interested id like ur feedback

Havi B3 Pro 1 Review: MASSIVE Soundstage on a Bud…: http://youtu.be/ZLDVJU9n3iY

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #21,089 of 23,366
  I like the shadow colour too, but ended up getting the matte black, because I was thinking matte black is easier to match with custom shield colours and is very discreet, but that's just me, get whatever you prefer. :)

lol i like the matte black better than the shadow as the shadow has a more light grey headband with a different fabric. I just love the red/black case hahaha. wish you cld mix & match

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #21,090 of 23,366
I dunno... I'm VERY partial to the White Silver and its deep rose case interior that goes so well with my custom FIAT red shields!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back