USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jan 7, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #1,891 of 6,468
You don't need to disconnect the dongle (at least in my experience).
Simply exit UAPP from the menu option at the very bottom and it'll "release" the DAC again.
This behavior of it occupying the DAC is the price you pay for bypassing the Android resampler/mixer and for gaining bit-perfect playback.

I usually exit from back button. Tried exit from the 3 strip menu, it doesn't release the DAC. I'm on android 9 btw.

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #1,892 of 6,468
You don't need to disconnect the dongle (at least in my experience).
Simply exit UAPP from the menu option at the very bottom and it'll "release" the DAC again.
This behavior of it occupying the DAC is the price you pay for bypassing the Android resampler/mixer and for gaining bit-perfect playback.
Ha! I wish I have read you comment a few months ago before selling my Cobalt. :)

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #1,893 of 6,468
I noticed that not all USB-c connectors are the same quality.
With my Meizu headphone dongle I noticed this problem:
The USB-c plug does not fit my phones USB-c connector tightly.
As a result it is a bit wobbly, causing the dongle to disconnect once in a while.
I cut a small strip of thin plastic, which I put in the phones connector so the dongle would sit tight.
As a result no disconnections anymore.
I don't believe I am the only one with this problem.
Can you share with me what solutions you have come up with?

Jan 12, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #1,894 of 6,468
Hello everyone. Greetings from Argentina.

A few weeks ago I bought Hidizs Sonata HD II non-pro version (not yet arrived). After that I came across this thread and after reading all the pages I decided to also buy Ibasso DC03 and Shanling UA1 to compare. I have to wait for all three to arrive...

Regarding Ibasso DC03 and Shaning UA1: Has anyone used them on Shanling M0, Shanling Q1 or Hidizs AP80 Pro? I would like to know if there is a significant difference in sound. An improvement maybe?

At the moment I only plan to use the dongles with my android cell phone. But I would like to know if it is worth buying an entry DAP such as Hidizs AP80 Pro and if it is an improvement over Ibasso DC03 for example.

Another thing: Has anyone tried this Dunu DTC100?

Linsoul: https://www.linsoul.com/products/dunu-dtc100

Jan 12, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #1,895 of 6,468
Hello everyone. Greetings from Argentina.

A few weeks ago I bought Hidizs Sonata HD II non-pro version (not yet arrived). After that I came across this thread and after reading all the pages I decided to also buy Ibasso DC03 and Shanling UA1 to compare. I have to wait for all three to arrive...

Regarding Ibasso DC03 and Shaning UA1: Has anyone used them on Shanling M0, Shanling Q1 or Hidizs AP80 Pro? I would like to know if there is a significant difference in sound. An improvement maybe?

At the moment I only plan to use the dongles with my android cell phone. But I would like to know if it is worth buying an entry DAP such as Hidizs AP80 Pro and if it is an improvement over Ibasso DC03 for example.

Another thing: Has anyone tried this Dunu DTC100?

Linsoul: https://www.linsoul.com/products/dunu-dtc100

IMO, dongle like you mentioned above is solution if you need an upgrade from your smartphone/desktop inboard sound card and of course the portability factor.
A stand-alone DAP such as AP80 Pro is better i guess if you can afford and not bother to carrying another device.
In case is there a significant uprade, i'm curious also 😅

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #1,896 of 6,468
https://www.facebook.com/hibycom/posts/2036032443205634

New Hiby Dac/amp 3.5 mm dongle

Hiby.PNG

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #1,897 of 6,468
If you were going to compare them only by their chips, then here you go:

(clickable links)
Spectra X(150$ ?) - Sabre ESS 9018Q2C - 32-bit 384kHz DSD-11.2MHz(DSD256) –115dB THD+N
IBasso DC03(50$) - Cirrus Logic CS43131 32-bit 384kHz (DSD256) –115dB THD+N
E1DA 9038D(100$) - Sabre ESS ES9028Q2M - 32-bit 384kHz DSD-22.6MHz –120dB THD+N

Also just an interesting fact: x2 CS43131 were used in HiBy R3 Pro. 9018Q2C was used in Fiio M7 and x2 9028Q2M in HiBy R6.
The new meizu uses the 431431 also. Erik

My video about DC03, in my opinion — one of the best price/quality offers in dongles world

Great review as always thank you so much Erik

Jan 13, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #1,898 of 6,468
My video about DC03, in my opinion — one of the best price/quality offers in dongles world

@cleg As we exchanged earlier on in our comments under your review, I will be curious about the DC04.. I will receive that one today and will test it on my Denon AH-D9200 (24ohm 105db/mw) 🍀..

I also was made aware of the Luxury & Performance W1 and W2. They are more expensive but rumour has it Mr WAN of L&P is pretty keen on making them the go-to USB DACs. Apparently in his latest firmware update he also compensated for phase shift discrepancies that seem to exist with Cirrus chipsets. Something that supposedly the DC03 and DC04 seem to suffer from...

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #1,901 of 6,468
Jan 13, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #1,902 of 6,468
Jan 13, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #1,903 of 6,468
Hey guys it's Big Erik. Thank you so much for that firmware update as I'm getting the DC03 on the 21st DHL said. I originally was supposed to get the DC01. But Linsoul ran out and I've been actually working on this since 11:11. I have various dongles dacs from $2 ones to $60.. I'm going to take photos and show you them and then I'm going to give you information from just listening. No measurements nothing like that just actually listening and giving an opinion. By having so many of them and so many iems I have found out something that is going to be extremely important. I want to get the DC03 and put that in with the others. I could do it now but I think it'll help to have that in with it. It is going to be a real eye-opener trust me it's unbelievable that I discovered. No maybe not unbelievable but it's pretty important. I hope I don't get in trouble for this. I will do this review after I get the dco 3. If someone can help me do it as I might be doing this wrong cuz I always get in trouble for doing it wrong.I actually was never going to write again because I felt bad but this is so important that I have to tell you guys. I hope people read this please give me any feedback. I will say this basically I found out that the dax adapt to the IEMs depending on their resistance. They tend to follow a certain pattern but the pattern can always be changed. I really would like some help if someone can help me please let me know. Thank you and if I did this wrong I'm sorry! you could help me! Please! Thanks guys I'm sorry to tell you this I'm sorry that it's going to be after the 21st but I just think it'll be better it gives me time to kind of put it together someone wants to help me. I'm going to want to put about 3 or 4 pictures in so I do need help doing that I think I mean I know I probably go to attach files but if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Take care and good audio guys. I don't know if I do the review right here where I'm doing this. So please help me! Thanks Big Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back