USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Sep 12, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #256 of 6,468
I have the 3.5 DC version and new s3 hidzs. Prefer the ibasso sound wise. More full sound, less veiled, more airness/open stage.

Sep 12, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #257 of 6,468
I have the 3.5 DC version and new s3 hidzs. Prefer the ibasso sound wise. More full sound, less veiled, more airness/open stage.

What headphones do you use it with?

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #261 of 6,468
I'm not 100% sure on the technical details for as to why, but many reviewers seem to point out that dongles with "real" DAC chips sound better than the dongles with "Codecs". iBasso DC02 contains a "real" DAC chip along with some kind of dedicated Headphone amplifier, while the hidizs dongles (all three of them) seem to contain "codec" chips. what is the difference? I don't really know, I thought some kind of chip converting digital signal to analog would be just that. while DACs and codec both do just that, it seems straightforward DAC solutions are better at it. If anyone knows why, please enlighten me :D

Sep 15, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #262 of 6,468
So until now I've always been using UAPP with my DC01. Does anyone know how I can make it work with other apps, like Google Podcasts app, Spotify, etc. ?
I can get sound output with Chrome app for example but not with others. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sep 15, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #263 of 6,468
So until now I've always been using UAPP with my DC01. Does anyone know how I can make it work with other apps, like Google Podcasts app, Spotify, etc. ?
I can get sound output with Chrome app for example but not with others. Any ideas? Thanks!

Use ibasso uac app.

Sep 15, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #264 of 6,468
Use ibasso uac app.
hmmm for me that does not work. It will just output the sound through the integrated speakers of my phone. Maybe I am doing something wrong in the order of opening the apps? How would you exactly go about it?

Sep 15, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #265 of 6,468
hmmm for me that does not work. It will just output the sound through the integrated speakers of my phone. Maybe I am doing something wrong in the order of opening the apps? How would you exactly go about it?[/

Ok, weird. Reinstalled the app and now it works fine. Thanks!

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #266 of 6,468
Will anyone with a late model iPad please tell me what adapter I need from Apple for bypass to xDSD DAC or any USB DAC? I think the camera connection kit usb3.0 is one way. It has an additional lightning connector output to add power to the iPad?
This one: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...s-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid-----product-MK0W2AM/A

Or is it just a more simple Apple to USB adapter like this: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...s-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid-----product-MD821AM/A

Thank you to anyone, everyone for your guidance. :smile_phones:
I need help! :warning:

Sep 15, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #268 of 6,468
Camera kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back