USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Sep 18, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #271 of 6,469
Hello everybody,
Yesterday I received Meizu Hifi-Dac (CS43131). There's an issue with it.
I paired it with transport player Tempotec V1. 5 or 6 times while playing a song the music stops for fractions of milliseconds. I even can't say whether it is stopping or clicks but they exist. I tried to play with different player settings but in vain. I tried the player with Dodocool DAC and everything is fine. No clicks/stopping.
Any ideas how to fix the clicks/stopping?
Has anybody come across with dedicated threads to Meizu DAC?
BTW,
Dodocool is 1.5 times more powerful than Meizu. The sound quality is way better than that of Dodocool dac, though.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #272 of 6,469
Hello everybody,
Yesterday I received Meizu Hifi-Dac (CS43131). There's an issue with it.
I paired it with transport player Tempotec V1. 5 or 6 times while playing a song the music stops for shares of milliseconds. I even can't say whether it is stopping or clicks but they exist. I tried to play with different player settings but in vain. I tried the player with Dodocool DAC and everything is fine. No clicks/stopping.
Any ideas how to fix the clicks/stopping?
Has anybody come across with dedicated threads to Meizu DAC?
BTW,
Dodocool is 1.5 times more powerful than Meizu. The sound quality is way better than that of Dodocool dac, though.
I'm experiencing this exact issue with mine. I've had the dongle for 3 weeks now. I use it with my mobile. I don't get these clicks/stops during calls or general usage (Google play music). But when used through Hibymusic with Exclusive HQ USB Audio Access turned on, the clicks appear almost as frequent as 2-3 times per song (sometimes less sometimes more) which is a bummer because it sounds much better on Hibymusic with that setting on than on regular players. I always thought it was a phone compatability issue but seeing this now, the problem might probably be from the dongle. There's now a pro version with same Amp and Dac chip and more durable cable. It doesn't justify the price difference imo but maybe the issue is fixed.

Sep 19, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #273 of 6,469
Del.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #277 of 6,469
+Hard What's your price range? what type of device will you be transporting your music from? also when you're considering buying a dac would you like a dac alone or a dac and amp combo?
So I want something extremely portable, and if possible under $220 AUD. I just want it to be able to run iems as I won't be using over ears for portable use. The iems I'd be using are Audiosense T800, they are 9.2 OHMs and have a sensitivity of 90 DB. I'd be using my Samsung Galaxy S9 with poweramp as my device, so a very nice and portable DAC/AMP would do :)

Sep 24, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #280 of 6,469
I was actually considering this one :). Does it come with all accesories? Such as a type C OTG cable?

No it only comes with a y-splitter power and OTG cable if you ask for that. But you can get the relevant OTG cables easily enough.
You can wait until his #9038D comes out soon if you need single ended.

Sep 24, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #282 of 6,469
No it only comes with a y-splitter power and OTG cable if you ask for that. But you can get the relevant OTG cables easily enough.
You can wait until his #9038D comes out soon if you need single ended.
I am in no rush, I see that both use 2.5mm balanced jacks. I don't have balanced cables but am up to grab one if the dacs are truly worth it. I currently use a Tempotec Sonata IDSD Plus as my dac/amp. I love what I hear from it, but I honestly find it a bit clunky taking it around. Do you think the 9038s is the best option?

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #283 of 6,469
I am in no rush, I see that both use 2.5mm balanced jacks. I don't have balanced cables but am up to grab one if the dacs are truly worth it. I currently use a Tempotec Sonata IDSD Plus as my dac/amp. I love what I hear from it, but I honestly find it a bit clunky taking it around. Do you think the 9038s is the best option?

The #9038D will have a 3.5mm unbalanced Jack on it so you can use normal headphones/earphones on it.

Personally, the #9038S is all I need sound-wise. It's very small and doesn't require a degree to set it up!

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #284 of 6,469
The #9038D will have a 3.5mm unbalanced Jack on it so you can use normal headphones/earphones on it.

Personally, the #9038S is all I need sound-wise. It's very small and doesn't require a degree to set it up!
Could you please show me the link to the one you are talking about. I am on AExpress and reading the specs of the Gen 2 it says 2.5mm balanced out. Does it come with an adapter that is 2.5 male to 3.5 female?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back