USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jan 13, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #1,921 of 6,468
Does anyone know who already updated their DC03 firmware, is that phase shift issue can be hearable? Based on screenshots provided by l7audiolab, high frequencies have some extreme distortions. It makes me think that's why I was easily getting tired while listening.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #1,922 of 6,468
Could someone please help me choose between the AloAudio Pilot, Hiby FC3 and the iBasso DC03. I already have the Mojo and it's hooked onto the Hiby R3(source) with a 3D case and I can't use it that much with my laptop or iPhone. Also, is there a difference between the DAC on the Pilot(ES9281CPRO) and FC3(ES9281PRO)? Thanks.

Jan 14, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #1,923 of 6,468
DC04 works fine on the Samsung Note 20 Ultra, but only after the firmware update from a few posts back. That firmware also did fix the phase shift that was identified in Cirrus chipsets

喜大普奔 iBasso DC03/04相位修复固件来临! | L7Audiolab
I tried to do the firmware update (I think I did succeed at that), but I have no way of confirming the firmware version on the dongle.
The PDF with the steps was clear enough.
After the update the situation is the same for me, I have to do a restart of my phone to have the dongle recognized by my phone.
(Makes me question if I actually did the firmware upgrade.)

Jan 14, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #1,926 of 6,468
Can't get back now you mean back to the old sound signature? This sucks! I was excited to get mine.
I mean that there is no option to get back to an older firmware. We need someone else to confirm this. If this is true, then we need to contact IBasso in their QQ which is 1090733838.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #1,927 of 6,468
I mean that there is no option to get back to an older firmware. We need someone else to confirm this. If this is true, then we need to contact IBasso in their QQ which is 1090733838.
That's what I meant buddy no s***.! So your suggestion obviously would be for me to not update mine when it comes. And what I'll just make a decision after I hear about the update and stuff.. what do you think? Thanks Erik

Jan 14, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #1,928 of 6,468
That's what I meant buddy no s***.! So your suggestion obviously would be for me to not update mine when it comes. And what I'll just make a decision after I hear about the update and stuff.. what do you think? Thanks Erik
Yes, you're right. The only issue I had with DC03 is DSD not working, but it was easily fixed by reinstalling the drivers. But anyway, if they updated the sound signature as well with fixing phase shift issue, that's odd. We need to contact them about that.

Jan 14, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #1,929 of 6,468
Yes, you're right. The only issue I had with DC03 is DSD not working, but it was easily fixed by reinstalling the drivers. But anyway, if they updated the sound signature as well with fixing phase shift issue, that's odd. We need to contact them about that.
No doubt I'll keep checking in with you and obviously the thread. I'm in the middle of something now but in a couple hours I'll see what I can find out. 13 hour difference usually so it's black over there right now. So it should work out. All right Bub I'll let you know. Thanks Erik

Jan 14, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #1,930 of 6,468
No doubt I'll keep checking in with you and obviously the thread. I'm in the middle of something now but in a couple hours I'll see what I can find out. 13 hour difference usually so it's black over there right now. So it should work out. All right Bub I'll let you know. Thanks Erik
I'm sorry 13 hours from the east coast of the United States

Jan 14, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #1,931 of 6,468
Could someone please help me choose between the AloAudio Pilot, Hiby FC3 and the iBasso DC03. I already have the Mojo and it's hooked onto the Hiby R3(source) with a 3D case and I can't use it that much with my laptop or iPhone. Also, is there a difference between the DAC on the Pilot(ES9281CPRO) and FC3(ES9281PRO)? Thanks.
I'll tell you in approx 10 days, just ordered the FC3. I think the chip is superior to the DC03.

Jan 14, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #1,932 of 6,468
With 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced still rather being an exception on USB dongles, I am still curious about which good options there are next to the iBasso DC04, the Lotoo Paw S1 and the L&P W2 ...
Any suggestions for the best balanced USB dongles? (I am specifically looking for a dongle for on the go. Anything bigger and I could as well take my M15 with me)

Jan 15, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #1,934 of 6,468
Hi, for a win10 laptop that has a type c connection I would like to buy an ibasso DC dac. SoundMagic E80 would be connected. Now I tried to read it back and the range of possible DACs expanded.

Ibasso DC02 - Velvet Sound AK4490 with DAC and 32Bit / 384kHz PCM and DSD256

IBasso DC03 - CS43131 DAC, 32Bit/384kHz PCM és DSD256

Tempotec Sonata Hd Type C - 24-bit/192kHz HD - CS42L42 Dac

Tempotec (Sonata Hd Pro Voor Android/Pc) - DUAL CS43131 - 32bit/384kHz

Dd Ddhifi TC35i

Meizu MasterHIFI Audio D/A - American Cirrus Logic 46L41-CWZR + Cirrus Logic CS43131 - 32bit / 384khz PCM - DSD 128

These fall into the $ 20-50 category, but with different chips. I know you could make a really good decision by listening to them all live, but I don't have a chance to do that. In your opinion, which one would I do better if I wanted to listen to flacs? Movie, Music, Game.
Sorry for the bad English.

Jan 15, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #1,935 of 6,468
Hi, for a win10 laptop that has a type c connection I would like to buy an ibasso DC dac. SoundMagic E80 would be connected. Now I tried to read it back and the range of possible DACs expanded.

Ibasso DC02 - Velvet Sound AK4490 with DAC and 32Bit / 384kHz PCM and DSD256

IBasso DC03 - CS43131 DAC, 32Bit/384kHz PCM és DSD256

Tempotec Sonata Hd Type C - 24-bit/192kHz HD - CS42L42 Dac

Tempotec (Sonata Hd Pro Voor Android/Pc) - DUAL CS43131 - 32bit/384kHz

Dd Ddhifi TC35i

Meizu MasterHIFI Audio D/A - American Cirrus Logic 46L41-CWZR + Cirrus Logic CS43131 - 32bit / 384khz PCM - DSD 128

These fall into the $ 20-50 category, but with different chips. I know you could make a really good decision by listening to them all live, but I don't have a chance to do that. In your opinion, which one would I do better if I wanted to listen to flacs? Movie, Music, Game.
Sorry for the bad English.
Hi I can tell you this. I have the mizu and I have the dc03 coming. And I was kind of concerned.firstly let me tell you the $22 from Amazon in the United States the mizu is a freaking steal. It has a really enjoyable slightly emphasized on the bass and the treble sound signature and it's got pretty decent power I found out it seems supposedly is pushing around 30 Watts 32 ohms. I have the Hidisz sonata 3 and I believe that uses the ak-4242 or something like that. Now I love that the sound signature is a little emphasized on the bass and treble again but I don't know I just really enjoy that sound so much. That's supposedly pushing around 60 watts. My concern was with the dc03 having the 43131 also did I waste my money.but I haven't checked I'm imagining it uses a different op amp and it does DSD 256. And it's supposed to have a lot more wattage 113 Watts. So I just wanted to show you how even though the same chip set is used it may have a different sound signature because obviously the wattage is different and the support for DSD is different. I'm hoping it has the same sound signature with just better wattage and the dsd256. DC03 had some sort of a phase shift issue that's supposedly was literally fixed just a day or two ago with a firmware update. Mine should be here by the 21st so it's going to be interesting. But another feller here mentioned that he like the old sound signature before he updated the dco3. He thinks the update fixed the issue but change the sound signature a little. I'm just trying to give you some information to help you if it does help in some way. Good luck and just keep reading the past pages of here you'll find a ton of information in the recent pages. Good luck Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back