USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jan 15, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #1,936 of 6,414
Hi I can tell you this. I have the mizu and I have the dc03 coming. And I was kind of concerned.firstly let me tell you the $22 from Amazon in the United States the mizu is a freaking steal. It has a really enjoyable slightly emphasized on the bass and the treble sound signature and it's got pretty decent power I found out it seems supposedly is pushing around 30 Watts 32 ohms. I have the Hidisz sonata 3 and I believe that uses the ak-4242 or something like that. Now I love that the sound signature is a little emphasized on the bass and treble again but I don't know I just really enjoy that sound so much. That's supposedly pushing around 60 watts. My concern was with the dc03 having the 43131 also did I waste my money.but I haven't checked I'm imagining it uses a different op amp and it does DSD 256. And it's supposed to have a lot more wattage 113 Watts. So I just wanted to show you how even though the same chip set is used it may have a different sound signature because obviously the wattage is different and the support for DSD is different. I'm hoping it has the same sound signature with just better wattage and the dsd256. DC03 had some sort of a phase shift issue that's supposedly was literally fixed just a day or two ago with a firmware update. Mine should be here by the 21st so it's going to be interesting. But another feller here mentioned that he like the old sound signature before he updated the dco3. He thinks the update fixed the issue but change the sound signature a little. I'm just trying to give you some information to help you if it does help in some way. Good luck and just keep reading the past pages of here you'll find a ton of information in the recent pages. Good luck Erik
If you want a completely neutral sound signature with a little more wattage get a quaalcom 9415 . The dosimix at Amazon is around 22$ now. It's incredibly neutral but yet still an enjoyable sound signature. Incredibly airy wonderfully dynamic it's it's a real nice piece especially for the money. I have the charm tek version from their store in alley Express. The difference between the sound signature of this with the other two is so blatantly apparent as far as neutrality.just something I thought you might want to know

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #1,937 of 6,414
Thank you very much for the answers. If I understand correctly:
Ibasso DC02
IBasso DC03
Tempotec Sonata Hd Type C
Tempotec (Sonata Hd Pro For Android / Pc)
Dd Ddhifi TC35i
Meizu MasterHIFI Audio D / A

Of these, I go with the DC03 best. Right? Is it the best choice in terms of knowledge, volume, stage image?

Jan 15, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #1,938 of 6,414
Thank you very much for the answers. If I understand correctly:
Ibasso DC02
IBasso DC03
Tempotec Sonata Hd Type C
Tempotec (Sonata Hd Pro For Android / Pc)
Dd Ddhifi TC35i
Meizu MasterHIFI Audio D / A

Of these, I go with the DC03 best. Right? Is it the best choice in terms of knowledge, volume, stage image?
I don't have my dc03 I have not heard it yet but if it has the same sound signature and more wattage definitely.I know it's popular there's a lot of guys here that can give you a lot of help. I would not jump the gun if you have a couple of days read some of the previous pages or wait for other guys to reply to you. There's a lot of great guys in this forum with alot of great information. Do you remember that the dc03 has that problem or had that problem. I would imagine if you ordered one now you would get one that had the problem still as the stock would still be a little bit old. I'm going to say one more time I recommend reading pages previous here and waiting to talk to some other guys also. But whatever you do best of luck Erik

Jan 15, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #1,941 of 6,414
was there a revision to the meizu? It seems like pro and non pro both use the same chipset now and pro seems unavailable.
It's a long story your best bet is to go to Cirrus logic.com and type in master Hi-Fi in their search bar. Basically the non-pro is called the hifi but it's the pro because it does have dual operating amps it's a long story you're going to get a lot of misinformation. I don't want people busting my chops I'm just staring you the right way also if you go to Amazon they've got a good description of it it's 22 bucks but double check it also at mizu's website I triple checked it I went to sirius logic mizu and Amazon. I can tell you this I've got it and I think it's awesome and I've got about 10 dongle dacs. From $2 to 60 bucks.I suggest just triple checking those places and come up with your own understanding.also there are some pros once in awhile available on AliExpress but the price is ridiculous. I'm talking they were asking like $200 sometimes it doesn't hurt to just check once in a while.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #1,942 of 6,414
It's a long story your best bet is to go to Cirrus logic.com and type in master Hi-Fi in their search bar. Basically the non-pro is called the hifi but it's the pro because it does have dual operating amps it's a long story you're going to get a lot of misinformation. I don't want people busting my chops I'm just staring you the right way also if you go to Amazon they've got a good description of it it's 22 bucks but double check it also at mizu's website I triple checked it I went to sirius logic mizu and Amazon. I can tell you this I've got it and I think it's awesome and I've got about 10 dongle dacs. From $2 to 60 bucks.I suggest just triple checking those places and come up with your own understanding.also there are some pros once in awhile available on AliExpress but the price is ridiculous. I'm talking they were asking like $200 sometimes it doesn't hurt to just check once in a while.
Im not sure I follow, that sounds like a long way to say you don't know for sure.

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #1,945 of 6,414
was there a revision to the meizu? It seems like pro and non pro both use the same chipset now and pro seems unavailable.
At first it was:
-Meizu Hifi: 46L41 bridge + CS43131 DAC w/o ext. Opamp
-Meizu Hifi Pro: 46L41 bridge + CS43131 DAC + OPA1622 Opamp

and now there's the:
-Meizu Master Hifi: 46L41 bridge + CS43131 DAC w/o ext. Opamp

Afaik, it's not clear if it's just a rebrand of the old Hifi, or if there's actually a difference in hardware or firmware.
Fact is that from the very beginning Pro and non-Pro used the same DAC chip.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #1,947 of 6,414
Super Happy with iBasso DC04 for on the Go used

Totally dead silent on sensitive IEM and also enough omph to make Tin P1 shining 💃

1610053265128-01.jpg

1610737002304-01.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #1,948 of 6,414
Super Happy with iBasso DC04 for on the Go used

Totally dead silent on sensitive IEM and also enough omph to make Tin P1 shining 💃

1610053265128-01.jpg

1610737002304-01.jpg

Wow, not many dongles can drive the Tin P1 for sure.

Jan 15, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #1,949 of 6,414
Wow, not many dongles can drive the Tin P1 for sure.

yup i try iBasso DC01 with P1 it's sounds underpowered slightly anemic and a bit sharp on top end + it's noisy in my andro 2020 & Am05

iBasso DC04 with
( 2.5 Vrms > 195.3mW @ 32Ω )
( 4Vrms > 53.33mW @ 300Ω )
sufficiently drive P1 without sounds anemic or sharp on top end, super happy 💃

Jan 15, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #1,950 of 6,414
yup i try iBasso DC01 with P1 it's sounds underpowered slightly anemic and a bit sharp on top end + it's noisy in my andro 2020 & Am05

iBasso DC04 with
( 2.5 Vrms > 195.3mW @ 32Ω )
( 4Vrms > 53.33mW @ 300Ω )
sufficiently drive P1 without sounds anemic or sharp on top end, super happy 💃
I'm glad for you too, nice pictures. Thanks for your review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back