USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jan 17, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #1,966 of 6,474
Anyway. If anyone interested in getting a backup firmware for DC03/DC04 before updating to the one mentioned in here a few pages ago, can any of you contact IBasso on their QQ number 1090733838? There's no other way we're going to make that otherwise. Sound signature was changed as well, and they didn't even tell about that in the changelog.

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #1,967 of 6,474
Anyway. If anyone interested in getting a backup firmware for DC03/DC04 before updating to the one mentioned in here a few pages ago, can any of you contact IBasso on their QQ number 1090733838? There's no other way we're going to make that otherwise. Sound signature was changed as well, and they didn't even tell about that in the changelog.

hmm.. sound sig change.. hmm.. I better stick to this one..
I dont mind the DSD, Never use it on my smartphone, waste of space.
but Intermittent connection issued.. well, I just used my OTG then.. Time to enjoy..

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #1,968 of 6,474
hmm.. sound sig change.. hmm.. I better stick to this one..
I dont mind the DSD, Never use it on my smartphone, waste of space.
but Intermittent connection issued.. well, I just used my OTG then.. Time to enjoy..
Yes, that's what I think also. If you already like the sound it's better not to touch it.

And uh, if I understand correctly, may I know your opinion on using CFA Solaris with DC04?

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #1,969 of 6,474
Yes, that's what I think also. If you already like the sound it's better not to touch it.

And uh, if I understand correctly, may I know your opinion on using CFA Solaris with DC04?
I love it... a side S1, since both of them really can tame Solaris Hiss...
EMI RF noise, DC04 much better then S1.
But connection S1 will be more plug and play then DC04.

Soundwise, I still like S1 tbh, but using with Smartphone is not ideal for it...
In term of dynamic, S1 is better then DC04.
S1 will feel more intimate in soundstage then DC04, at least no overlay.
IMO, for pairing with Solaris OG, DC04 will be good value, since a more lower price then this, still generate Hiss...

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #1,974 of 6,474
Jan 19, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #1,975 of 6,474
Jan 19, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #1,976 of 6,474
Jan 19, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #1,978 of 6,474
Hi guys

Sorry for taking up space with what in comparison is an amateur thread. I'm hoping that it may help anyone as un-clued as me who just wants decent sounds from an I-phone and are struggling to find any relevant material.

So I have now picked up an Apple lightning to 3.5mm adapter. I am no expert at critique so have put things in Laymans terms, i'm hoping you experts out there can shed some light and advice.

So, i used the same track, Weeknd 'I feel it coming' using my HD 598's.

Firstly i used the Ibasso DC03 with it's USB A adapter and plugged that into the apple lightning to USB A camera adapter. A right pain, not very portable! Basically having two dongles hanging out the back of my I-Phone SE! The EQ was set to 'off'. When the bass kicked in after about ten seconds it was distorted and muffled. I tried switching the EQ and adjusting the volume and still horrible distorted bass. Out of interest i played the same song on Tidal using the DC03 and it's USB A adapter through my laptop. It sounded pretty good and definately an improvement versus no Dac/Amp. No hissing or distortion at all. Please can anyone tell me why this is?

Secondly I listened to the track again with the Apple lightning to 3.5mm jack. There was no hissing or distortion, again this was with EQ off. Sound was as good as the DC03. Volume was about 20% less i'd say.

I then used both setups to listen to Mayday Parade's 'Miserable at best'. This time the DC03 sounded much cleaner and open than the apple dongle.

So i'm struggling really to say which works best. I'm hoping you guys out there can offer an opinion. Thanks again.

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #1,980 of 6,474

Users who are viewing this thread

Back